Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Ron wood to rehearse with Faces
Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: February 19, 2010 05:38

Mac told me today that he is rehearsing with Woody on March 14th and 15th with Mark Huknall on Vocals for some dates in UK...No word on US yet..Although there is talk of Chris Robinson with them in US

Re: Ron wood to rehearse with Faces
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 19, 2010 05:50

Chris Robinson with them?!!! Well that would be a great fit, but I highly doubt it. He is currently working hard and touring hard with the Crowes.

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: February 19, 2010 05:56

evidently there is some management issues..someone doesnt want Chris because of (of all things)Drug issues....Thats what i was told...

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 19, 2010 06:21

Why don't they have Kat be the lead singereye popping smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: February 19, 2010 07:11

Ha! Drug issues! that is a scream from a group of functioning alcoholics. From what I know Chris is mostly just into the ganja.

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: February 19, 2010 07:33

Weave it !
-jED

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 19, 2010 07:37

I would see the faces with Chris.

Date: February 19, 2010 07:38

bump!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-19 07:39 by whitem8.

Date: February 19, 2010 07:39

Yup i would see them with Chris in a heartbeat! Great singer! And very influenced by The Faces. The crowes have covered The Faces before, and do a nice version of Mrs. Judy's Farm.

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: February 19, 2010 10:49

Both Chris and Mick Hucknall could do the job very well,mind you I thought Bernard did a great Stay With Me on Ronnies Slide on Live, so there is plenty of skope for a few ''Faces '' gigs or indeed album, could use all three on an album , see who goes down best with fans

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: February 19, 2010 11:59

Chris Robinson would definitely be the man for the job. PaulRodgers might be an option.

Posted by: kingkirby ()
Date: February 19, 2010 12:28

No Mick Hucknall please!

Date: February 19, 2010 12:42

Mick Hucknall has a good voice, but not the right man for the job. He isn't a rocker!

Date: February 19, 2010 13:23

Hucknall sang like a god on the reunion show. In all honesty, Roderick isn't a rocker anymore either, is he? winking smiley

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: February 19, 2010 13:25

Mick Hucknall is more than capable of filling Rods shoes.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Date: February 19, 2010 15:51

Can't deny Mick H has a great voice, but for me too 'clean' sounding for the Faces - also wonder whether he would serve the material faithfully or feel the need to do lots of vocal gymnastics to show just what a great voice he has.

Mind you, this is probably just a personal hang-up of mine - I've always been mildy annoyed by him - dunno why, something to do with his stage presence I think...

Date: February 19, 2010 16:01

Date: February 19, 2010 17:17

*cough*cough* OK forget I said anything - he's pretty damn good there, isn't he...

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: February 19, 2010 17:27

WTF is Rod Stewart doing that he can't play on this tour? Stewart has really lost his fastball.

Hey Rod,keep making those karoake albums for ladies with blue hair.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 19, 2010 17:30

whitem8
Chris Robinson with them?!!! Well that would be a great fit, but I highly doubt it. He is currently working hard and touring hard with the Crowes.

wouldn't surprise me if he took a bit of time to sing with these guys - he's done similar stuff with phil lesh. a faces "tour" of the US woulnd't likely consist of more than a few dates anyway...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 19, 2010 17:36

Faces without Rod Stewart is a joke.

Date: February 19, 2010 17:49

71Tele

i have no prob if these guys wanna play together, but to try to SELL it as the Faces is definitely a scam....

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: February 19, 2010 17:54

Ron sounds good here. Maybe a tad stiff but this is 1st show w this band in years. He needs to go another amp though.

Go Dawgs!

Date: February 19, 2010 17:56

Ron Wood was as much or more the faces than rod. Imagine them trying to do this w/out him? Not possible. Who was the second guitar player? Not bill but the other guy on the clip playing the strat?

Go Dawgs!

Date: February 19, 2010 18:26

StonesTod
71Tele

i have no prob if these guys wanna play together, but to try to SELL it as the Faces is definitely a scam....

Exactly. I loved Faces, and loved Ron in Faces, but to have a second-rate singer replace the most well-known member of the band and pass it off as a Faces "reunion" is pathetic.

Date: February 19, 2010 18:50

I think we forget that the band was more about Ronnie lane and Ron wood than Rod Stewart. Sell it as the Faces, who cares. Rod obviously doesn't care about his old band that MADE him. So why should we care if it is the Faces or not? Rod was the voice but the band was the goods.

Go Dawgs!

Date: February 19, 2010 18:52

nankerphlege
Rod obviously doesn't care about his old band that MADE him.

revisionist history. rod's solo career was always far more successful than his association with the faces. rod made the faces, not the other way around.

Date: February 19, 2010 19:14

StonesTod
nankerphlege

revisionist history. rod's solo career was always far more successful than his association with the faces. rod made the faces, not the other way around.

The solo records of Rod Stewart with Ron Wood on them were better than the Faces records at the same time. The record company spent more on them and promoted them better. I think if anything Ron Wood - and I am not a big fan of his in the Stones - has been under-appreciated for, it's his contributions to those great Rod Stewart tracks as arranger, guitarist, bassist, and sometimes co-writer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-19 19:15 by 71Tele.

Date: February 19, 2010 19:29

71Tele
StonesTod
nankerphlege

The solo records of Rod Stewart with Ron Wood on them were better than the Faces records at the same time. The record company spent more on them and promoted them better. I think if anything Ron Wood - and I am not a big fan of his in the Stones - has been under-appreciated for, it's his contributions to those great Rod Stewart tracks as arranger, guitarist, bassist, and sometimes co-writer.

fair enough and reasonable points, but to say the Faces "made" Rod is just patently false...

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 19, 2010 20:04

Keefy
evidently there is some management issues..someone doesnt want Chris because of (of all things)Drug issues....Thats what i was told...

Further proof the world's gone crazy! The number two party band ever worried about drugs?!?!

"No Anchovies, Please"

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1795
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home