Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Seven Reasons Why The Stones Will Keep Rolling
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: May 15, 2011 20:59

21stcenturystones
easy "Rockman"? beat me over the head again when i repeat - "they'll tour and you'll get backing tracks, Blondie behind the curtain playing for Keith, and since this is "the last" chance to see them, you'll pay big $$$.

Yes, you will Rockman! Ticket prices are no problem for a crow, I just fly in and perch myself on the flag pole and enjoy the show!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 15, 2011 21:12

1. Wife's support, 2. Children's lifelong support, 3. Ex-wife's support, 4. Bastard children's support, 5. Girlfriend and mistresse's support, 6. Lifelong property support, 7. Lawyer's support.

Date: May 15, 2011 22:49

Stoneage
1. Wife's support, 2. Children's lifelong support, 3. Ex-wife's support, 4. Bastard children's support, 5. Girlfriend and mistresse's support, 6. Lifelong property support, 7. Lawyer's support.

So chalk another one up for it's only about the money?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 15, 2011 22:59

I'd like to think they would just for the mere fact that it's what they've always done. Having watched STONES IN EXILE and seeing that Keith was interviewed apart from Mick and Charlie does not mean anything other than they just weren't together for that bit.

It just doesn't seem like it's going to happen, not this year for sure, especially if you take Keith's "we're touring in July" bit of this year and understand that that is just not true as far as anyone knows and next year nobody knows at this point either. They just might be done with that part of what they do.

Date: May 15, 2011 23:59

skipstone
I'd like to think they would just for the mere fact that it's what they've always done. Having watched STONES IN EXILE and seeing that Keith was interviewed apart from Mick and Charlie does not mean anything other than they just weren't together for that bit.

It just doesn't seem like it's going to happen, not this year for sure, especially if you take Keith's "we're touring in July" bit of this year and understand that that is just not true as far as anyone knows and next year nobody knows at this point either. They just might be done with that part of what they do.

Ya mean it's not a "Done Deal" as ScareyMick or Mickscarey always says?

Date: May 16, 2011 00:04

HA HA!

He just doesn't say which one!

Date: May 16, 2011 00:21

skipstone
HA HA!

He just doesn't say which one!

As you well know I am as optimistic as anyone that something special is going to happen during the summer of 2012 regarding the Rolling Stones, however, there is no such thing as a "Done Deal" in life. They could have the best of intentions, sign all the paperwork, set all the dates, but if they stumble and fall while on their way to the arena then all that becomes meaningless. Now having said that it is my belief that it is their destiny to achieve their 50th anniversary as a band, however, tomorrow is promised to no one.

Date: May 16, 2011 01:07

And the 8th and final reason the Stones will keep rolling? I just have to be right about something in my life, just once, please!

Date: May 16, 2011 16:57

So far, officially, there is no Stones tour for 2012 or any time after that. So it doesn't matter.

Date: May 16, 2011 19:32

skipstone
So far, officially, there is no Stones tour for 2012 or any time after that. So it doesn't matter.

I am very much looking forward to May of 2012, until then, I might just take a little nap.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 17, 2011 00:13

One of the main reasons The Rolling Stones tour will again.."There love for R 'n' R"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-17 00:43 by colonial.

Posted by: R ()
Date: May 17, 2011 00:44

#1. $

#2. £

#3. $

#4. £

#5. $

#6. £ and....

#7. $

Date: May 25, 2011 03:53

Yes, and one additional reason why the Stones will keep rolling; REBELLION! You say they can't/won't? They will show you they can, and will!

Date: August 23, 2011 19:17

stonescrow
#1. PASSION: They absolutely love what they do.

#2. HISTORY: It defies logic to think that they would shut things down while at the doorstep to their historic 50th anniversary as a band. There is no way that door doesn't get kicked down!

#3. US: They love their fans! No way they are going to let us down!

#4. PROFESSIONAL PRIDE: Wan't to prove to the world they can still create great music and perform it at a high level.

#5. MONEY: Any tour involving the Stones is a guaranteed money maker.

#6. ADDICTION: They are hopelessly addicted to performing. Will only leave on stretchers.

#7. DESTINY: Couldn't quit if they wanted to, destiny would not allow it!

Never trust a sober watchman! The Stones are gonna roll in 2012 like a tank on steroids!

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: August 23, 2011 19:54

stonescrow
stonescrow

#2. HISTORY: It defies logic to think that they would shut things down while at the doorstep to their historic 50th anniversary as a band. There is no way that door doesn't get kicked down!

#4. PROFESSIONAL PRIDE: Wan't to prove to the world they can still create great music and perform it at a high level.

#6. ADDICTION: They are hopelessly addicted to performing. Will only leave on stretchers.

Never trust a sober watchman! The Stones are gonna roll in 2012 like a tank on steroids!

OK! I am heading to the liquor store right now! Maybe I will see things differently by nightfall?

Date: August 23, 2011 19:56

stonescrow
Yes, and one additional reason why the Stones will keep rolling; REBELLION! You say they can't/won't? They will show you they can, and will!

Now this one I can buy into!

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 23, 2011 21:08

this is a qoute from before the bigger bang tour-

"to be honest,i didn't think the stones should do another big tour.i was thinking of just 20 shows.there are all these festivals in the summer,lets do 10 gigs in america,then come to europe"-MICK JAGGER

thats probably what you'll get in 2012.they'll put out some material- re-issues, some old video and hopefully a new record and do a short tour.
it saves all the trouble of people being healthy,sponsors and months of planning and gearing up.
the mega -tour days may be over but the stones?not a chance.if anyone thinks mick is gonna dump the band because keith said something bad about him..you cannot be serious.
i know i posted something similar before.i think it was on one of the other 200 finished/not finished threads.

Q:you get the question evertime you announce a tour"is this the last time?"

MICK:"the first time i answered that was 1966,its on film"

Date: August 23, 2011 21:15

lem motlow
this is a qoute from before the bigger bang tour-

"to be honest,i didn't think the stones should do another big tour.i was thinking of just 20 shows.there are all these festivals in the summer,lets do 10 gigs in america,then come to europe"-MICK JAGGER

thats probably what you'll get in 2012.they'll put out some material- re-issues, some old video and hopefully a new record and do a short tour.
it saves all the trouble of people being healthy,sponsors and months of planning and gearing up.
the mega -tour days may be over but the stones?not a chance.if anyone thinks mick is gonna dump the band because keith said something bad about him..you cannot be serious.
i know i posted something similar before.i think it was on one of the other 200 finished/not finished threads.

Q:you get the question evertime you announce a tour"is this the last time?"

MICK:"the first time i answered that was 1966,its on film"

Absolutely. Don't need no more mega tours. Keep it short and sweet.

Posted by: brianwalker ()
Date: August 23, 2011 21:26

lem motlow

"to be honest,i didn't think the stones should do another big tour.
"

And that was before Keith told everyone that he had a small slong.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 23, 2011 23:41

I think if they tried to do a small tour, with the best intentions, they would be overwhelmed by the demand to see them across the world. We're reaching that point where they've been out of view long enough that the demand is pent up. They know the audience and money for a TV special concert aren't that great. People simply want to see them in the flesh. Maybe more nights in fewer places would work well for them, L.A., Chicago, New York/New Jersey, that new football joint in Dallas that they haven't played yet. Tokyo, London (of course), big places for multi-nights. Cut down on the travel and settle in for six nights. And of course, Buenos Aires.

Date: August 25, 2011 02:23

stonescrow
skipstone

I am very much looking forward to May of 2012, until then, I might just take a little nap.

Sounds like a plan. Happy dreams.

Re: Seven Reasons Why The Stoneees Will Keep Rolling
Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: August 25, 2011 08:43

they had better hurry up if they plan on going out in 2012. if it isnt in works now, forget about it.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 25, 2011 09:10

tomcat2006
Ridiculous that nobody would underwrite the tour after A Bigger Bang's success.

that was 4 years ago...and 5 next year...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: rumple21 ()
Date: August 25, 2011 14:03

a few song titles.

The Bigger Bang tour on the back of a disappointing album was probably the last time. One more try now seems unlikely - we all get old. It's true to say time waits for no one and time is no longer on their side. It's a wonder they had such a long career and so sad sad sad they're now out of time. There may be still life but it seems increasingly likely it's all over now. Although we'll miss you after so much good stuff as far a musics concerned, there ain't no use crying -- we'd be fools if we do.
Rumour has it the main Offender ain't losing his touch but with broken hands he's finally lost it. He can stop now please don't struggle and little by little slip away.
- what a drag it is getting old!

Date: September 9, 2011 05:09

stonescrow

A meeting in London?

Date: September 9, 2011 22:56

stonescrow

Add one more to the ever growing list, Mick's sporting his 'Tour Hair'.

Date: November 22, 2011 04:18

stonescrow

smoking smiley

Posted by: rogue ()
Date: November 22, 2011 05:05

Fascinating to see how this thread has evolved. At the beginning several post expressed doubts about a new 2012.

How does this stand now with rumors of jam sessions, etc?

I don't think much has changed. A tour is till in doubt because of the health of the band members and the financial crisis. Yeah things might be getting better but not everywhere and not when the tickets cost $150 USD for a seat at the back of the stadium. That's just a guess but we all know it ain't gonna be cheap.

Date: November 22, 2011 05:13

rogue
Fascinating to see how this thread has evolved. At the beginning several post expressed doubts about a new 2012.

I don't think much has changed. A tour is till in doubt because of the health of the band members and the financial crisis. Yeah things might be getting better but not everywhere and not when the tickets cost $150 USD for a seat at the back of the stadium. That's just a guess but we all know it ain't gonna be cheap.

They had one eye on 2012 since the end of the last tour. I actually thought they might get rolling sometime in 2011 and into 2012, however, Mick always gets it right. He was smart to wait until 2012. I actually think they might do more in 2013 than 2012, but they certainly are not going to let 2012 slip away without at least one live performance. The bottom line is that we get to enjoy them at least one more time. I can't wait! Should be fun to see what they come up with.

Posted by: rogue ()
Date: November 22, 2011 05:23

stonescrow
rogue

They had one eye on 2012 since the end of the last tour. I actually thought they might get rolling sometime in 2011 and into 2012, however, Mick always gets it
right. He was smart to wait until 2012. I actually think they might do more in
2013 than 2012, but they certainly are not going to let 2012 slip away without at
least one live performance. The bottom line is that we get to enjoy them at
least one more time. I can't wait! Should be fun to see what they come up
with.

They usually tour the US first and then Europe. But if there is a tour I really think it will be summer in gigs in London, Europe and then the States. It will be over by this time next year.

No need for a new album. They are releasing vaulted recordings right now. Play the warhorses and the latest overruns from the vaults and you have tour with "new" songs that have never been played before.

I know they use stadiums and there are sport seasons to deal with but there are enough major NFL cities with away game weekends that would like to fill stadiums and basketball would not start until November. They could also use baseball stadiums late into the October.

I don't think we'll see the same kind of Vegas tour.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1215
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home