Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Stones - X members?
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: July 19, 2010 14:33

It would be great to see both Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor walk on stage together and join the other Stones at one of their next concerts..even better still at a few concerts..well they would certainly get one of those standing ovations that seem to go for ever..ya know the ones I mean.But at the same time very emotional as well.

Im trying to think of any former band members that have made a guest appearence on stage with their old band.Have you been to a concert where that has happened and what was it like..?

Re: The Stones - X members?
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 19, 2010 14:42

Would be fun thogh, but I don't think Mick Jagger is waiting on a standing ovations for two member that left the band.

Date: July 19, 2010 15:18

NICOS
Would be fun thogh, but I don't think Mick Jagger is waiting on a standing ovations for two member that left the band.
NICOS..well..I think you would be quite surpised to see Micks passionate reaction along with Keiths..Charlies and Ronnies..if Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor made a guest appearance..smoking smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 19, 2010 19:13

Me, too. Especially after Taylor's overdub on "Plundered My Soul" resulted in his name coming last in the credits after Mick, Keith, Bill, Charlie, AND Nicky Hopkins. I don't think you'll see a passionate reaction for a guest appearance. Bear in mind a few years back when Taylor nearly made a guest appearance onstage with the band, the song he was offered wasn't "Can't You Hear Me Knocking?" which was part of the setlist on that tour, but "Rock Me, Baby." The same song reserved for Angus & Malcolm Young and Johnny Lang. Ex-bandmate rates generic blues cover. Ex-bandmate who returns to finish outtake rates last place in credits after sidemen. Yeah, I think Mick is dying to see these two back onstage with them. I know, I know an announcement is forthcoming and I'll be eating my words.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 19, 2010 19:20

I would like to think Mick doesn't harbour any petty resentments for lil Mick or Bill.

Keith on the other hand...

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: July 20, 2010 12:43

I remember Michael Schenker joining the Scorpions on stage in Southampton 1980, we thought he was a roadie.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: July 20, 2010 15:16

Bill thinks he's a X member, but he's always a Rolling Stone!, the Old Stone!drinking smiley

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: July 20, 2010 16:31

There will be NO tour with X members.
Only (boring) option is a final stadium tour with the ususal war horses,
"more back-up playing" by the backing band.
And huge ticket prices because finaly they will announce that this will be The Last Time tour.

Mr.Fancyman

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: July 20, 2010 16:50

I remember Izzy Stradlin joining Guns 'n' Roses again
when Gilby Clarke broke his arm, ca. 1993.
He also did some shows with Axl Rose's new band (which
by some strange coincidence is also called Guns 'n' Roses).

N

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: July 20, 2010 21:13

I remember seeing Bad Company in 2002 and Mick Ralphs guested with them for a few songs. Although he has rejoined them since.

Thought of another one. Bon Jovi's original bassist rejoined them for one song at Giants stadium in 2001.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 20, 2010 21:36

Don't quote me on this, but didn't Joe Perry leave Aerosmith for awhile in the early 80's?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 20, 2010 21:38

Yes, he did. All kinds of bands have old members back. In the case of the Stones, if by chance they tour again, the most we could expect was a guest shot on a single song (probably a cover). The days of Kansas 1981 are long gone.

Date: July 26, 2010 14:56

mrfancyman
There will be NO tour with X members.
Only (boring) option is a final stadium tour with the ususal war horses,
"more back-up playing" by the backing band.
And huge ticket prices because finaly they will announce that this will be The Last Time tour.

Mr.Fancyman
<And huge ticket prices because finally they will announce that this will be the Last Time tour>

mrfancyman..I honestly dont think Mick would announce that its their last Tour even if he knew in his own mind that it will be.I just think he couldnt bring himself around to saying it and the other Stones would feel the same and theres probably other reasons as well but that would be the main one..and you can understand how it would feel for him or anyone to say something like that it would be quite emotional after all the things theyve been through for the last 50 years.I think his way of telling the world that its the last time The Rolling Stones will tour would be to have Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor made a guest appearence..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2087
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home