Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

MISSING EXLIE TRACKS
Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: January 6, 2010 23:41

Hi guys,with the stones coming out with deluxe EXILE they should include these tracks
1) let it loose ( instrumental)
2) sweet black angel (instrumental)
3) all down the line (acoutic take)
4) i don't know the reason why (blues)
5) highway child (rocky)
6) i ain't lying (beaty no)
7) good time women (rocker)
all these tracks can be produced in digtal with the good sound plus the the 3 tracks they have would make a good cd and diffrent version of the songs of exile. I hope we get good DELUXE OF EXILE FOR THE FANS SHOULD BE A 2CDS AND DVD PLUS A NICE BOOKLET TO GO WITH NOT MORE THAN £15.00. This would be a good treat for the fans. LONG LIVE ROCK-ROLL. GUYS KEEP ON ROCKING.

Re: MISSING EXLIE TRACKS
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: January 6, 2010 23:43

a good cd for us but not for average Stones listeners.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 6, 2010 23:46

What you're looking for is here!

The Rolling Stones
"Get A line On You"

Exile On Main Street Outtakes

VGP-109 (silver CD)

Track Listing

01. Exile On Main Street Blues
02. Shine A Light
03. Loving Cup
04. Shake Your Hips
05. Sweet Virginia
06. Good Time Woman
07. Stop Breaking Down
08. Let It Loose
09. Sweet Black Angel
10. All Down The Line
11. Ain't Gonna Lie
12. I Don't Know The Reason Why
13. Highway Child
14. I Don't Care

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 6, 2010 23:47

What is 'rocky' and 'beaty no' confused smiley

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 6, 2010 23:50

But there is no 'should include' because it's already done. And nobody knows what it is except for the 'including 3' tracks.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: January 6, 2010 23:51

I always thought all the stuff they recorded for Exile made it onto the album. Exile was kind of like Tattoo You in that they used up some stuff from the vaults.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 6, 2010 23:57

Seemingly the tracks they recorded and finished for Exile made it on the album as well as Sticky Fingers sessions tracks and tracks worked on prior to Sticky Fingers. Perhaps what Don Was did was find multiple takes of whatever unreleased unfinished tracks, flew some things around and voila! Finished tracks! BONUS MATERIAL! And maybe that's what we're going to get when it comes out in '012.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 7, 2010 00:41

Instrumental tracks are not interesting to anyone except us psychos...I think three brand new tracks, plus EOMS Blues, Good Time Women, acoustic All Down The Line from The Greatest Album In The History Of The World would make my 2010.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 7, 2010 00:51

Exile On Main Street Blues is a nothing track. Cant see what there is to get excited about. Likewise with backing tracks. Surely our expectations and standards should be a bit higher than that?

Heilobaas and skipstone are right. Theres a bit of a 'Tattoo You' aspect to 'Exile' in that they overdubbed stuff on to a lot of leftover material.

So, there's probably not a lot of songs which were finished but remain unreleased. It was a double album after all which was released just a year after their previous record.

Personally I'm quite pleased that theyve unearthed three songs which are not only unreleased in any form but which have never even been circulated (and in 2 cases, not even rumoured). The NME story yesterday mentions something like 'numerous' unreleased songs 'including' these three. I doubt we'll get many (or any) more than those three but I'd be very confident we'll get several alternate versions of the songs that were released. And I'd be quite delighted with that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1646
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home