Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Critical Stones Fans "Only have Themselves to Blame"
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: April 5, 2011 01:19

Stones fans who continue to critically analyse every wee thing about The Rolling Stones members.. their music and how they perform.."will only have themselves to blame" if they feel disappointed about any future Rolling Stones performances that aren't up to their unrealistic expectations of a band thats being around for as long as they have.Because the everyday fan on the street are alot more understanding and if The Stones were to make a small mistake on the night..does it really matter..99.9% of the crowd probably would'nt of noticed it anyway..smoking smiley

Re: Critical Stones Fans "Only have Themselves to Blame"
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 5, 2011 01:22

Best colonial ever ! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 5, 2011 01:23

Come on Colonial not an other thread ...there are plenty on IORR that you can use

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: April 5, 2011 01:40

Edith Grove
Edith Grove..yea'.. I always like to stick up for The Rolling Stones..smoking smiley

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 5, 2011 02:03

colonial
Edith Grove
Edith Grove..yea'.. I always like to stick up for The Rolling Stones..smoking smiley

me too. woo-hoo.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 5, 2011 02:17

unrealistic expectations? for 450 dollars they should play my living room !!!!!!!!!

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: April 5, 2011 02:26

melillo
unrealistic expectations? for 450 dollars they should play my living room !!!!!!!!!
Yep...the "everyday fan on the street" can hardly afford those prices.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 5, 2011 02:31

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 5, 2011 02:37

Message to fans:

-Take what you get, pay your money and be grateful. Do not expect that the highest ticket prices in popular music entitle you to anything, even competent musicianship. Be satisfied with mugging and posing in place of guitar playing. Shut up and pay yer money. Leave your brain and critical faculties at the door.

Date: April 5, 2011 03:05

That was so insightful!

As Barbarino would say, " I blame myself Mr. Kotter."

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 5, 2011 03:20

If you have expectations from a band that lost its edge years ago with the price for a ticket that should have a band firing better then ever before then the saying "a fool and his money are bound to part" comes to mind.

As do more redonkulous threads.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 5, 2011 03:28

Go to the show - if there are any more - and have a good time.

You can say "I saw Mick Jagger and Keith Richards".

Don't expect 1972.

Date: April 5, 2011 04:10

Elmo Lewis
Go to the show - if there are any more - and have a good time.

You can say "I saw Mick Jagger and Keith Richards".

Don't expect 1972.

Don't expect 2005 either.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: April 5, 2011 04:21

colonial
Stones fans who continue to critically analyse every wee thing about The Rolling Stones members.. their music and how they perform.."will only have themselves to blame" if they feel disappointed about any future Rolling Stones performances that aren't up to their unrealistic expectations of a band thats being around for as long as they have.Because the everyday fan on the street are alot more understanding and if The Stones were to make a small mistake on the night..does it really matter..99.9% of the crowd probably would'nt of noticed it anyway..smoking smiley

Amem. I am saying the same all days.

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: April 5, 2011 04:54

colonial

Absolutely, mate. In my opinion, Rock 'N' Roll has very little to do with achieving musical technical perfection. It's more about having the ability to reach down into the depths of one's soul and make a connection, more about stirring up emotions, whether happy, sad, good, or bad. The Stones are right at the top when it comes to connecting with their audience via the great songs they have written and the way they deliver those songs through their stirring live performances. When you start talking about the greatest bands of all time you have to consider who has brought the most joy, stirred the most emotions, played before the most people in live settings around the world, not who was technically musically superior.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: April 5, 2011 05:10

71Tele
Message to fans:

-Take what you get, pay your money and be grateful. Do not expect that the highest ticket prices in popular music entitle you to anything, even competent musicianship. Be satisfied with mugging and posing in place of guitar playing. Shut up and pay yer money. Leave your brain and critical faculties at the door.

Yup.
That about hits it on the head!

Date: April 5, 2011 05:14

skipstone
If you have expectations from a band that lost its edge years ago with the price for a ticket that should have a band firing better then ever before then the saying "a fool and his money are bound to part" comes to mind.

A Stones concert is absolutely the "Greatest Show On Earth" and worth every penny paid. It's two hours of wall to wall emotion! Yeah, they may not be firing on all cylinders these days, but who cares, (outside of a few critics) they still deliver the "goods", the "goods" meaning a high energy performance that has their audience in a "state of frenzy"!

Date: April 5, 2011 05:29

thewatchman
skipstone

A Stones concert is absolutely the "Greatest Show On Earth" and worth every penny paid. It's two hours of wall to wall emotion! Yeah, they may not be firing on all cylinders these days, but who cares, (outside of a few critics) they still deliver the "goods", the "goods" meaning a high energy performance that has their audience in a "state of frenzy"!

When when the guitarists "can't play" and the "goods" are priced "higher than ever", then it is no longer "the greatest show on earth" and the only "state of frenzy" some of us are in is one of frenzied "disappointment".

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 5, 2011 05:41

thewatchman

Except for the "two hours" bit, this appears to have been written in 1966.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: April 5, 2011 05:54

tatters
thewatchman

I'm sure millions of fans since 1966 would agree with thewatchman's post.

Date: April 5, 2011 05:57

71Tele
thewatchman
skipstone

When when the guitarists "can't play" and the "goods" are priced "higher than ever", then it is no longer "the greatest show on earth" and the only "state of frenzy" some of us are in is one of frenzied "disappointment".

Tele, with all due respect, you and Skipstone (and others that feel the way you do) comprise a tiny tiny minority of the millions of fans around the world that will ultimately "pay the price", get off their couches, and (once again, or for the very first time) find their way to the next Stones world tour. Sorry, that you and others are going to miss the party, but that's not going to stop the rest of us from having one last Rolling Stones memory to take with us into eternity.

Date: April 5, 2011 06:19

MKjan
tatters
thewatchman

Just had a funny thought, the naysayers standing amidst the million on the beach in Rio and screaming, "they ain't what they used to be"!

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: April 5, 2011 06:20

Colonial, you may have out colonialed yourself. Well done man!

Posted by: ab ()
Date: April 5, 2011 09:36

thewatchman
Just had a funny thought, the naysayers standing amidst the million on the beach in Rio and screaming, "they ain't what they used to be"!

They looked kinda like the naysayers at Isle of Wight a year later, only with less clothing. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 5, 2011 09:39

2 1 2 0

Re: The Rolling Stones
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 5, 2011 09:52

i love the Rolling Stones ... and i mean exactly the Rolling Stones

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 5, 2011 10:38

colonial

Great one colonial. I wanted to add something, but I won't. I can't come up with something better smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: April 5, 2011 10:40

thewatchman

Man, are you good today. Very well said.

-------------------

Date: April 5, 2011 10:41

thewatchman

LOL, this one is even better.

-------------------

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 5, 2011 13:13

thewatchman
MKjan
tatters
thewatchman

At least those million people got a show that was "worth every penny paid".

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1289
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home