Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Message to Addicted
Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: August 21, 2010 00:22

Addicted!

Can you email me please!

I think that you can help me out!

Re: Message to Addicted
Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: August 21, 2010 16:21

Here I am. What's the problem?
If it's about you wanting to meet Keith, you need his address etc - like others have asked for - I'm so sorry. That's not possible. If that's what you want, please get in touch with his manager.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 21, 2010 17:57

LOL Addicted, now that's what I call a cool answer

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: August 21, 2010 18:06

Addicted
If it's about you wanting to meet Keith, you need his address etc - like others have asked for - I'm so sorry. That's not possible. If that's what you want, please get in touch with his manager.

Isn't that you?

winking smiley

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: August 21, 2010 18:11

Addicted

Hi Addicted, I don't want any of those things, but if wouldn't mind passing along his credit card info, I would really appreciate it. Don't forget the code off the back!

Date: August 21, 2010 18:33

Ah, shit! You should see my mail box... People want to meet, greet, write to, send presents etc. I've had to change my mail address.
I'm not even sure he uses a credit card, Cindy! It's usually his body guard, Billy, who settles the hotel bills etc. But I promise you, should he ever hand me his credit card, I'll call you and run - before he comes to his senses... Ha ha.

Date: August 21, 2010 18:49

So sorry to disturb you GOD!!

I didnt mean to cause your anger, your Highness of contacts

It was none of those things that I was after your help! I have my own contacts!

You are most certanly wrong "person" to help. Sorry to bother you,I will light up a candle and hope for your forgivness and your blessing smileys with beer

Arrogant atittude and wrong judgement about my intentions about you emailing me!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-21 19:00 by Riffbuk.

Date: August 21, 2010 19:15

Riffbuk
So sorry to disturb you GOD!!

I didnt mean to cause your anger, your Highness of contacts

It was none of those things that I was after your help! I have my own contacts!

You are most certanly wrong "person" to help. Sorry to bother you,I will light up a candle and hope for your forgivness and your blessing smileys with beer

Arrogant atittude and wrong judgement about my intentions about you emailing me!
Not at all angry! Where did you get that from? I haven't asked for any help, so I can't be "most certainly wrong "person" to help."
Good luck with whatever you're trying to get help with... You should probably speak with Jane Rose, ok?

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 21, 2010 19:23

As long as we are talking about credit cards, can I ask a serious question here?

I am an American traveling to Europe in a couple of weeks, and I have heard that some Americans are experiencing problems using the magnetic strip cards we still have over here.
Apparently, some places in Europe will only accept chip cards.

Can anyone here offer some serious advice on this?

Date: August 21, 2010 19:26

Addicted!

It got nothing to do with Keith or any of your contacts!
Like I wrote before i also have mine, and I also dont give them away. I didnt even know that you have his contact (good for you)!

In due time you will see what I was asking for your colaborattion!
Maybe some other Stones fans will help, and I will contact them.
Once again, sorry to bother you!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 21, 2010 19:29

Edith Grove
As long as we are talking about credit cards, can I ask a serious question here?

I am an American traveling to Europe in a couple of weeks, and I have heard that some Americans are experiencing problems using the magnetic strip cards we still have over here.

Just get cash from an ATM, they have them everywhere in Europe.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 21, 2010 19:45

Addicted

Kind regards from Amsterdam

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-21 19:59 by Amsterdamned.

Date: August 21, 2010 19:52

Koen
Edith Grove

Just get cash from an ATM, they have them everywhere in Europe.

That sounds good for small purchases, but I would rather not carry around large amounts of cash for hotels bills, etc.

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: August 21, 2010 19:59

Edith:

I live in NJ. I was just in Italy (travelled to a number of different cities) and I didn't have any problems at all paying for restaurants, hotels, even a digital camera with my Visa card.

Personally, I would be uncomfortable carrying around a lot of Euros in my wallet.

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 21, 2010 20:02

misterfrias
Edith:

I live in NJ. I was just in Italy (travelled to a number of different cities) and I didn't have any problems at all paying for restaurants, hotels, even a digital camera with my Visa card.

Personally, I would be uncomfortable carrying around a lot of Euros in my wallet.

Same in Amsterdam.
Just wear a Stones T-shirt and you're OK. cool smiley

Date: August 21, 2010 20:10

misterfrias
Edith:

That's good to know.

I've heard that most problems occur at unmanned kiosks such as train ticket machines, fuel pumps, and at small shops or convenience stores where the clerk may not know how to process a magnetic-strip card.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 21, 2010 21:16

Edith Grove
I have heard that some Americans are experiencing problems using the magnetic strip cards we still have over here. Apparently, some places in Europe will only accept chip cards.

First of all, I can only speak for Holland. I am not a world traveler. Some things have changed here with credit cards. In the old days you showed your card and put your signature and it was OK. Nowadays credit card companies are working on the security. Yes, the chip on your credit card is more and more taking over the magnetic strip. You put your card in the machine and type your PIN code. I am already used to it. But there are still bars and restaurants who work with the signature. They don't have the machines yet. But I experience more and more that the PIN code, combined with the chip in your card is taking over. Maybe you should ask your credit card company.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: August 21, 2010 21:22

Addicted

Nasty attitude from this MoFo...

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 21, 2010 22:33

Edith Grove
I've heard that most problems occur at unmanned kiosks such as train ticket machines, fuel pumps, and at small shops or convenience stores where the clerk may not know how to process a magnetic-strip card.

That's when you need the cash from an ATM smiling smiley For hotels, restaurants, CCs are usually fine.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 22, 2010 07:26

Seriously, cut Addicted some slack. She made it clear she has been overwhelmed with PM's asking for contact info for Keith. Her initial response was just making sure it wasn't another request she couldn't handle. I don't think she was trying to be rude to anyone - just trying to not have another request she couldn't possibly meet.

Unlike me, Addicted isn't even a smart ass to people. She's nice and tries to share what she can. Riffbuk especially and anyone else who was put off by her, please try to see it from her point of view. It was an innocent remark.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 22, 2010 07:35

Rocky Dijon
Seriously, cut Addicted some slack. She made it clear she has been overwhelmed with PM's asking for contact info for Keith. Her initial response was just making sure it wasn't another request she couldn't handle. I don't think she was trying to be rude to anyone - just trying to not have another request she couldn't possibly meet.

Unlike me, Addicted isn't even a smart ass to people. She's nice and tries to share what she can. Riffbuk especially and anyone else who was put off by her, please try to see it from her point of view. It was an innocent remark.

Prime Ministers are trying to contact Keith?

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: August 22, 2010 07:57

Edith Grove
misterfrias
Edith:

That's good to know.

You should carry enough Euros to use the train ticket machines in the event they switched to the chip cards. The lines for the counter people are something to really avoid.

Date: August 22, 2010 08:03

MKjan
Edith Grove
misterfrias
Edith:

That's good to know.

You should carry enough Euros to use the train ticket machines in the event they switched to the chip cards. The lines for the counter people are something to really avoid.

Thanks! thumbs up

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: August 22, 2010 08:11

You welcome.
The machines are easy. Just choose English, and then it prompts you about date of travel, destination, times and connections if any, first or second class, payment etc. If its a eurostar train, you need to get a seat assignment as well, and for all trains you have to have your tix stamped at the little machines on the platform before boarding.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1764
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home