Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Let's Spend The Night Together Movie on iTunes
Posted by: pablorkcz ()
Date: June 18, 2010 03:46

I don't know if this has been posted here yet, I did a search and couldn't find the topic, but I thought I'd post just in case. The Rolling Stones: Lets Spend The Night Together concert movie is now available to rent and purchase on US iTunes and also, I believe, on US Amazon as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-18 04:01 by pablorkcz.

Re: Let's Spend The Night Together Movie on iTunes
Posted by: pablorkcz ()
Date: June 18, 2010 05:35

So I just watched this movie for the first time ever. A few thoughts.

First, it was way better than I was expecting. I give it thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up. I lived in Phoenix at the time of the concert filmed at at Sun Devil stadium but it was before I was really into the Stones (hey, I was only 11 years old) and I really remember how excited the city was (or at least the radio stations were) about the big stadium show.

Second, its interesting how differently concert movies, and movies in general are edited differently these days. Quicker cuts seem to be the contemporary method used for shorter, modern attention spans. It was nice to see the camera linger a little longer on its subject(s).

Third, I hope they eventually release this on Blu-Ray with a nice surround track.

And finally, Keith had pretty good veins for being an ex-junky at the time. In fact, they all looked pretty good on stage.

Any way, I can't wait till Ladies And Gentlemen comes out later this year.

thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 18, 2010 06:15

.........I just caught the last half of it on TV tonight....I gotta say......you could still see the brilliance....nice to see it after so many years...Miss You was smoking...Beast, Just My Imagination..

Posted by: akgameboy ()
Date: June 18, 2010 06:50

Beast of Burden is outstanding in the movie.

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: June 18, 2010 07:20

they should've cut out some songs instead of butchering them with those horrible edits, then it would be great. I hope they release a version with complete setlist and songs as they were played. Or perhaps just the Sun Devil concert as a "regular" DVD.

Date: June 18, 2010 10:56

What bothers me the most with this movie is that the songs are speeded up. And of course, the awful editing. Still, a great movie, imo.

Posted by: squando ()
Date: June 18, 2010 11:05

Can get the regular dvd of it for $9.99 at any JB HiFi store in Oz. Bought one three weeks ago plus the remaster of Hyde Park for 16 krakaroos.

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: June 18, 2010 11:38

I happened to look at stones movies on the UK itunes a few days ago and I didn't see this movie...so I hope it appears soon. I've been thinking about buying the dvd, but an itunes download would be great.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-18 12:11 by WeLoveYou.

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: June 18, 2010 16:59

Wouldn't it be great to see a Blu-Ray loaded up with extras of this plus an expanded Still Life next year to mark the 30th anniversary of the tour?

Won't hold my breatheye rolling smiley

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: June 18, 2010 17:53

akgameboy

Yes, but the second refrain is edited; you can hear the complete version on "Ride like the Wind", in the right tempo, too. On "Let's Spend ... " it is up-speeded.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 18, 2010 18:03

Is the Itunes version at the correct speed?

C

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: June 18, 2010 20:08

cbtaco19
Wouldn't it be great to see a Blu-Ray loaded up with extras of this plus an expanded Still Life next year to mark the 30th anniversary of the tour?

Won't hold my breatheye rolling smiley

oh yes for sure
and please a 16:9 widescreen picture !
fed up with these ridiculous 4:3 pictures

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 18, 2010 22:28

I've always loved Under My Thumb from this movie, especially when Mick leers at the camera. It would have been cool if they'd released that as a video single!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 19, 2010 01:23

skipstone
I've always loved Under My Thumb from this movie, especially when Mick leers at the camera. It would have been cool if they'd released that as a video single!

Agree, I think that version of the song is killer, and would have been great as a single off the Still Life release.

Date: June 19, 2010 04:44

RobertJohnson
akgameboy

Yes, but the second refrain is edited; you can hear the complete version on "Ride like the Wind", in the right tempo, too. On "Let's Spend ... " it is up-speeded.

Yeah, I have the whole Tempe show downloaded. One of their best stadium shows.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 19, 2010 06:48

Mick was on fire...the Keith poses begin to get bigger...but the chops are still there.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 19, 2010 07:39

I was at the Phoenix show and it was great. Imagine my disappointment when I saw the chopped-up and sped up film of it. This film was a real letdown from the previous live footage in Gimme Shelter and L&G. My impression is that Hal Ashby really didn't give a fvck. The Stones come out ok despite the film. They played really well that day. I remember being especially pleasantly surprised by Bill's forceful playing.

Date: June 19, 2010 08:14

RobertJohnson
akgameboy

Beast of Burden on Ride Like the Wind is from the Chicago show and is not as hot as the Tempe show.

71Tele, I envy you haha.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: June 19, 2010 08:25

>My impression is that Hal Ashby really didn't give a fvck.

Au contraire, if anything he gave too much of a "fvck" -- the experience almost killed him! Read Biskind's book if you're really interested.

Ashby also directed the Hampton film; in my dream world it would be included as disk 2 in a deluxe LSTNT dvd. I suspect I'm repeating myself...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 19, 2010 09:16

Glam Descendant
>My impression is that Hal Ashby really didn't give a fvck.

Au contraire, if anything he gave too much of a "fvck" -- the experience almost killed him! Read Biskind's book if you're really interested.

Ashby also directed the Hampton film; in my dream world it would be included as disk 2 in a deluxe LSTNT dvd. I suspect I'm repeating myself...

Take your word for it...Still think it was sloppily edited and a big letdown from the previous two films with live footage.

Date: June 19, 2010 10:58

akgameboy
RobertJohnson
akgameboy

Beast of Burden on Ride Like the Wind is from the Chicago show and is not as hot as the Tempe show.

71Tele, I envy you haha.

There are different versions of BOB on "Ride like the Wind" if I remember right. I will see later today and search my hard disc.

Date: June 21, 2010 13:15

Done. There are obviously different versions of "Ride like the Wind". You seems to have the one-disk-version. The BOB-version there is from Chicago, you're right. I've got the four-disc-version from Rattle Snake. The BOB-version in question is on disc one. Slower than the edited version in the motion picture and complete with the second refrain and complete solos. RJ.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2576
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home