Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
6 Rare & Unreleased STONES songs in GREAT sound quality - 60's to UNDERCOVER
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: June 29, 2010 04:49

Some rare one's for appreciating IORR friends (I know, some have had them on boots since forever - and you know I'm so very impressed by that - truely am. If you don't have them hope they bring you a little happiness. Helter
PS Never heard "cleaner "versions, do you agree? (not all of us have time to hunt down bootlegs so this is the next best thing)

GET YOURSELF TOGETHER

DRIFT AWAY (was suppose to be on the album IORR but they took it off)

ANDREW'S BLUES (Not C-Sucker Blues but maybe it's younger cousin)
WARNING -LOADED WITH PROFANITY (for those that care)

CLAUDINE (Outtake off of the EMOTIONAL RESCUE album - worried about a law suit)

GET A LINE ON YOU (much early version - rockin'much harder)

THINK I'M GOING MAD (Not on CD, only B-side of single)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-29 04:52 by HelterSkelter.

Re: 6 Rare & Finished Unreleased STONES songs in GREAT sound quality - 60's to UNDERCOVER
Posted by: Tate ()
Date: June 29, 2010 04:57

Helter, for the 2nd time in a week you've posted stuff that just made my day. Thanks!

Re: 6 Rare & Unreleased STONES songs in GREAT sound quality - 60's to UNDERCOVER
Date: June 29, 2010 05:06

Thanks for the kind words Tate - hope I find a few more soon

Re: 6 Rare & Unreleased STONES songs in GREAT sound quality - 60's to UNDERCOVER
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 29, 2010 05:20

Great selection, Helter.
It would take loads of time to locate all the song on the hard disk...
it's theme time.

go ahead.

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: June 29, 2010 06:12

HelterSkelter
Some rare one's for appreciating IORR friends (I know, some have had them on boots since forever - and you know I'm so very impressed by that - truely am. If you don't have them hope they bring you a little happiness. Helter
PS Never heard "cleaner "versions, do you agree? (not all of us have time to hunt down bootlegs so this is the next best thing)

Does anyone know what the lawsuit over this song was?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 29, 2010 06:23

HelterSkelter

GET YOURSELF TOGETHER

DRIFT AWAY (was suppose to be on the album IORR but they took it off)

ANDREW'S BLUES (Not C-Sucker Blues but maybe it's younger cousin)
WARNING -LOADED WITH PROFANITY (for those that care)

GET A LINE ON YOU (much early version - rockin'much harder)

THINK I'M GOING MAD (Not on CD, only B-side of single)

Thanks for posting these! Sure, I knew of their existence but I do not have them, so this is great. Why the hell didn't they put this version of "Shine A Light" on the recent Exile release? Doesn't sound like Taylor on slide. Can you tell me when "Think I'm Going Mad" is from?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 29, 2010 07:01

Think I'm Going Mad is a Emotional Rescue leftover. Another great example of how the Stones are total dumbasses for not putting a great track on an album...

Date: June 29, 2010 07:47

Isn't THINK I'M GOING MAD the B-side of the SHE WAS HOT single? Like Skip said probably recorded before UNDERCOVER during the ER sessions.... (I have the single but man all my vinyl is so deep in storage you need oxygen masks and high powered lights to even get close....)

Date: June 29, 2010 07:57

Lawsuit over CLAUDIA I think would have been because in court it was determined the shooting/killing was an accident. That's not how the song views it exactly......

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 29, 2010 08:12

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ajc68 ()
Date: June 29, 2010 09:19

HelterSkelter
Isn't THINK I'M GOING MAD the B-side of the SHE WAS HOT single? Like Skip said probably recorded before UNDERCOVER during the ER sessions.... (I have the single but man all my vinyl is so deep in storage you need oxygen masks and high powered lights to even get close....)

The bootlegged version is from the EM outtakes. The B-side is a touched-up version which imho isn't as good as the bootlegged version.

Posted by: psustoned ()
Date: June 29, 2010 09:44

I'm blown away from Drift Away...that should've been an album cut like Ain't too Proud to Beg or Just my Imagination...I think its the best of the three.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: June 29, 2010 09:55

But isn't Drift Away running a bit to fast???

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: June 29, 2010 10:31

71Tele
Thanks for posting these! Sure, I knew of their existence but I do not have them, so this is great. Why the hell didn't they put this version of "Shine A Light" on the recent Exile release? Doesn't sound like Taylor on slide.

Great post - thanks! Does anyone have any insight to Tele's observation above that it doesn't sound like Mick Taylor on slide? I'm curious! (loved "Get a Line on You")

- swiss

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: June 29, 2010 11:36

Great songs!

Get A Line On You is from a Leon Russell session with Mick Jagger, Olympic autumn 1969.
Ringo Starr or Charlie on drums, unidentified slide player.
It was released in 1994 as a bonus track on a gold-CD edition of Leon´s 1st(?) album.
Since then it´s on a number of Stones bootlegs...

[aeppli.ch]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-29 11:50 by rootsman.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: June 29, 2010 11:47

drift away is running too fast , i made that video but deleted it and made a better mix but some one on youtube seems to of made a copy of it and posted it

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-30 07:45 by ghostryder13.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 29, 2010 15:48

claudine is such a great track .cant the glimmers put another name on this track and officaly release it ?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 29, 2010 16:57

....may someone post Keith's acoustic version of 'Wanna hold you' ?

Many Thanks

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 29, 2010 17:58

The Greek
claudine is such a great track .cant the glimmers put another name on this track and officaly release it ?

when we play the karaoke version at my place we ALWAYS sing it as "pauline' lest the sheriff is listening....

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 29, 2010 18:05

StonesTod
The Greek

when we play the karaoke version at my place we ALWAYS sing it as "pauline' lest the sheriff is listening....
thank you . now we can have a offical version of this track .love this song .

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 29, 2010 18:31

Pauline might work, but what about Spider? They'd have to change more than names. It really needs a new lyric to avoid legal trouble.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 29, 2010 18:36

HelterSkelter

The version posted is the bootleg version, from 1979 (5:37)

The 'She was hot' b-side is shorter (4:11) and has a different (jazzier) saxophone part by David Sanborn, added in 1983.

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: June 29, 2010 18:36

swiss
71Tele
Thanks for posting these! Sure, I knew of their existence but I do not have them, so this is great. Why the hell didn't they put this version of "Shine A Light" on the recent Exile release? Doesn't sound like Taylor on slide.

Great post - thanks! Does anyone have any insight to Tele's observation above that it doesn't sound like Mick Taylor on slide? I'm curious! (loved "Get a Line on You")

- swiss

definitely not mick t , sounds a bit like a keith practice , you wouldn't hire
a slide player and be happy with that, really .
but, as mick says at the end, quite nice , that

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 29, 2010 19:09

Rocky Dijon
Pauline might work, but what about Spider?

spider ain't talkin' about it anymo'

Date: June 30, 2010 03:44

The ladies at Macy's are staring at the LUMP IN MY BUMP !!!

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: June 30, 2010 04:16

Well I've whined about it before but will do so again - "Get A Line On You" should really have been on the new bonus disc - it's just a really great alternate version!!

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: June 30, 2010 04:28

Thanks Helter, Have not heard most of these since I lost my bootleg collection in 89. Got some old memories flying into the brain now

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: July 1, 2010 00:32

Blueranger
But isn't Drift Away running a bit to fast???

Doesn't matter... bad song anyways! ;-)

O, how I hate that song.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 1, 2010 00:38

MAN!!! this one is great

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

&color1=0xb1b1b1

Posted by: slew ()
Date: July 1, 2010 16:15

A classic example of WHY DON'T the Stones add outtakes and alternate versions on the countless remastering/record label changes? They miss the boat on this. Hopefullt the success of the Exile project will light a spark!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2246
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home