Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: how many Doors live recordings do you own?
Posted by: noughties ()
Date: July 27, 2010 15:39

Mine`s:

1) Absolutely Live (2LP)
2) Alive She Cried (LP)
3) Moonlight Drive (LP, bootleg)
4) The Doors Box Set (1 of 4 CDs; Live In New York)

It holds in spades.

Re: OT: how many Doors live recordings do you own?
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: July 27, 2010 15:43

live in Boston, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia...
kill me they're all the same. ;^)

Date: July 27, 2010 15:44

I wonder should I get this... [allmusic.com]
it's tempting but on the other hand I know I've heard it all before.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: July 27, 2010 16:08

Absolutely Live (vinyl & CD)
Alive She Cried
In Concert
Felt Forum, NY (6 CD)
Detroit 1970
Boston 1970
Pittsburgh 1970
Matrix 1967

Amused, mate, you're right about Boston/Pittsburgh and Detroit. Detroit's actually the best of the three. I picked all three up very cheaply as a package.

The Felt Forum one's not bad. If you have the Doors Box Set (from 1997), the live disc is a compendium of the best parts of the Felt Forum gigs, and is probably all you need.

Anyone got the Aquarius Theatre/Backstage & Dangerous shows?

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: July 27, 2010 18:00

I have the Aquarius Theatre shows. Rivals the Felt Forum shows and better in my opinion than the Boston, Pittsburgh (which I have) Philly, and Detroit shows which were played within a few weeks of one another. Aquarius Theatre had a great setlist. Good shows without a lot of rambling from Morrison, who sounded sober and coherent, something that he is not in the Boston show.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: July 27, 2010 18:26

ONE! "In Concert" I believe it's a compilation of live stuff from 69-70.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: July 27, 2010 18:26

I recommend the Matrix Club Tapes, '67. Excellent sound. Great timing. It was right when the band was breaking. The first album as just released. A smoking version of Break On Through is greeted with a smattering of applause from the club audience. Morrison sounds sexy, dangerous and slightly weird.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: July 27, 2010 20:12

have them all plus a ton of bootlegs. love the felt forum collection. abkco should of done the same and released all of the stones 1969 msg shows in one collection

Date: July 27, 2010 20:14

yeah, the Doors kinda sucked live. I mean, their shows were great, but they weren't a particularly wonderful live band. they were just a great band who had a better night once in a while. and they toured very little from what I know, rrright?

the Stones, the greatest rock and roll LIVE band ever... one good live album from the 60s. ouch.

Date: July 28, 2010 00:51

boston
pittsburgh
matrix
felt forum boxset
the doors boxset

the felt forum disc on the doors boxset has a lot of overdubbing on it and i don't think the "gloria" on there is the one from the actual felt forum.

the doors are releasing a limited pressing of the real matrix tapes in a gold disc boxset that i believe will include both shows in running order instead of the 2nd hand source tapes and 1 version of each tune they played.

also i just got the doors boxset a few weeks ago because FYE was selling it as a cutout brand new for $20. still agree with my original view of it that the 4th disc is a huge waste for the people who were going to buy it and there was so much more they could have included if they did not use the 4th disc for already released material. they could have included some more random live stuff plus not edit the ROCK IS DEAD SESSIONS or some of the other tunes on the set that were shortened

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: July 28, 2010 11:52

All the Bright Midnight stuff except the New York 4CD and Stockholm 68 and a 1970 boot CD. I have that Bright Midnight 4CD box which seems to be quite rare.

Date: July 28, 2010 12:01

the new york felt forum is 6 cd's

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: July 28, 2010 15:01

AL and ASC on old honest vinyl.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: July 28, 2010 15:03

The GR
All the Bright Midnight stuff except the New York 4CD and Stockholm 68 and a 1970 boot CD. I have that Bright Midnight 4CD box which seems to be quite rare.

I didn't know Stockholm had been released. Must track that one down. The European shows were said to be among the best they ever played.

Date: July 28, 2010 15:06

unless its a dvd stockholm 68 has not been released

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2049
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home