Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith Richards in the new RollingStone ; " rumors of my sobriety are greatly exaggerated,”
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: March 4, 2010 21:43

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-04 14:02 by UrbanSteel.

Re: Keith Richards in the new RollingStone ; " rumors of my sobriety are greatly exaggerated,”
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 4, 2010 21:45

almost as lame as "good to be anywhere" - he needs a new script writer....

Re: Keith Richards in the new RollingStone ; " rumors of my sobriety are greatly exaggerated,”
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 4, 2010 21:49

"can't go around there in lemon yellow tights forever"

no thats been true for some time now..
what else can't you do...
or better, what can you do...

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 4, 2010 21:52

Has anyone actually read the actual issue yet? They keep promising more info so I'm curious when we'll actually know the names of the 10 tracks that are on the bonus disc.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 4, 2010 21:56

If not stadium tour anymore, maybe they then will do a shorter tour ala "No Security" - fx 3 Madison conserts, 3 in san Fransico area, 3 O2 London conserts combined with some other 20.000 venues in cities like Paris, Berlin and Madrid.

Posted by: turd ()
Date: March 4, 2010 21:57

Thanks Keith, we don't need a world tour when we have a rehashed 28 year old album with 10 dodgy outakes to look forward to.

So you can stick your 'lemmon yellow tights' back in the drawer, get back on the whisky bottle and carry on winding up your loyal fanbase with stupid one liners and false promises about 'new albums' and 'roadwork'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-04 22:00 by turd.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 4, 2010 22:02

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: March 4, 2010 22:39

turd
Thanks Keith, we don't need a world tour when we have a rehashed 28 year old album with 10 dodgy outakes to look forward to.

So you can stick your 'lemmon yellow tights' back in the drawer, get back on the whisky bottle and carry on winding up your loyal fanbase with stupid one liners and false promises about 'new albums' and 'roadwork'.

err that's a 38 yr old album. Man you just lost 10 yrs can i borrow you time machine?

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 4, 2010 22:45

No, Nick, no. The negativity must only be directed at Mick and Keith or else you can't tell that it's a Stones fan board.

Likewise, no matter how pleased you are when you wake up in the morning, imagine how much better you would feel if you had Taylor's member instead of your own. Nothing else compares.

Date: March 5, 2010 03:53

turd

wow! they're putting out a Still Life re-release with xtra live trax too! hopefully they include Chantilly Lace or one of the rare performances of Angie from the European leg of that tour! maybe the deluxe issue of this release will include replicas of said yellow tights cool smiley

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: March 5, 2010 05:21

mtaylor
If not stadium tour anymore, maybe they then will do a shorter tour ala "No Security" - fx 3 Madison conserts, 3 in san Fransico area, 3 O2 London conserts combined with some other 20.000 venues in cities like Paris, Berlin and Madrid.

Sounds good as I am in the SF bay area!!!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 5, 2010 05:29

No Expectations
mtaylor

Sounds good as I am in the SF bay area!!!

Wait a minute, what about L.A.? Everything happens here, after all, we are the center of the universe!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 5, 2010 06:50

T&A

In all fairness, I don't think he was trying to come up with a catch phrase he was just answering the question and the magazine tried to make it into a big quote

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 5, 2010 07:20

My sobriety is also greatly overerated smileys with beer

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 5, 2010 12:34

The idea of playing multiple arena shows in major cities was first circulated after BtB tour and we're still waiting to see if that ever happens.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 5, 2010 17:27

T&A

Yeah. Mark Twain sucks.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: March 5, 2010 17:39

For me this enforces the feeling I;ve had for a year or two - they're done touring, and I seriously doubt there will be anymoer full albums from them. I can't put my finger on it, just a vibe I get the more I read things that Keith says.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 5, 2010 19:00

Hopefully this quashes anymore stupid whining threads about "I thought the Stones were gonna tour this year" and all that lot.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 5, 2010 19:12

imho the way k addresses the point of stones touring is the most important news in years

if only we could rely on his quotes...

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: March 5, 2010 20:57

Too many people on here that just criticise and @#$%& moan. Keith Richards and the Stones have given us more than most other musicians....they've produced music that is amazing - changed the face of modern music, they've given us tour after tour...with some legendary shows...they've given us myths and legends....these guys are now in their 60's and some of you are giving them a hard time over what they say in interviews or at shows.For you to be on here in the first place you must like the band - so why the hell slag them off, they've paid their dues. As far as I'm concerned they deserve to do and say what the @#$%& they like and if I were them I'd laugh at you @#$%& moaning wannabes

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 5, 2010 21:17

crumbling_mice
Too many people on here that just criticise and @#$%& moan.

i didn't realize there was a limit. i'd like to be first in line when the cut is made, ok? i've been whining as long or longer than anyone else and i think i've paid my dues on this, so i appreciate your consideration of my application and request...

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 5, 2010 22:57

----

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-05 23:02 by ryanpow.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1753
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home