Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Off With Their Heads
Posted by: Damon ()
Date: December 11, 2010 03:05

Re: OT: Off With Their Heads
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 11, 2010 04:01

Off with their heads?

I thought that was just a cheesy line from old Hollywood films.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: December 11, 2010 11:19

ooops

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-11 11:19 by swiss.

Posted by: Baxter Thwaites ()
Date: December 11, 2010 11:30

Serves these two right. Driving through a riot in a bloody gold fish bowl of a car. Shows how totally out of touch wih reality they are.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: December 11, 2010 16:28

They were going to a theatre but they got open-air theatre for free and even had a role in it or Charles was sympathising with the students while the students didn't know he was.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: December 11, 2010 16:56

Although not involved in this particular incident Dave Gilmour's son seems to be in trouble over the student protests. Roger was right...

"We don't need no education"

tongue sticking out smiley

Date: December 11, 2010 16:58

I thought the Stones were making a follow-up to Out Of Our Heads now winking smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 11, 2010 19:36

Fuc*ing scumbag’s the lot of ‘em – and I’m not a royalist, either. Pissing up the side of Winston Churchill’s statue, attacking police horses and generally causing chaos.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: December 11, 2010 20:19

Big Al
Fuc*ing scumbag’s the lot of ‘em – and I’m not a royalist, either. Pissing up the side of Winston Churchill’s statue, attacking police horses and generally causing chaos.

Are YOU a Rolling Stones fan? Never heard the lyrics of Street Fighting Man?!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 11, 2010 20:28

kleermaker

Yeah, but this isn’t a pop song, is it? This is real life. I’ve learnt to separate such things. What has been happening has gone beyond mere protesting over student fees. It’s an utter outrage and the majority of those causing the problems are not actually students – but anarchists.

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: December 11, 2010 22:54

Big Al
kleermaker

Yeah, but this isn’t a pop song, is it? This is real life. I’ve learnt to separate such things. What has been happening has gone beyond mere protesting over student fees. It’s an utter outrage and the majority of those causing the problems are not actually students – but anarchists.

That is the party line so to speak and after the first demo i went along with it but now i'm not so sure. When you have seemingly regular students like Gilmour acting like a fool you have to think that the heavily politicised ones,whipped into a frenzy by the SWP,the NUS are the rest more than capable of the sort of things we are seeing,and blaming it purely on arachists is very convenient. Let's see how many of those arrested are students,i bet it's far more than you would imagine.

I obviously have no problem with peaceful protest but this is taking the p*ss and i have a feeling the police are going to come down hard on the next one. It's going to get messy.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: December 11, 2010 23:04

Big Al

Yep that was what got me. Desecrating monuments to heroes. Have to say I agree with Christopher Hitchens - people just like to protest.

I'm sorry, but University should be eletist, and for the few. It was New Labour that said 50% of school leavers should go to University. What a load of shite

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: December 11, 2010 23:10

letitloose
[
I'm sorry, but University should be eletist, and for the few.

I find that quote particularly offensive and full of, as you say, full of "shite". Hearing lines like that make me glad we fought a war to break away from England. You just don't say things like that in America.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 12, 2010 00:27

coffeepotman
letitloose
[
I'm sorry, but University should be eletist, and for the few.

I find that quote particularly offensive and full of, as you say, full of "shite". Hearing lines like that make me glad we fought a war to break away from England. You just don't say things like that in America.

To be fair, we don't all say things like that in England! Anyway, if letitloose is right, then maybe university should be reserved for those who can spell elitist...

Posted by: MissNBrian ()
Date: December 12, 2010 01:14

DandelionPowderman
I thought the Stones were making a follow-up to Out Of Our Heads now winking smiley

LOLOL so did I!!
-----------------------------

"Doctor please, some more men please,
To Cotchford Farm, out by the pool...

What a drag it is they couldn't revive him"

Brian Jones 2/28/42 - 7/2/69

Posted by: mattty973 ()
Date: December 12, 2010 03:31

It is fact that the government has no mandate to be in power. This bill is not what any lib vote was meant to achieve . Your views are narrow minded and bigoted. A million people protested against the Iraq war peacefully. Well that did a great deal!

Cameron on his own has no right to power on his own.

Most of these students have never voted. They are the only people in this who have no responsibility for the mess yet they are copping it! It is a disgrace!

Nick Clegg is finished. It is fact.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: December 12, 2010 15:06

It's a disgrace what the students and all their hangers on are doing to this country.That NUS boss is a king size prat who practically urges them all on in future demos to do it violently if necessary.He says all the violence is by the police and not the poor downtrodden students and anarchists.These poor students who feel so sorry for themselves don't live in the real world.There is a world recession and life is getting more expensive and tougher.Life for them is a big booze up while reading a few books and attending lectures when they feel like it.Get real you bunch of wasters. smoking smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmoking smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: December 12, 2010 15:10

Actually,this thread shouldn't realy be here as it's political.It just riles me when I hear and read about these scumbags that I have to comment.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 12, 2010 18:08

I do not know much of British politics but chaos and extremism is NEVER the right answer. If I am correct the Royals have nothing to do with policy either.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1397
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home