Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Have You Seen Your Mother Baby, Standing In The Shadow?
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 6, 2010 09:23

Must be Stones longest song-title..grinning smiley

Maybe the longest title on a hit-single ever..

and a nice rocker..

Re: Have You Seen Your Mother Baby, Standing In The Shadow?
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 6, 2010 09:35

The absolute forgotten single/45 gem in the Stones live history. Played just a few times in their career. Would so love to hear this as the opener on the next tour. That 100mph adrenalin rush would be sure hard to beat.

Date: August 6, 2010 09:44

i like the alternate version better.

theres a few hit songs with longer titles. a pearl jam tune and another tune from the mid 90's that i can't think of the band

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 6, 2010 09:54

Jagger did a cool version of it live as well...

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: August 6, 2010 10:01

Hello,

Still remains one of my favourite Stones songs...my big sister had the compilation 'Big Hits,High Tide' (had to careful with typos there,hah-hah!) and the unreal rumble and brass and guitars had this kid hooked!

Cheers,

Si.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 6, 2010 10:04

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Ruby Friday ()
Date: August 6, 2010 10:37

Oh yeah, Silver Dagger, I also want "Mother,Baby" as I opner,
some years ago I made this suggestion for the Stones, talking about how to open a show:

"The lights goes down, the stage is in darkness, then we hear thunder and small lightnings apear... anf THEN the horn section starts and the music blasts from the speakers, and at the same time a gigantic lightning we see Mick and the boys on stage, playing a fantastic version of "Have you seen.."
and during the whole song thunder and lightning, and then it calms down... the sun appears and we see a gigantic rainbow over the stage, and of'course.."She's a Rainbow" fallows, you ask me, another perfect start on a concert, on the other hand the Stones are EXPERTS on opning a show, but why not try this ....

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: August 6, 2010 10:38

Come On
Must be Stones longest song-title..grinning smiley

Maybe the longest title on a hit-single ever..

and a nice rocker..

why are many records cover from the wrong year ??? on the singles..????

Date: August 6, 2010 10:49

It must be that they are released in different countries...we had some brilliant Beatles-single front-covers only in Sweden...

Date: August 6, 2010 10:56

some other long song titles:
pearl jam: "Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town"

the faces: "You Can Make Me Dance, Sing or Anything (Even Take the Dog For a Walk, Mend a Fuse, Fold Away the Ironing Board, or Any Other Domestic Shortcomings)"

i still can not remember the really long song title of the hit from the mid 90's

Date: August 6, 2010 11:00

and those songs is hit-singles?

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: August 6, 2010 11:03

Come On
It must be that they are released in different countries...we had some brilliant Beatles-single front-covers only in Sweden...

yes .in sweden they use the same pictures over and over on various singles.

we love you got a pic from 1964...

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: August 6, 2010 11:08

Come On
and those songs is hit-singles?

yes to pearl jam: "Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town"

Date: August 6, 2010 11:13

this is a very odd front-cover to 'We Love You' (not swedish though)

Date: August 6, 2010 11:20

I'm a big Vedder-fan and I think his style has many followers in the new rock-world, but I have never heard this song (blame it on me)...

Date: August 6, 2010 11:37

the pearl jam tunes was a big hit charting 2 times (once studio and once live). the faces songs gets played every now and again on rock radio here in the states but was a big hit in the UK. there is a tune with a much longer title than any song mentioned already. its from the mid 90's but i can't remember who did it.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: August 6, 2010 11:42

Mother & Plane is one of the best 45s of the stones. It is absolutely fantastic. Mother with its wall of sound and frantic beat, Plane with the hard shuffle and fast pace, THE ROLLING STONES! Some time ago Majesty started a thread asking which was the LP most representative of the 60's, and I argued that no LP could beat the 45s ... THIS is the kind of stuff that I had in mind.

Actually, this is the first of a strip of 4 consecutive 45s (mother / plane - night together/Tuesday - love you/dandilion - Flash / Moon) that is, for variety of styles, melodies and all, all you need to describe the greatness of the Stones!

C

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: August 6, 2010 12:28

Speaking of long titles, the last Faces single (while not a huge hit ) was called:

"You Can Make Me Dance, Sing Or Anything (Even Take The Dog For A Walk, Mend A Fuse, Fold Away The Ironing Board, Or Any Other Domestic Short Comings)."

I'd love to see them do "Have You Seen Your Mother Baby, Standing In The Shadow?" live, but maybe as the second song, after a big warhorse opener...that would throw the meat to the bulk of the crowd, and then let the fanatics know they were in for something special.

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: August 6, 2010 13:14

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-21 03:21 by misterfrias.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 6, 2010 13:38

Great song, I was really impressed the first time I heard this song...great B-Side too

Released in Holland

Date: August 6, 2010 13:51

loog droog
Speaking of long titles, the last Faces single (while not a huge hit ) was called:

"You Can Make Me Dance, Sing Or Anything (Even Take The Dog For A Walk, Mend A Fuse, Fold Away The Ironing Board, Or Any Other Domestic Short Comings)."

I'd love to see them do "Have You Seen Your Mother Baby, Standing In The Shadow?" live, but maybe as the second song, after a big warhorse opener...that would throw the meat to the bulk of the crowd, and then let the fanatics know they were in for something special.

look a few posts up

Posted by: mistervinyl ()
Date: August 6, 2010 14:19

And what about "The Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man", guys ??? smoking smiley

Date: August 6, 2010 14:22

Have You Seen Your Mother Baby, Standing In Shadow?
The Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man
You Can Make Me Dance, Sing Or Anything (~~~~~)

( don't counts )

Stones won drinking smiley

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: August 6, 2010 22:32

They should open w/this one next time but since they're playing to the punters & not the hard core fans anymore it wouldn't resonate. They did Not Fade Away whatever year it was & it sounded like sh!t.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: August 6, 2010 22:44

Why can`t they play those old songs in the light-hearted way they were meant to be played? When playing Paint It Black, As Tears Go By or The Last Time, it`s always so heavy-handed. Have The Stones become a heavy band now?

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: August 6, 2010 23:06

One of my all-time Stones favorites. And one I think would fit the band nicely, live. Jagger did it on a solo tour and it sounded great.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: August 6, 2010 23:26

I can think of one longer Stones song title (though it was abbreviated in the U.S.) -- anyone else?

Posted by: wordnat ()
Date: August 6, 2010 23:33

I just heard the alternate mix of HYSYMBSITS for the first time about a month ago and it KILLS the released version! Didn't Keith say that the released version was some sort of mistake...? I couldn't agree more -- the alternate mix turns a muddy mess into a brilliant, um, mess. LOVE IT!

Posted by: cc ()
Date: August 6, 2010 23:37

great great cut, just the kind of classic song that gets forgotten amid the endless debates about 2nd guitarists.

so which is the correct original UK single sleeve?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-06 23:38 by cc.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: August 6, 2010 23:38

noughties
Why can`t they play those old songs in the light-hearted way they were meant to be played? When playing Paint It Black, As Tears Go By or The Last Time, it`s always so heavy-handed. Have The Stones become a heavy band now?

what is "now" with respect to the Stones? do you mean on the mythical next tour? or since 1969?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1478
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home