Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
would you rather...pay $3000 for a 500-seat venue or $15 for an "enormo-dome" stadium?
Posted by: swiss ()
Date: August 18, 2010 11:43

If you had only 2 options for seeing the Stones, and could only pick one, which would you?

would you rather...pay the huge price of $3000 for a tiny 500-seat venue? or only $15 and probably have to stay in bleeder seats in the largest enormodome stadium in existence?

- swiss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-18 12:11 by swiss.

Re: would you rather...pay $3000 for a 500-seat venue or $15 for an "enormo-dome" stadium?
Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: August 18, 2010 12:16

Er, I would be interrested in both - but haven't you got more options?
And besides - the club shows are the cheapest. They never cost me more than £ 70. In 2003 - when they did several club shows - most of them cost around £ 50.

(Oh - you edited your post after we answered... booooo!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-18 14:15 by Addicted.

Re: would you rather...pay $3000 for a 500-seat venue or $15 for an "enormo-dome" stadium?
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 18, 2010 12:29

$3000 for a 500-seat venue?

No, but I'd do $500 (or perhaps a couple-hundred more) for a 3000-seat venue.

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: August 18, 2010 13:21

$3000 for 500-seater? Nah, but I'd pay $150-200 for good arena seats.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 18, 2010 13:24

That's a bit of a funky price range; $ 15 to $ 3,000 ? No er ... middle priced seats available then ? Not sure if I'd stretch to $3,000 thanks very much all the same. Your middle name's not COHL by any chance is it ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 18, 2010 13:24

Aah - the fantasy gig in the little club.

But if they play the 500-capacity venue, that leaves most of us outside - even if the tickets are dirt cheap, there are still only 500 of them and if the price wasn't $3,000 to begin with then it soon will be. Not quite as bad as playing for hire for a bunch of very rich bankers, but almost as exclusive.

I'll take the $15 ticket and let everyone else enjoy the show too.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: August 18, 2010 14:16

paulywaul
That's a bit of a funky price range; $ 15 to $ 3,000 ? No er ... middle priced seats available then ? Not sure if I'd stretch to $3,000 thanks very much all the same. Your middle name's not COHL by any chance is it ?

Ha ha ha! That thought struck me too.

Date: August 18, 2010 14:46

Addicted
Er, I would be interrested in both - but haven't you got more options?
And besides - the club shows are the cheapest. They never cost me more than £ 70. In 2003 - when they did several club shows - most of them cost around £ 50.

(Oh - you edited your post after we answered... booooo!)

Er, nope I didn't, Addicted. I posted at 11:43 and edited at 12:11. And you, the first poster, responded 5 minutes after my edit. So boooooo! back atcha.

(incidentally, the Subject line had a typo, and I added quotes around enormo-dome)

I made the options extreme, intentionally, to force a choice, like Green Lady made (great answer!!!)

The question is exactly how badly would you want to see the mythical 500-seat show? I picked $3000 because it seems pretty outrageous but some people might actually do it for a once in a lifetime opportunity. And $15 for bleeder seats in a gargantuan stadium is almost free. So the question there was for those of us who dislike stadium seats...would you go if the only alternative were $3000? and it only costs $15?

- swiss

ps: not that anyone would notice but the reason I am posting again at what is 4:45am in San Francisco is that shortly after I posted earlier I went to bed and noticed my cats were nowhere to be found, looked and looked and heard crying, and---long story short---they had both apparently squeezed through a 2 inch opening and fallen out the window! I just moved into this apartment 2 days ago, and had no idea how to get to where they were. I had to climb 2 stories down a fire escape into a blackened courtyard but I found them cowering in a stairwell, and one by one had to hoist them (one of them fighting the whole way) back up 2 stories of fire escape. One got free and jumped onto a rooftop, the story unfortunately goes on and on...but we're all inside, and they're ok, windows shit til I can buy screens tomorrow.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 18, 2010 14:51

fifteen bucks for a stadium show . i have better things to do with three thousand bucks !

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 18, 2010 14:57

paulywaul

Well, to be a little more precise, I'll take the $ 15 option please. As the previous poster said, there are better things to do with $ 3,000. I've no doubt some people would pay it though ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-18 14:58 by paulywaul.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: August 18, 2010 15:10

Expect Livenations Ticketprices to be at US$ 3'000 even on Stadium shows for front row seats. Perhaps if you purchase that ticket you are entitles to get the chance for a tombola for a cold buffet.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: August 18, 2010 15:22

Who's money are we spending?? LOL

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 18, 2010 15:55

I dont have $3,000 to spend, but if I had, I'd far rather give it to a charity (such as The Society for Musically Retarded Bon Jovi Fans) than spend it on an evening's entertainment.

Anyone who would put a price tag like that on a concert is worthy of contempt and anyone who pays it is a bloody idiot.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: August 18, 2010 16:05

Grison
Expect Livenations Ticketprices to be at US$ 3'000 even on Stadium shows for front row seats. Perhaps if you purchase that ticket you are entitles to get the chance for a tombola for a cold buffet.

Not forgetting the 'collectible' laminate.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: August 18, 2010 16:18

Just to take this question a little further.

I've always been interested in the financial implications for fans when the Stones tour.

so what about this: Would you rather spend lets say £175 to see the Stones once in a Stadium, and have great seats near the main or B stage.

OR

Pay £35 have seats which weren't of the same quality but manage to see them on 5 dates on the tour?

Answers on a postcard please spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 18, 2010 16:28

swiss
If you had only 2 options for seeing the Stones, and could only pick one, which would you?

would you rather...pay the huge price of $3000 for a tiny 500-seat venue? or only $15 and probably have to stay in bleeder seats in the largest enormodome stadium in existence?

- swiss

Neither, and nosebleed seats in the enormodome wouldn't be $15. They would be closer to $75 when you factor in all the ticketmaster service charges.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 18, 2010 18:24

Monkeytonkman

I've always been interested in the financial implications for fans when the Stones tour.

so what about this: Would you rather spend lets say £175 to see the Stones once in a Stadium, and have great seats near the main or B stage.

OR

Pay £35 have seats which weren't of the same quality but manage to see them on 5 dates on the tour?

The latter. No question.

Seats even in the front row of a stadium gig are still quite a bit away from the stage. They're very good, but you're still about 20 yards away and its not like the band are coming down and playing in front of you. And the sound at the b-stage is usually horrific, even if the view and excitement for those 12 minutes or so is great. But even at that, you're paying all that money for a close up for what is barely 10-15% of the entire show.

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: August 18, 2010 18:34

$100 for a 2000 seat theatre, just like i did in 1978...

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: August 18, 2010 18:35

i saw the stone many times i was always first row but once i was only say 30th row.

i hated that concert course all concert long i could only think about how bad it is i can´t be first row again.

so i would definately prefer to go only once and being close to the stage instead of 5 times and being like a million miles away.

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: August 18, 2010 18:49

Monkeytonkman

OR

Answers on a postcard please spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

The 35 quid seats please.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 18, 2010 18:53

The Greek
fifteen bucks for a stadium show . i have better things to do with three thousand bucks !
I have better things to do with $15.hot smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: August 18, 2010 19:03

baxlap
$3000 for 500-seater? Nah, but I'd pay $150-200 for good arena seats.

apparently you're sane. what are you doing here?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 18, 2010 22:00

Some things are priceless. smoking smiley

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 18, 2010 22:18

If I could afford to pay $3.000 for a seat at a Stones concert..I would no worries.Just like I would pay the asking price for a new Aston Martin..its the old story your paying for quality..it doesnt come cheap we all know that..smoking smiley

Date: August 19, 2010 00:26

tatters
Neither, and nosebleed seats in the enormodome wouldn't be $15. They would be closer to $75 when you factor in all the ticketmaster service charges.

In my extreme scenario the tickets are $15. Perhaps you have an underwriter. Perhaps there was a $15 lottery. I don't know. But those are the available options.

winking smiley

If I had shitloads of money I would do the 500-seat show particularly *if* it were a very intimate show where they were telling stories and playing a wide range of music (which, I know wouldn't happen - Mick likes to prance and leap in blitzkrieg more than intimacy - and a Keith storytelling/accoustic gig would be better solo, just him)

- swiss

Date: August 19, 2010 00:27

dewlover
$100 for a 2000 seat theatre, just like i did in 1978...

Wow -- those were the days!

Date: August 19, 2010 00:28

stoneswashed77
i saw the stone many times i was always first row but once i was only say 30th row.

i hated that concert course all concert long i could only think about how bad it is i can´t be first row again.

so i would definately prefer to go only once and being close to the stage instead of 5 times and being like a million miles away.

I don't blame you for being spoiled - first row must have been wonderful.

Date: August 19, 2010 00:30

Gazza
I dont have $3,000 to spend, but if I had, I'd far rather give it to a charity (such as The Society for Musically Retarded Bon Jovi Fans) than spend it on an evening's entertainment.

Anyone who would put a price tag like that on a concert is worthy of contempt and anyone who pays it is a bloody idiot.

But how do you reeeeealllly feel about it, Gazza winking smiley Do you already donate to the SMRBJF - Society for Musically Retarded Bon Jovi Fans - or still looking to establish the group?)

- swiss

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: August 19, 2010 01:03

swiss

- swiss

Paying $3000?! I think not. But as they say, a fool and their money...

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 19, 2010 04:26

The Greek

I'll second that one!!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1734
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home