Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: POLL: Holland - Spain...Finally we made itthumbs up What do you think?
Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: July 9, 2010 14:45

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 9, 2010 15:05

yahozna
71Tele
The Netherlands is the only country to go from a republic to a monarchy(?)
I dunno. But I certainly wouldn't mind if we would abolish this stupid institute called monarchy. Puppet theater if you ask me.....
We also have the strange situation that our government does not reside in the capital (capital Amsterdam, government and parliament in The Hague).

71Tele
Is the term "Holland" for The Netherlands technically incorrect, and do Dutch people mind the term?
Well, technically it's certainly incorrect, see: [en.wikipedia.org].

People from outside the North and South Holland provinces used to mind it a lot but in my experience most people can't be bothered anymore.....

Back on-topic: I'm a pessimist so my prediction Spain - Netherlands 2-0

Tele, The Netherlands themselves (or Holland, but we use that name mostly in other countries, here we simply say: Nederland) never have chosen for the Orange monarchy. It has been imposed on us by the countries (allies) who defeated Napoleon. It was a reaction to the French bourgeois revolution. After defeating France the restaurative (read: aristocratic) powers in Europe tried to rule again as if nothing had happened. But that didn't last long. In the Netherlands the monarchy is in fact a Fremdkörper (we always were a Republic of United Provinces), but the Orange monarchy has remained, also after the bourgeois liberals had gained power and a parliamentary democracy had been installed. Since long the Orange monarchy has no formal political power, although the king (queen) is formally part of the Government. But the cabinet (especially the prime minister (primus inter pares) is responsible for all public actions of the royal house. Many people prefer a republic, back to our origins, but the average Dutchman/-woman doesn't really care and is happy with the royal family (until they see how many millions of euros they cost: only the English royal family is more expensive in Europe, but the UK is also much larger etc. than our little country.

So when Oranje plays, you have to think of the times before the monarchy and think of William of Orange, whose nickname is William the Silent (in that respect he certainly wasn't Dutch!).

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 9, 2010 21:03

Rolling Hansie
shortfatfanny

and I think SilverDagger and Rolling Hansie deserve some

Make that some beers and I'm your man smiling smiley

Well allright...

Cheers...

Silver Dagger
Man, I'm on my way over. Keep those beers cold. Next time the Stones play in London we're all going to meet up. OK?

Great idea,I´d really like to...

Date: July 9, 2010 21:22

shortfatfanny
Rolling Hansie
shortfatfanny

and I think SilverDagger and Rolling Hansie deserve some

Make that some beers and I'm your man smiling smiley

Well allright...

Cheers...

Silver Dagger
Man, I'm on my way over. Keep those beers cold. Next time the Stones play in London we're all going to meet up. OK?

Great idea,I´d really like to...

Well, if Taylor is in the band too I'll certainly be there as well. After a couple of beers SFF might even be able to step over his pride and apologize as yet, which an sich will be a good reason to have another couple of beers etc. etc. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 9, 2010 22:15

kleermaker
shortfatfanny
Rolling Hansie
shortfatfanny

Im buying the 1st round.....HAVE A DRINK ON ME

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-09 22:53 by Max'sKansasCity.

Re: POLL: Holland - Spain...Finally we made it - What do you think?
Posted by: Redstone5 ()
Date: July 9, 2010 23:04

I hope SPAIN will win.

Spain is different !!!!!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 10, 2010 01:14

kleermaker

Well, if Taylor is in the band too I'll certainly be there as well. After a couple of beers SFF might even be able to step over his pride and apologize as yet, which an sich will be a good reason to have another couple of beers etc. etc. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out.

In case we could fool kleermaker with faking to know MT is going to show up and play with the Stones I seriously will think over to apologize for not knowing what for while getting the first round by Max in vuvuzela replica style bottles...smileys with beer

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: July 10, 2010 01:29

kleermaker
yahozna
71Tele
The Netherlands is the only country to go from a republic to a monarchy(?)
I dunno. But I certainly wouldn't mind if we would abolish this stupid institute called monarchy. Puppet theater if you ask me.....
We also have the strange situation that our government does not reside in the capital (capital Amsterdam, government and parliament in The Hague).

71Tele
Is the term "Holland" for The Netherlands technically incorrect, and do Dutch people mind the term?
Well, technically it's certainly incorrect, see: [en.wikipedia.org].

People from outside the North and South Holland provinces used to mind it a lot but in my experience most people can't be bothered anymore.....

Back on-topic: I'm a pessimist so my prediction Spain - Netherlands 2-0

Tele, The Netherlands themselves (or Holland, but we use that name mostly in other countries, here we simply say: Nederland) never have chosen for the Orange monarchy. It has been imposed on us by the countries (allies) who defeated Napoleon. It was a reaction to the French bourgeois revolution. After defeating France the restaurative (read: aristocratic) powers in Europe tried to rule again as if nothing had happened. But that didn't last long. In the Netherlands the monarchy is in fact a Fremdkörper (we always were a Republic of United Provinces), but the Orange monarchy has remained, also after the bourgeois liberals had gained power and a parliamentary democracy had been installed. Since long the Orange monarchy has no formal political power, although the king (queen) is formally part of the Government. But the cabinet (especially the prime minister (primus inter pares) is responsible for all public actions of the royal house. Many people prefer a republic, back to our origins, but the average Dutchman/-woman doesn't really care and is happy with the royal family (until they see how many millions of euros they cost: only the English royal family is more expensive in Europe, but the UK is also much larger etc. than our little country.

So when Oranje plays, you have to think of the times before the monarchy and think of William of Orange, whose nickname is William the Silent (in that respect he certainly wasn't Dutch!).

Yeah everybody knows the monarchy is bs, but at least we don't have to put up with it in the U.S. I work with an Irishman, and the guy hates the oranje because they abused Ireland. I says let it go. He says he hopes Espana wins 6-0.
I thought - these old country people sure know how to hold a grudge.tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: July 10, 2010 02:57

71Tele
Is the term "Holland" for The Netherlands technically incorrect
Yes.
71Tele
and do Dutch people mind the term?
Some do.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 10, 2010 05:45

FreeBird
71Tele
Is the term "Holland" for The Netherlands technically incorrect
Yes.
71Tele
and do Dutch people mind the term?
Some do.
Thanks for that info, I did not know.

Date: July 11, 2010 01:27

Congratulation Germans!!!
and Uruguayos for this great tournament, de corazón!!!

We, ESPAÑA, we´ll at the PROMISE LAND, at the Soccer Stadium in hours,
The difference between Holland and Spain? EASY, we are going to celebrate as well if we loose, because we are finalist, for the first time, of course we´d love to win this championship, but the happiness being here it´s superb and grateful!!!
We are going to be VERY happy, drunk and proud of these players, it´s the best team and the best players so far during these 10 years, you have to see stadistics, how many titles Xavi, Casillas, Pujol, Iniesta, Xavi Alonso, Torres, Capdevilla, Silva,Reina etc, almost 90% have won continental titles and local leagues, that´s amazing, beside that Spain has an style of playing, probably inherited for those players in the past so amazing, Cardeñosa, Iribar, Butragueño, Michel, Gallego, Juanito, Del Bosque, Pirri, Luis Suarez, Raúl, Santillana, Julio Salinas, Luis Enrique, Amancio, Sanchís, Luis Aragonés, Gento, etc, so many many.
Spain deserves this title, so Holland, but you´ll see Spain will win very easy if the first ball come soon, so those people critize about Spain no goal, just in every match one-nil, you´ll see, I have to remind you, Spain is the National team with more goal in the last 10 years all over the planet in Official competitions and Fair Games.
The Game between Germans and Spaniards was magnificent, that touch of movimg the ball, the tempo, deffending the other team so incredible, possesion of the ball, shoots, etc.
THe PROMISE LAND, is Soccer City Stadium, as used to be for Elvis, we never have played in this stadium, Holland never lost a game in this competition, same as Portugal in the 16 official games, always scoring in the last 9, Chile idem and idem, Paraguay as well, and finally Germany for most pf you the best one, and at the end they surrender to us.
Cruyff and other holland eminences has said if Spain has the ball is done, and Spain is gonna have it, Holland doesn´t have those players.
So Congratulations hollanders being in the Final, and
VAaaaaaaamoooooooooossss España y ESPAÑOLES OVER HERE who has been supporting these players!!!
VAaaaaaamoossssss!!!
Carlitos
And Heeyy!! A good premonition Paul open the German box, and they won today!! Lots of great player will be at the FINAL as PAU GASOL and I believe NADAL, if he is there we´LL WiN NO DOUBT VAMOS LAKERS!!!

[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 11, 2010 01:30

Date: July 11, 2010 01:32

VIVA ESPAÑAAAAAAA HOLANDESES!!!

Date: July 11, 2010 01:34

Date: July 11, 2010 01:36

I´d love magic INIESTA OR XAVI best players in the world, and VILLA best scorer!!!

Posted by: RiverStone ()
Date: July 11, 2010 01:37

I guess Holland deserves to be Champions of the World ¡¡
Long time ago. By History, great football ¡¡

So I go for Netherlands ¡¡¡
winking smiley
Martín.

Date: July 11, 2010 01:46

Same as Spain amigo, I know what you feel, I remember Germany 74´best team was Holland, Germany was great, Holland had all those incredible generation and what happen?
We have been following this dream long time ago, love your style and people, and we are kinda friends like with Germans, because the Holland tourism, etc.
But Paul just said it, and tomorrow we´ll eat it!!!!!
Vaaaamos España!!!
Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: July 11, 2010 02:30

Good luck - but soccer is one boring game

Posted by: RiverStone ()
Date: July 11, 2010 02:38

I have nothing against Spain, but talking about futbol History, Holland deserves the world cuo more than Spain...
But, this is Futbol. So It doesn't mather who's deserves to win. The one who makes the goal is the winnerwinking smiley

Good luck for tomorrow ¡¡

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: July 11, 2010 02:40

I prefer smoke over drink, therefore I'm going with The Netherlands.

Date: July 11, 2010 02:49

score would be cool if it were 9-8

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 11, 2010 02:52

Thanks mickscarey for backing up Holland

Date: July 11, 2010 02:57

cool. best of luck

Posted by: Arena1981 ()
Date: July 11, 2010 05:13

Has it been announced yet as to which colors each team will wear??

TIA

HUP HOLLAND

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 11, 2010 05:30

RiverStone
I have nothing against Spain, but talking about futbol History, Holland deserves the world cuo more than Spain...
But, this is Futbol. So It doesn't mather who's deserves to win. The one who makes the goal is the winnerwinking smiley

Good luck for tomorrow ¡¡

futbol eye rolling smiley

pull ya pants up and get off my lawn!

Date: July 11, 2010 16:27

Arena1981

TIA

HUP HOLLAND

Yep, it has: Holland playing totally in orange and Spain in (dark) blue.

Date: July 11, 2010 16:32

Vaaaaamos ESpañaaaaaaaaaaa, going to siesta and after that don´t know what time will be here,
See you and good luck Holandeses!!
Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 11, 2010 16:55

kleermaker
Arena1981

TIA

HUP HOLLAND

Yep, it has: Holland playing totally in orange and Spain in (dark) blue.

Here we come..............................................in Orange from top to bottom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-11 17:05 by NICOS.

Date: July 11, 2010 17:02

Naranjito eat all the oranges!!!

Date: July 11, 2010 17:06

And you know what I have same Good VIBRATIONS as Germany!!!
VAAAAAMOSSSSSSS ESPAÑAAAA!!
Carlitos
Tenerife

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2075
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home