Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

when the Stones went to France did Stu go at all?
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 11, 2010 20:22

oh I know this has been discussed before, here, but I'll put it out again...on EOMS it would seem that Stu's tracks were from London, prior to them going to France...anyway, did he involve himself in any way with the rest of the recording for Exile? was he ever at Nellcote? he seems to have sat this one out, kind of..
just wondering. I know Nicky was the piano player, still it seems that Stu would have been around for the band.

Re: when the Stones went to France did Stu go at all?
Posted by: michel ()
Date: July 11, 2010 20:50

I believe there is a pickture with stu, driving in the mobile truck at nellcote,
I am quite shure he drove it from england to france

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: July 11, 2010 21:17

yeah, I 've seen a photo with Stu driving the truck, so he was there for some of the time and there are photos of him in the cellar.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: July 12, 2010 00:18

i belive theres a photo of him sitting at a piano there as well can't picture him living in france though

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 12, 2010 00:23

Stu didn't need to become a tax exile. His earnings did not warrant it. He traveled around the world with the Stones as an employee for hire.

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: July 12, 2010 04:29

This is the only copy of a photo I could find, but Stu is third from the left, next to Keith, who is fourth from left. Rockman or someone I'm sure has a better copy, or other photos of Stu at Nellcote.

I don't know how much recording he did, but he was definitely there at least some of the time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1891
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home