Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

More FACES news!
Posted by: DaisyGrace ()
Date: June 2, 2010 04:08

The Faces are the subject of a book from Genesis Publications. Mac, Woody, and Kenney are closely involved in the project and have provided information from their own archives.

Read more about this project: [www.genesis-publications.com]

Faces, 1969-75
The first book created by the Faces – an illustrated account of their meteoric rise from 1969 to 1975, including rare photography, personal memorabilia, and first-hand stories from the group's members.

Published as a signed limited edition with a special foreword by Slash, each finely printed book will be craftsman bound, numbered and – as a mark of authenticity and approval – signed by Ronnie Wood, Ian McLagan and Kenney Jones.

Re: More FACES news!
Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: June 2, 2010 07:06

Wonder why there is a foreword by Slash?? Izzy Stradlin was the big Woody fan of the band!!(but I guess he aint as famous)

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: June 2, 2010 08:35

not too thrilled about this, I would love to see a regular biography written by Mac, "All The Rage" is brilliant. There's enough of this limited edition BS already, and Slash isn't very "Faces", but hey, it's business and you need household names to sell it.

Date: June 2, 2010 10:23

scottkeef
Wonder why there is a foreword by Slash?? Izzy Stradlin was the big Woody fan of the band!!(but I guess he aint as famous)

Slash practically grew up in London round Ronnie's house. They are great friends. And, of course, Slash is a great Ronnie fan as well smiling smiley

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: June 2, 2010 15:16

Thought Slash moved to LA with his Mom at ten or eleven so didnt know that...........

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 2, 2010 17:10

DandelionPowderman
scottkeef

Slash practically grew up in London round Ronnie's house. They are great friends. And, of course, Slash is a great Ronnie fan as well smiling smiley

'Slash' was born and bought up in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. He emigrated to the U.S. with his family when he was about 10. I suppose it's possible that he met Ronnie whilst a child in L.A. - but London?

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: June 2, 2010 18:11

So far, the best book on the Faces is Last Orders Please by Jim Melly. Jim was one of the Faces roadies. His boss was Chuch who at that time worked for the Faces... Basically, after Ian Stewart died, Chuch came over to the Stones to run things as stage manager; Chuch was also a great drum tech guy to Charlie.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-03 03:03 by Carnaby.

Date: June 2, 2010 18:22

Big Al
DandelionPowderman
scottkeef

'Slash' was born and bought up in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. He emigrated to the U.S. with his family when he was about 10. I suppose it's possible that he met Ronnie whilst a child in L.A. - but London?

Sorry, my bad. LA it is.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: June 2, 2010 18:30

Slash sort of strikes me as a weird choice, friend or not. Paul Weller should have been the one.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: June 2, 2010 23:42

Check out this bile from a critic about them not having Rod sing. And check out Ian McLagan's response in the comments section. Get in there Ian - DON'T TAKE ANY SHIT!! LET'S ROCK BAYBEE!!!!!!!

UK Telegraph

Dear Neil, Would you please spell my name correctly when you pan our show at Goodwood. And though I play many sessions, I’m not a session man, I write, perform, and produce my own records which are released under my name, which apparently you didn’t have time to check. The Faces are going to surprise you, Thanks Ian McLagan, Austin TX

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 2, 2010 23:47

mac's name has been misspelled on album liner notes more than once. i wonder if mac has written to the folks responsible for those misspellings, too.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: June 3, 2010 00:42

Carnaby
So far, the best book on the Faces is Last Orders Plaease by Jim Melly. Jim was one of the Faces roadies. His boss was Chuch who at that time worked for the Faces... Basically, after Ian Stewart died, Chuch came over to the Stones to run things as stage manager; Chuch was also a great drum tech guy to Charlie.

That sounds interesting. Ever read the 1976 book Rod Stewart and the changing Faces by John Pidgeon? That's a good one.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 3, 2010 02:45

In other news, Gladys Knight & The Pips will be touring without Gladys Knight and also without some of the Pips.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: June 5, 2010 13:31

Welcome to the nostalgia market, see also Hole, Smashing Pumpkins.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: June 5, 2010 13:44

I don't like to piss on anyones chips, but Ronnie didn't get together with Slash until they were both gigging musicians, some of the shit that people dream up in here is amazing...and we wonder where ridiculous rumours comes from

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 5, 2010 19:37

Genesis is really reaching. In the beginning, their photo books featured photographs taken by brilliant photographers (like Michael Cooper's Blinds and Shutters, Tarle's Exile). Now, they gather snapshots that some artist happens to be lying around, reproduce them on very expensive stock, get it signed and call it a "work of art". No thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1215
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home