Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Why Jack White as Next Producer
Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: August 3, 2010 18:21

I think Jack could make a nice gritty blues record with the Stones...he loves guitars and would push Keith. I think he could harness more of a gritty, nasty, live blues/rock-n-roll thing out of the band.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: August 3, 2010 18:44

audun-eg
(....) I mean, who is the true experts on Stones music?

not mick jagger anymore. he has proven it the last 25 years!

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: August 3, 2010 20:24

guitarbastard
audun-eg

Rockman, Gazza....and about 100+ other good folks out there in IORRLand.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: August 3, 2010 20:29

I for one think Jack White would be excellent producer for the Stones. A kick up the arse from someone who digs nitty gritty rock and roll would be great for the band I think. Now jack Black on the other hand...

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: August 3, 2010 20:47

Speaking of nitty gritty rock 'n' roll, I have been digging a lot of the rock 'n' roll coming out of Scandinavia in the past decade or so (Hellacopters, Gluecifer, etc...). I'd like to hear what a producer like Chips Kiesbye or Tomas Skogsberg could do with the Stones.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: August 4, 2010 00:14

Adrian-L
guitarbastard
audun-eg

Rockman, Gazza....and about 100+ other good folks out there in IORRLand.

They may be experts on Stones' musical history, but I'll be surprised if they know better than the Stones themselves what they want to do next. I could be wrong of course... winking smiley

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: August 4, 2010 00:21

i think at this point the stones have absolutely no interest in a new album.

they want to make some cash once again, that´s about it.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 4, 2010 00:24

stoneswashed77
i think at this point the stones have absolutely no interest in a new album.

they want to make some cash once again, that´s about it.

their interest would be no more or less than existed for ABB...the interest there was to have a product to base an excuse for a new tour. the results more or less proved that, too. if they are doing any calculus now, it's on that basis again.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 4, 2010 00:36

If they don't release a new album when the plan to tour again, that means that they can play 5, 6 years old songs from the Bigger Bang, that was recorded from September 2004 till June 2005.

Can you imagine that they record an album 1964/5 and start to tour in 1970 with a new album?

Posted by: bolexman ()
Date: August 4, 2010 14:49

Handova
How about Jon Spencer? ... Now THAT would be interesting!

Hell yeah! Seriously! That would be terrific. Man, I wish this would happen. Spencer is a great artist. It is interesting too how some JSBX albums have been produced by Steve Jordan... I wonder if Mick is aware of what Jon Spencer achieved back in the glory days of 1990s "Orange" and "Now I Got Worry"? That was an amazing time for the band, its a shame Jon got bored with that style and moved on. Those shows cooked like nothing else! I have seen 100s of shows, literally, and Spencer really knows how to kick out the jams. I have seen his new band Heavy Trash live and they are cool too. I worked with Jon very briefly on his last tour, filming him, and he is a gentlemen. In my opinion he is the best rock'n'roller of my generation. I take my hat off to him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-04 14:51 by bolexman.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: August 4, 2010 15:13

the stones need an old school producer who makes them rehearse the songs until they're polished enough to record them . wish tom dowd were still alive

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 4, 2010 16:10

Rocky Dijon
I'll be happy for a new album however we can get it. If I could choose, I'd have Rob Fraboni in the producer's chair with Ben Elliott engineering. I doubt Mick would want that and quite honestly Universal wouldn't either.

Fraboni has worked with the Stones on and off over the years since Goats Head Soup. He would be an excellent choice. He's gotten good results with what he's done with the Stones.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 4, 2010 16:33

marquess
Go back to analog recordings.

Yes sir good quote!

Now that's something that reverberates with me.

There are two sides to record producing which will impact on the finished result.

One is the producer's influence and motivation to get the best musical vision and performance out of the artist.

The other is the application of technology to record and preserve that music and its true spirit.

A big problem with much modern recording output is that it often employs very crudely applied digital technology to cater for the current shoddy playback media which the industry has foisted on us over the last 25 years.

Everything is compressed to hell so that it sounds impressive and dynamic on MP3 downloads or on playback via portable hardware.

There's no real dynamics or subtlety at all in today's commercial recordings.

The recent exile re-master [together with previous digital disastering projects] illustrates and confirms this very effectively.
All very clear and precise...but it completely loses the "vibe" and any sense of the recorded acoustic.

A return to recording and mastering with traditional analogue equipment, without all the compression and overprocessing would be a step in the right direction.

..but I won't hold my breath ;^)

The main point is that all this falls within the remit of the "studio producer".

Musicians traditionally have a blind spot with regard to these issues.

They experienced the vibe and the buzz when they recorded it.
They are consequently not in the best position to judge whether the effect is preserved for the listener in the finished recording.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: August 4, 2010 16:44

well said Spud

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2310
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home