Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: OT: Loverboy...any fans
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 26, 2010 00:22

oh, to your aesthetics now, beely? heavens....

a band like loverboy seems ripe for criticism, but in all honesty, it's clear that they have enlightened many a music fan in their time, so good for them. nobody's got any better taste than anyone else....

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: July 26, 2010 00:44

StonesTod

a band like loverboy seems ripe for criticism, but in all honesty, it's clear that they have enlightened many a music fan in their time, so good for them. nobody's got any better taste than anyone else....

gosh tod that post deeply offends my sense of aesthetics.
sad smiley

yer right it's all relative. aesthetically speaking...maybe it was that awful richard simmons dancing to the oldies headband the loveboy singer molested my vision with on those mtv vids...mybad.

tell u what. i'll drop "aesthetic" in relation to loverboy if youl'll drop "enlightened" ? fair deal man.
haw rock on Tod!
smiling smiley

i mean as a Canadian outfit they're at least not as hard to listen to as Geddy Lost. or whomever from rush. thank God for leonard Cohen and Joni Mitchell and Neil Young, the highest "aesthetic" (oops sorry) you'd expect from an artist. and Canada's gifts to the world. gordon lightfoot too. maybe i'm too hard on loverboy. they had hits. they made people dance. ok.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-26 00:47 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: stones77 ()
Date: July 26, 2010 00:54

are you saying if jagger sang that tune people would praise it on here?

...if you think Loverboy was bad, there's this other 80s Canadian band that was every bit as equally horrific as Loverboy, called Streetheart.

They butchered a Stones song, a disco version of 'Under my Thumb,' and actually made Top 40 with this garbage.

Cover your eyes and ears and get the vomit bucket ready; fair warning!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-26 01:02 by stones77.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 26, 2010 00:57

<Thank God for Joni Mitchell the highest "aesthetic" (oops sorry) you'd expect from an artist.> <Beelboy>

Your talking about that 3-J Trio ? Joni Mitchell, John mcLaughlin and Jaco Pastorius... Thank God, Spark of soul indeed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-26 01:03 by Amsterdamned.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 26, 2010 01:34

Beelyboy
StonesTod

gosh tod that post deeply offends my sense of aesthetics.
sad smiley

yer right it's all relative. aesthetically speaking...maybe it was that awful richard simmons dancing to the oldies headband the loveboy singer molested my vision with on those mtv vids...mybad.

tell u what. i'll drop "aesthetic" in relation to loverboy if youl'll drop "enlightened" ? fair deal man.
haw rock on Tod!
smiling smiley

i mean as a Canadian outfit they're at least not as hard to listen to as Geddy Lost. or whomever from rush. thank God for leonard Cohen and Joni Mitchell and Neil Young, the highest "aesthetic" (oops sorry) you'd expect from an artist. and Canada's gifts to the world. gordon lightfoot too. maybe i'm too hard on loverboy. they had hits. they made people dance. ok.

well, my taste would coincide with yours on this. but i would have no issue with a fan of loverboy who didn't like the stones or cohen or mitchell or young. there are no rights or wrongs here. i love ray conniff and les elgart, too, so sue me. if you like something, you don't have to explain it or defend it to anyone.

Posted by: mckalk ()
Date: July 26, 2010 09:02

I remember hearing Lady of the 80s on a CBS compilation album and thought they were interesting without knowing anything about them, but did not end up being a fan of their hits.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 27, 2010 00:38

keefriffhard4life
More Hot Rocks
Let's get back to how Loverboy sucks. Back in the 80's if you told someone you liked Loverboy you probabaly would of been pounded. There where a chicks band.

and when the stones first started you could hardly hear them playing over the screaming girls. wow most people in this thread who don't like loverboy have pretty much zero of an argument as to why they suck. if you dislike the music fine but to try and use album sales and chicks screaming as a way to say they are bad is pretty dumb

First of all there were plenty of guys at early Stones shows screamming too. So your point is invalid. And as to why Loverboy sucks

1) Lame bubble gum songs just shy of a TV commercial hook
2) No lead guitars
3) Vocals that sound like Justin Beiber
4) Over processed guitars
5) 80's drum machines on ALL their hits
6) Sythesizers as their main instrument
7) A lead singer that wore a head band and leg warmers
8) They were from western Canada
9) They used to open up for Billy Squire

......do I have to go on to why they suck

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 27, 2010 00:55

More Hot Rocks

8) They were from western Canada

......do I have to go on to why they suck

HEY!

I resemble that remark!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 27, 2010 00:59

Sorry Tre.....I was running out of reasons...

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1482
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home