Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Blondie Chaplin tour in Holland!
Date: September 2, 2010 22:10

Forty Licks Fanclub is pleased to announce the Dutch Blondie Chaplin tour. From September the 13th until the first of October, Blondie will give seven concerts in Amsterdam. For Rolling Stones fans the concerts on the 16th and the 26th of September are especially interesting because his performance is combined with a Rolling Stones party and Blondie and band will play mainly Rolling Stones music on these dates.

On September the 16th Blondie and band will play at the “Ladies and Gentlemen: the Rolling Stones” afterparty, directly after the movie “Ladies and Gentlemen: the Rolling Stones”.

On September the 26th Forty Licks Fanclub will organize another “Ladies and Gentlemen: the Rolling Stones” (after)party with Blondie and band, for all the fans that were not able to be at the party on the evening of the 16th.

For more information about the concerts of Blondie Chaplin in Holland and especially the parties on the 16th and the 26th, visit our website www.fortylicksfanclub.nl; see “Nieuws”, "English" or “FLF agenda”.

Re: Blondie Chaplin tour in Holland!
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: September 4, 2010 11:40

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-17 11:42 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 4, 2010 12:10

Any specific info about the other 5 gigs ? How to get tickets etc. I cannot find it on the websites of the venues. Some of them don't have a website at all ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 4, 2010 12:25

Touring in Holland means only Amsterdam?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 4, 2010 12:27

So far yes Harm. Unless you know a place for Blondie to play in Maastricht.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: September 4, 2010 12:31

Rolling Hansie
Actually....winking smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 4, 2010 13:33

Harm
Rolling Hansie

What about the take 5 ?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 4, 2010 13:46

Poor guy, always playing for a bunch of Stones fans.

Date: September 4, 2010 13:47

Amsterdamned
Harm
Rolling Hansie

What about the take 5 ?

Not bad at all....big enough probably
...or the Sticky Fingers...although it's sadly not the stones' pub it used to be years ago

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-04 13:49 by Harm.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: September 4, 2010 14:02

Koen

yup

Date: September 4, 2010 14:03

Rik
Koen

yup

True

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 4, 2010 14:13

Harm
Amsterdamned
Harm
Rolling Hansie

What about the take 5 ?

Not bad at all....big enough probably
...or the Sticky Fingers...although it's sadly not the stones' pub it used to be years ago

Visited M'stricht one year ago.
The atmosphere was different when I used to live there.
And the Veronica boat was gone. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: September 4, 2010 14:24

Koen
He's not exactly a "household name", so bringing home the bread forces people to do compromises, I suppose.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: September 4, 2010 19:09

Koen

Well, Stones fans are not always locked on Stones music. Some are open enough to dig around Stones music, jazz, blues and country influences, rock heirs... and even their sidemen's work which for most is really worth it and not necesseraly stones-centric...

Blondie's recent exposure is related to his work with the Stones and Keith. Maybe Between Us would not have been released otherwise... I don't see the problem of playing for a bunch of Stones fans, really, as long as he gets to play his own songs, some of these are amazing (We Hurt...).

Date: September 4, 2010 20:37

But he very rarely gets to play his own songs. More often than not, he plays with Stones coverbands. People only relate to him at "a guy from the Stones backing band". He's not a household name, not anywhere, and that's the tough truth. So he has to work, get that fine "Fragile Thread" album out - (the "Keith & Ronnie" album that was recorded in 2002-03. There's been a problem with the guy who paid for some studio time, who probably legally owns some rights. And Blondie doesn't even touch that case, and I'm not the only person whos disappointed with him in this matter.
Keith and Ronnie have expressed their disappointment, too. They came to the studio and played for Blondie for free, and he lets the album "rot"... Not a smart move!

And "Between Us" is almost 5 years old now... Released early in 2006.
I have some studio mixes of stuff he recorded last autumn and this spring in NYC. Sounds promising. But I don't think he has a record deal, after the owner of Big Karma records passed away.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: September 4, 2010 20:58

I thought Between Us was released in august '06 ? I bought it from Blondie at the hotel in Nice, he had just been given the CDs.

It's a shame Fragile Thread is kept in a box. But maybe Blondie got fed up with all the hassles. In 2006 he was telling me he was still hoping to release it but that it was past stuff. I wonder if he and Bernard got co-writing credits for 'I don't think so' on the new Ronnie Wood.

Date: September 5, 2010 22:17

Well, the man doesn't always know his own good. I fixed him a deal with Universal Music, and all he had to do was to answer some questions and show up at a meeting.
But, no... Even Keith Lentin, the guy who produced it, is beginning to wonder what's going on. Why does he not even try to get Fragile Thread out? If they remove the awfully out of tune pan flute on one of the tracks (56 letters, perhaps?) - it's more than a decent album. And it features some of the best vocal work I've heard by Keith.
Blondie Chaplin - get your a*s into gear!

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: September 5, 2010 23:41

lol...you tell him Addicted, the guy is trying to make money on the back of his stones appearances, surely rather than these tenuous gigs which won't bring in a great amount, he could release Fragile Thread and thereby show some respect to Keith and Ron and make some serious money. Of course, I know nothing about what the ins and outs of all this could be, but it does seem strange...Christ on a bike, if I had recorded a album with Keith and ROn I wouldn't be able to hold on to it.....maybe it's gonna be Blondie's pension fund when everything else has dried up?

Date: September 6, 2010 16:20

Actually - he gets well paid in Norway with those tribute bands. And compared to what he could make in the States - it's another world, entirely! He sometimes makes more in a week in Norway than when he's playing with the Stones.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: September 6, 2010 17:42

Thanks for the news. "Between Us" is a great album which I love not only for the music but for the pristine sound as well. It's gotten a brilliant mastering job.

If the guy who paid for some studio time of "Fragile Thread" is the one blocking the album's release, that would be a crying shame because only albums that are released can earn some money. And the sooner the better as at the time, the music business landscape is ever changing. I'll buy it when it finally comes out.

But at the time, I'm even more interested in Blondie's follow-up album to "Between Us", in the new songs that were recorded last year. I have no idea on how much Blondie knows about the internet, but there are quite a few possibilities to release and promote a new CD without the help of a label. Maybe there is a chance
he will self-release his next album, to be sold through a website and at shows?
RIP to the owner of Big Karma Records - and thanks for the music.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-06 17:44 by billwebster.

Date: September 6, 2010 20:10

Don't think the guy who paid for some studio time is the problem...
Universal would like to release it. If Blondie can get to a meeting with them, they'll solve any problem that might occur.
It's brilliant that it's Universal, because the Stones are on the same label.
I've tried to explain the interrest to him, but he doesn't seem to be able to address it.

For him to release an album without the support of a record company is no good idea. He has no management, no agent - and is no business talent himself. His other brain half is better developed than the one dealing with figures, numbers and business.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1660
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home