Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: KEITH RICHARDS JOINS RONNIE WOOD IN NEW FACES
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 22, 2010 16:22

Ah! Under the picture of Keith!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 22, 2010 16:36

loog droog
If it's true, too bad.

This was Ronnie's chance to get out from under Keith's boot and be his own man.

I agree. The Faces were/are RONNIE'S band. The New Barbarians were SUPPOSED to be Ronnie's band, too. Keith invited HIMSELF along on that tour. When Mick toured solo, Keith said, "If he tours without me, I'll cut his throat", but when Ronnie tries to tour it's, "If he tours without me .... well .... he WON'T tour without me! That's all there is to it!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-23 02:09 by tatters.

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: June 22, 2010 16:40

Sounds like Keith is trying to get some playing time before the next Stones tour.

Date: June 22, 2010 16:43

The idea of Keith making guest appearances at "Faces" concerts that aren't really even Faces concerts to begin with is ridiculous. How is it still a Faces concert with two and a half Rolling Stones onstage?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 22, 2010 16:43

Ha ha - what next Stones tour?

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: June 22, 2010 16:47

tatters
The idea of Keith making guest appearances at "Faces" concerts that aren't really even Faces concerts to begin with is ridiculous. How is it still a Faces concert with two and a half Rolling Stones onstage?
You should get a rubix cube if you're that bored.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 22, 2010 16:52

Brue
tatters
You should get a rubix cube if you're that bored.

Brue ... you took the words right out of my mouth. I'll split the cost of a rubix cube with you and we can send it to tatters as a present; the poor sod is obviously in need of something to relieve the boredom - as you say ! What an idiotic comment.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 22, 2010 17:16

tatters
Who cares what they call it,if they go out there and put on a good show.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: June 22, 2010 20:03

Well I liked the New Barbs and in retrospect it's probably better the tour isnt remembered for superstar guest shots (rather shots of dope and coke). The flaws that plagued the NBs (voices shot, looseness slipping into sloppiness) were addressed for Wood's 1992-93 tours, with Bernard Fowler, McLagan, etc. Slide On Live especially with the two bonus tracks recorded in the mid 90s, holds up surprisingly well.

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: June 22, 2010 20:20

Thats some good news man!! Almost worth going to the UK to see that gig, or where was it?

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: June 22, 2010 22:20

then if darryl replaces glen johnny rotten comes in on vokes and it's the Sex Faces reunion tour with very special guests be there.
or...
if blondie replaces darryl on bass because blondie has always hated secretly hated darryl then it's the Sex Beach Face Pistols think about it. it would sell out in idaho and if idaho likes it well, need i say more...

then if bill replaces blondie because blondies not really a face or a pistol or a beach boy or even a allmans brother then if charlie spells kenny for awhile and mick comes in on second guitar and taylor comes in for ronnie and we get the @#$%& rolling stones well alright...

Keith to play with Faces..
Posted by: mattty973 ()
Date: June 22, 2010 21:18

Re: Keith to play with Faces..
Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: June 22, 2010 21:25

scroll down. thread in capital letters.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 22, 2010 21:30

Faces?!?With Mick Hucknall & Glen Matlock and without Rod & Ronnie Lane!!??Naaah...Keef is ready to bump in the studio with his old friends!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 22, 2010 21:37

Date: June 23, 2010 01:53

sweetcharmedlife
tatters

It would be a good show, but they should drop the ludicrous pretense that this is somehow a Faces reunion and just call it what it is: The Newer Barbarians. It wasn't gonna be the Faces to begin with. Not without Rod Stewart, Ronnie Lane, or even Tetsu. Add Keith to the mix, and it ceases to have ANYTHING to do with the Faces, and instead becomes a Rolling Stones spin-off project.

In other reunion news, Gladys Knight and the Pips will be touring without Gladys Knight, and without some of the Pips, however, DIANA ROSS will be joining them, making surprise guest appearances in selected cities!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 23, 2010 02:06

tatters
sweetcharmedlife
tatters

It would be a good show, but they should drop the ludicrous pretense that this is somehow a Faces reunion and just call it what it is: The Newer Barbarians. It wasn't gonna be the Faces to begin with. Not without Rod Stewart, Ronnie Lane, or even Tetsu. Add Keith to the mix, and it ceases to have ANYTHING to do with the Faces, and instead becomes a Rolling Stones spin-off project.
IIn other reunion news, Gladys Knight and the Pips will be touring without Gladys Knight, and without some of the Pips, however, DIANA ROSS will be joining them, making surprise guest appearances in selected cities!

It's just MUSIC ... does it matter what it's called or how it's billed ? Chill out will you. If you like it, go. If you don't, stay home. But don't get so hung up on the irrelevant.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: June 23, 2010 02:19

paulywaul
tatters
sweetcharmedlife
tatters

IIn other reunion news, Gladys Knight and the Pips will be touring without Gladys Knight, and without some of the Pips, however, DIANA ROSS will be joining them, making surprise guest appearances in selected cities!

It's just MUSIC ... does it matter what it's called or how it's billed ? Chill out will you. If you like it, go. If you don't, stay home. But don't get so hung up on the irrelevant.
You tell em Pauly. I wish I could get over there for Goodwood like the other poster was saying. Don't have a passport, but I could certainly get one. To all the sad people who don't think it's a good idea to rock out with your cock out - Slash? Keef? Who's next?? They're probably lining up right now. A major tour, like six months? You know it's gonna get even better. It has to.

I'd like to dedicate this song to all the Face haters. Hollywood Bitch STP this'll take you back to Zeppelin days.

You're taking pictures of what you'll never be
you'll never know because you never had it
it's all the say-hay-hayme

star life
turn on the switch
hollywood bitch

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 23, 2010 02:19

I agree, some people are sounding like the Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons about stuff like this!

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: June 23, 2010 02:33

jamesfdouglas
I agree, some people are sounding like the Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons about stuff like this!

WORST POST, EVER!!!

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 23, 2010 02:46

Well I said from the first, I am the worst kind of poster for you to be around.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: June 23, 2010 03:02

jamesfdouglas
Well I said from the first, I am the worst kind of poster for you to be around.

Did you even "get" my joke? Comic Book Guy is always saying "Worst [fill in the blank] ever!" (sigh)

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 23, 2010 03:09

Tatters, perhaps this would make for a better reading for Comic Book Store Guy:

Worst. Post. Ever.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1978
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home