Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Good deal on Rolling Stone Bobble Head Dolls
Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: July 6, 2010 03:01

Hope someone is interested ,

[cgi.ebay.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-06 03:06 by boston2006.

Re: Good deal on Rolling Stone Bobble Head Dolls
Posted by: peter ()
Date: July 6, 2010 08:04

These 'bobbleheads' are very cool...and done well...but few fans bought them for $100 for the set during the tour..so they sold them off to liquidators after the tour & there must have been 100 sets offered on eBay the next week...I bought mine for $35 but $50 is fair...but no more I would think....peter

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: July 6, 2010 23:14

is there a mick taylor one?

mick j. would make a good barbie. that purple jumpsuit. tiny cock big balls. fun.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-06 23:14 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 7, 2010 00:22

My favorite bobble heads are my Katherine Hepburn and Pope John Paul II.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 7, 2010 01:11

How exactly do 'Good deal' and 'Rolling Stone Bobble Head Dolls' fit together correctly in a sentence?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 7, 2010 04:08

treaclefingers
How exactly do 'Good deal' and 'Rolling Stone Bobble Head Dolls' fit together correctly in a sentence?

Not to mention the words "very cool" and 'done well'.

What on earth gets into Stones fans to spend money on this shite and encourage this tacky kitsch-fest even further?

Date: July 7, 2010 04:08

Rocky Dijon

It took me a minute to get that one. You're a VERY bad man.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 7, 2010 09:33

Gazza
Rocky Dijon

Ooohhh.... I just 'got it', too!

It sounds like a Family Guy kinda joke!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 7, 2010 10:52

Big Al
Gazza
Rocky Dijon

Ooohhh.... I just 'got it', too!

It sounds like a Family Guy kinda joke!

You´re all mean! And bad!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 7, 2010 15:08

You're all very welcome.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 7, 2010 15:37

Rocky Dijon
You're all very welcome.

I just thank the Lord there are those out there who appreciate a bit of black humour! Keep 'em coming if you know anymore! grinning smiley

Posted by: susannewortmann ()
Date: July 7, 2010 15:41

I saw some grown up "men" on their last tour actually debating about buying this on a merchandise stall outside the venue.....it was hilarious! This stuff sucks! Cd's, DVD's and books! That's it!

Date: July 7, 2010 15:56

susannewortmann
I saw some grown up "men" on their last tour actually debating about buying this on a merchandise stall outside the venue.....it was hilarious! This stuff sucks! Cd's, DVD's and books! That's it!

Agree totally. We should boycott this bloody overpriced rubbish.

Are the Stones a band or a fecking offshoot of Disney?

Easy money to be made on this crap - if anything it gives them an easy and profitable alternative to releasing MUSIC.

Posted by: bolexman ()
Date: July 7, 2010 16:06

susannewortmann

You forgot vinyl, for starters. My own opinion is that if something like a bobble head toy brings another person happiness, thats good! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Date: July 7, 2010 16:14

re: susannewortmann and Gazza

For me it is all personal taste. I don't collect bobble-heads, but I do collect other Stones memorabilia and I can understand why someone would want some merchandise they think is cool... But I do understand what you are saying, about crass materialism and all that... How much do I understand? Well, I have never been to a Stones concert because I refused to pay the ticket prices they wanted during their last two tours to Australia, so I never got ANYWHERE NEAR the merchandise stand at the concert, hahaha... I remember telling people "$150+ for a gig is not rock'n'roll". But that was my own personal decision and I don't begrudge others who pay for that. There are worse things in life to spend your money on

Date: July 7, 2010 17:49

I respect your opinion. Like you said, its all about personal taste. Like yourself, I've my own personal 'ceiling' for prices to a musical event (and the top priced tickets for a Stones gig exceed it by some distance).

I'm partial to a bit of memorabilia myself, but its usually musical or video-related. I'm still trying to figure out the connection with dolls, monster trucks, Halloween masks and the like, however!

I think its the belief that the Stones and their organisation seem to devote more effort into this kind of overpriced guff (especially on their official sites) than anything connected with the band's music or legacy that grates the most.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-07 18:32 by Gazza.

Date: July 7, 2010 17:55

Hahaha. Yes.... monster trucks. Hmmmm,

I'm am hypocrite in a sense, because whilst I boycott gigs if they are highly priced, I frequently work at some music festivals that command very high ticket prices (and I get to enjoy them for free as an employee there). The most I have ever paid for a single concert was the recent AC/DC Black Ice tour, here in their hometown of Melbourne, and it was worth it. But maybe it was just as expensive as The Stones shows...?

Posted by: susannewortmann ()
Date: July 8, 2010 16:32

No disrespect to anyone. Grown up men who buy Bobble heads disrespect themselves! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1696
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home