Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Dream Ending For Rolling Stones Includes Mick Taylor And Bill Wyman
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: January 27, 2011 04:44

Sometime shortly before Super Bowl III (that took place on January 12, 1969) a Sports Illustrated writer wrote an article predicting how the New York Jets led by Quarterback Joe Willie Namath were going to shock the world and upset the heavily favored Baltimore Colts. Apparently he had based this prediction on a dream that he had experienced sometime before. Namath himself had boldly and angrily guaranteed a victory just a few days before the game after he had read and listened to the media write and speak the Jets obituary for days leading up to the game. The Jets, led by Namath, went on to record one of the greatest upsets in the history of the National Football League.

The following is my dream wish list for one miraculous wave goodbye.

#1. Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor rejoin the band.

#2. The Stones return to the studio and produce their greatest album ever! All members of IORR agree that it is even better than Exile, Beggars, Sticky Fingers, and Let It Bleed! The album rises to #1 in both the UK and US and stays there for several weeks.

#3. A 50 concert tour is confirmed beginning with the Stones performing at the opening ceremonies for the Summer Olympics in 2012 where they feature their new hit single. The Euro leg of the tour continues with 24 more stops and finally concludes in September.

#4. After a few months off the tour resumes in the United States for a concert at MSG on Charlie's 50th anniversary with the band on January 14, 2012.

Re: Dream Ending For Rolling Stones Includes Mick Taylor And Bill Wyman
Date: January 27, 2011 04:54

stonescrow
Sometime shortly before Super Bowl III (that took place on January 12, 1969) a Sports Illustrated writer wrote an article predicting how the New York Jets led by Quarterback Joe Willie Namath were going to shock the world and upset the heavily favored Baltimore Colts. Apparently he had based this prediction on a dream that he had experienced sometime before. Namath himself had boldly and angrily guaranteed a victory just a few days before the game after he had read and listened to the media write and speak the Jets obituary for days leading up to the game. The Jets, led by Namath, went on to record one of the greatest upsets in the history of the National Football League.

The following is my dream wish list for one miraculous wave goodbye.

#1. Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor rejoin the band.

#2. The Stones return to the studio and produce their greatest album ever! All members of IORR agree that it is even better than Exile, Beggars, Sticky Fingers, and Let It Bleed! The album rises to #1 in both the UK and US and stays there for several weeks.

#3. A 50 concert tour is confirmed beginning with the Stones performing at the opening ceremonies for the Summer Olympics in 2012 where they feature their new hit single. The Euro leg of the tour continues with 24 more stops and finally concludes in September.

#4. After a few months off the tour resumes in the United States for a concert at MSG on Charlie's 50th anniversary with the band on January 14, 2012.

Accidently sent this before finishing! Should read January 14, 2013.

#5. The MSG concert is televised live on HBO.

#6. The Fabulous Fifty Farewell Tour continues in arenas and theaters throughout the US and finally comes to an end in my hometown of Seattle where the Stones play their final concert!

What is your dream ending for the Stones?

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: January 27, 2011 05:21

WOW! THAT ONE if I can join you at final show!

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: January 27, 2011 05:39

What is your dream ending for The Stones?

My Dream is that there is no ending for The Stones..smoking smiley

Posted by: ab ()
Date: January 27, 2011 08:12

Keep dreaming. My guess is that it's already over.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: January 27, 2011 09:31

Why don't you think is time to retire and rest as normal people??

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: January 27, 2011 10:49

Merry Clayton joins them for Gimme Shelter, Sugar Blue on Miss You.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 27, 2011 16:55

How about if they just keep playing as long as they can.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 27, 2011 18:21

stonescrow

One of them would be that the greatest rock n roll band in the world has nothing to do with the Olympics. I just dont like my fave bands being sideshows to things like that or the Superbowl.

The other from your list should be that there is only one city that's appropriate for a final show (and it may have been done already) - London.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 27, 2011 19:24

Gazza
stonescrow

One of them would be that the greatest rock n roll band in the world has nothing to do with the Olympics. I just dont like my fave bands being sideshows to things like that or the Superbowl.

The other from your list should be that there is only one city that's appropriate for a final show (and it may have been done already) - London.

<<< there is only one city that's appropriate for a final show (and it may have been done already) - London >>>

Time will tell, but the thought has occurred to me countless times since 26th August 2007 that perhaps, as you say, it may have been done already ? I personally wouldn't mind if it turns out to be the case, much as I'd love to see them again. But if not, well hell ... it was a great run and I sure had a blast on occasions. But nothing lasts for ever.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: January 27, 2011 19:29

paulywaul
Gazza
stonescrow

<<< there is only one city that's appropriate for a final show (and it may have been done already) - London >>>

Time will tell, but the thought has occurred to me countless times since 26th August 2007 that perhaps, as you say, it may have been done already ? I personally wouldn't mind if it turns out to be the case, much as I'd love to see them again. But if not, well hell ... it was a great run and I sure had a blast on occasions. But nothing lasts for ever.

Agree Gazza and Paul....and...at least we were there

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: January 27, 2011 19:30

Since its A DREAM, Brian comes back from where he's been hiding (and jamming with Jimi and Jim) and plays sitar on PIB

Date: January 27, 2011 20:08

colonial
What is your dream ending for The Stones?

My Dream is that there is no ending for The Stones..smoking smiley

Now that's the spirit!

Date: January 27, 2011 20:11

ab
Keep dreaming. My guess is that it's already over.

Not quite yet. They are destined for one more mission.

Date: January 27, 2011 20:13

KeithNacho
Why don't you think is time to retire and rest as normal people??

Because they are not normal people and are addicted to performing.

Date: January 27, 2011 20:15

More Hot Rocks
How about if they just keep playing as long as they can.

Exactly, and that's exactly what they will do. They can't quit, they are hopelessly addicted to the stage.

Date: January 27, 2011 20:22

Gazza
stonescrow

Better them than McCartney getting the Olympic gig, and yes, no doubt, if they tour it will all end in London.

The one thing I am concerned about if they do get the Olympic gig is their personal safety.

Date: January 27, 2011 20:26

paulywaul
Gazza
stonescrow

Don't worry no matter what you read or hear they have been targeting their 50th anniversary year since the last tour.

Date: January 27, 2011 20:28

Harm
paulywaul
Gazza
stonescrow

Agree Gazza and Paul....and...at least we were there

Wasn't the last time, however, it is extremely likely that the next time will truly be the last time.

Date: January 27, 2011 20:40

Woody24
WOW! THAT ONE if I can join you at final show!

I have a feeling you will be on the stage that night Woody!

Date: January 27, 2011 20:43

stonescrow
Gazza
stonescrow

Better them than McCartney getting the Olympic gig, and yes, no doubt, if they tour it will all end in London.

The one thing I am concerned about if they do get the Olympic gig is their personal safety.

I'd be more concerned about the other 80,000 people myself, but thats just me!

I dont think its a 'given' that it'll be some veteran rock performer playing at the Olympics. A few wizened sixty-somethings isnt exactly the image of British health and youth that the Olympic committee would want.

Date: January 27, 2011 20:52

Gazza
stonescrow
Gazza
stonescrow

I dont think its a 'given' that it'll be some veteran rock performer playing at the Olympics. A few wizened sixty-somethings isnt exactly the image of British health and youth that the Olympic committee would want.

On the other hand, they may be hard pressed to find any youthful rockers that can keep pace with the 67 year old Mick Jagger.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: January 27, 2011 21:10

I don't give a damn whether they play at the Olympic Games or American Idol or whatever
as far as they mix it up and don't get stuck with playing the same old song and dance.

Date: January 27, 2011 21:25

stonescrow
Gazza
stonescrow
Gazza
stonescrow

On the other hand, they may be hard pressed to find any youthful rockers that can keep pace with the 67 year old Mick Jagger.

Not true. And we're talking about someone playing a couple of songs - not a race.

Date: January 27, 2011 21:27

The Stones
I don't give a damn whether they play at the Olympic Games or American Idol or whatever
as far as they mix it up and don't get stuck with playing the same old song and dance.

I agree.

Date: January 27, 2011 21:46

Gazza
stonescrow
Gazza
stonescrow
Gazza
stonescrow

Not true. And we're talking about someone playing a couple of songs - not a race.

Seriously, do you think there is any chance the Stones would be offered this gig? If so, do you think they would accept? They did do the Super Bowl which kind of surprised me to be perfectly honest.

Date: January 27, 2011 21:53

Its possible and yes, they probably would for the same reason they played the SB.

-ie, massive exposure for a tour.

Oddly enough, the increase in sales for ABB in the week after the Super Bowl was pretty much non-existent.

Date: January 27, 2011 22:25

Gazza
Its possible and yes, they probably would for the same reason they played the SB.

-ie, massive exposure for a tour.

Oddly enough, the increase in sales for ABB in the week after the Super Bowl was pretty much non-existent.

The sales thing is interesting. Be kind of curious to know what percentage of the people who watch the Super Bowl are into rock 'n' roll or have any interest in the Rolling Stones. Probably didn't hurt them playing the Super Bowl. I assume they received a pretty good sized check.

Date: January 27, 2011 23:13

106 million people watch the Super Bowl in the US alone. Probably double that worldwide?

Safe bet that several million are rock n roll fans

The half time acts dont get paid - it's expenses only.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-27 23:13 by Gazza.

Date: January 27, 2011 23:25

Gazza
106 million people watch the Super Bowl in the US alone. Probably double that worldwide?

Safe bet that several million are rock n roll fans

The half time acts dont get paid - it's expenses only.

Which makes it interesting that their sales for ABB didn't increase significantly following that performance when you consider the massive amount of people that viewed.

A friend of mine who is a local musician was at the Super Bowl that year to see the Seahawks play the Steelers. He said they sounded fantastic but then he was flying higher than a kite that day.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1630
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home