Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Dvd from the fan club R-S
Posted by: elpecko ()
Date: October 20, 2008 03:04

Still waiting for the dvd,after the Bigger Bang Tour.They prommisied to send it as soon as possibile...well this was for 3-4 monts ago...why the man will cries ??
Anybody get it yet ?? (i`m sorry for my english) if so ...please let me know so i can put the press on the ´Rolling Stones fan club.....allso have nice day. Thanks !

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-20 04:17 by elpecko.

Re: hot smileyhot smileyDvd from the fan club R-S
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 20, 2008 03:23

I think you better can remove your JJFlashes as they are not aloud by the host

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 20, 2008 03:36

It doesnt exist and never has done.

Someone legally minded really should get a few people together and sue the bastards for taking money under false pretences.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: October 20, 2008 03:56

I never received the dvd. I am member since 2005 and I never received the dvd.

Re: Dvd from the fan club R-S
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: October 20, 2008 04:01

elpecko, I would remove those jumping things PRONTO. BV has a rule against those being used on the Topic/Subject page (a comment is different) and I kinda understand cause they are really distracting - just push "edit post" and delete them. Helter smiling smiley Just some advice, nothing personal

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-20 04:02 by HelterSkelter.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 20, 2008 04:03

Looks like not only he did NOT remove the JJFlashes, he added a thumbs down!

Date: October 20, 2008 04:11

Edith Grove
Looks like not only he did NOT remove the JJFlashes, he added a thumbs down!

Well, the Dudes a hardcore rebel, what can I say EG-lol.... Animation, blame it all on that Dream Weaver Geezer Walt Disney, it's all HIS fault !!!... let's defrost him smiling smiley

Dvd from the fan club R-S
Date: October 20, 2008 04:15

Okey...okey..just tell me who to get off whit this things ????? ELpecko

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-20 04:18 by elpecko.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: October 20, 2008 04:19

Is this in reference to a *second* fan-club DVD? Because one was issued.

edited to add: Nevermind, that first one was from the LICKS tour; this appears to be a different issue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-20 04:20 by Glam Descendant.

Date: October 20, 2008 04:19

elpecko
I get it...sorry
Okey...okey..just tell me who to get off whit this things ????? ELpecko

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 20, 2008 04:20

well they did send the licks dvd out after a long wait, so maybe this will be the same outcome

Date: October 20, 2008 04:21

Glam Descendant
Please tell me more ?
Is this in reference to a *second* fan-club DVD? Because one was issued.

edited to add: Nevermind, that first one was from the LICKS tour; this appears to be a different issue.

Date: October 20, 2008 04:23

elpecko, I think they ripped you off - the DVD? there is NADA......

Date: October 20, 2008 04:27

HelterSkelter
Well they shall try and fall hard after trying...
elpecko, I think they ripped you off - the DVD? there is NADA......

Date: October 20, 2008 08:51

Senor elpecko, what are you doing? My comment has an extra sentence above in your "Quote HS" that I didn't type! You have to learn how to leave a comment mi amigo. Instead of pushing "quote this message" you're suppose to type your comment in the blue box below and push "Post Message".... COME ON DUDE !!!

Date: October 20, 2008 12:22

Dear mr HelterSkelter. I.m sorry about that it was a misstake no hard feelings?
Sorry from ElPecko

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: October 20, 2008 12:25

elpecko
Still waiting for the dvd,after the Bigger Bang Tour.

Me too eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: October 20, 2008 12:26

melillo
well they did send the licks dvd out after a long wait, so maybe this will be the same outcome

never got that, either eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: October 20, 2008 14:09

I queried this with RS.com back in January and their response was

"We'll have an update regarding the DVD posted on the site as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your patience."

Still waiting . .

Date: October 20, 2008 14:11

No Problemo ElPecko - everything is muy bueno and groovy......

Date: October 20, 2008 14:14

Thats funny.

I phoned them on 13 July 2007 about a refund issue, mentioned the DVD and was told it was being finalised that very weekend for an imminent release.

They should rename that fanclub Chinese Democracy.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: October 20, 2008 15:22

The bast***s! I've tried for two years (or more) to get them to send me my DVDs. I was stupid enough to sign up for three memberships, so I could buy more tickets in case of club shows (like in 2003). I have not renewed any of them.
I know Jake Cohl, son of Michael, is involved in making the DVD. And he's also involved in ultrastar, whom, I think, run the fan club. They've screwed up big time before.
What options do we have, except for legal actions? None. I believe that's the only language the Cohls understand.
I think it's a shame they conduct their business in such a crappy way that they give the Stones a bad name. I'm sure the boys are not aware of this... If they do know, why don't they take their business elsewhere?
This shit, and other alarming examples of ugly conduct of business from that family, indicate that they should not be linked with this band.
Lawsuit, anyone?

Date: October 20, 2008 15:43

great post, Addicted. Not so sure that the Stones are blissfully unaware of how they do their business, though. Cohl makes them a fortune, which answers your query about "why dont they take their business elsewhere".

I really do hope someone out there will take some legal action against them. By putting up with this nonsense year after year it will only encourage them to keep ripping people off.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 20, 2008 18:45

you know what everybody ,lets all take a deep breath and think of JOHN,and PAUL,ALL TOGETHER NOW, ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE !

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 21, 2008 00:01

I would accept the raw footage from the first Beacon Show. that would be a nice DVD.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 21, 2008 01:58

I bought fan club memberships twice - in 2006 and in 2007. Both times, after buying tickets but never receiving any of the promised merchandise that went along with, I was able to get the full membership fee refunded. The second time took a few phone calls but I documented what they told me each time and finally, after refusing a 20% refund, they did put the full amount back. I've posted about this several times (as I tend to be whiny) and would encourage anyone who has had the same problem to make the call and push for a refund. A few dozen of these calls in a short period might get some attention.

I did look at the litigation angle, they are definitely in contravention of marketing practices legislation in Canada, particularly since they told me earlier this year that there was no DVD, after earlier telling me that it had been sent and would be sent again, or was nearly ready and this time we mean it... but it is a long, messy road and they have deeper pockets than I have. Their first attempt at a counter-suit would put me out of the game just on the issue of cost of legal fees alone. After reading what Marilou Regan has endured with her book, I shudder at the thought of going through something like that. Really suggest going for the refund.

Past threads on the issue: [www.iorr.org] and [www.iorr.org]

One of the relevant posts from March 2008 read: UPDATE: Called Ultrastar and was advised that the DVD advertised in 2007 is not yet even produced, let alone available or sent. Apparently they have had many complaints. When I called in February I was offered a $20 refund and declined. This time they offered to refund the membership, which I accepted. Phrases like "goodwill" and "consistently inaccurate information" and "breach of contract" seem to be effective. Recommend a call - and best of luck. (When I asked what new members could expect in terms of the current inducement, a "unique way to experience Shine a Light" I was told that they would post that to the website closer to the release date of the film! Caveat emptor!)

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 21, 2008 11:00

>> Really suggest going for the refund. <<

i tried that about six weeks ago for my 2007/08 membership, and they refused to refund anything
on the grounds that no one got the dvd, so it's no cause to refund *my* money. eye rolling smiley

i only phoned them three times before giving up, because phoning from poland is not real cost-effective.
it would be great if more people would try it, though - as SomeTorontoGirl says:

>> A few dozen of these calls in a short period might get some attention. <<

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: October 21, 2008 12:42

I think there is probably a case in the UK as well. Although Ultrastar is based in the US. Does this say anything about sharp practice in the US? Is this a typical problem associated with US companies advertising some thing and not delivering?

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 21, 2008 15:28

with sssoul
... they refused to refund anything on the grounds that no one got the dvd...

Yikes! They said that?!?!? They are still advertising "gifts to be determined later this year" if you join now. Did anyone join before Shine a Light was released? There was supposed to be a special SaL-related gift but they wouldn't be more specific and I never heard what it was, or whether it was honoured.

I understand how difficult this has to be when you aren't in North America. But I also hate to give in to bandits... and this is Grand Banditry. Must ponder this one...

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: October 21, 2008 16:05

I got a DVD a while back, it came in a tin with the Stones logo embedded in it. And contains so behinds the scenes of them in India and a few songs. Is this the fan club dvd being discussed or is there another one?

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2089
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home