Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Scorpio 6 CD release -
Posted by: kees ()
Date: June 12, 2010 22:55

Scorpio very recently released 'the genuine Black box 1961-74' with 144 songs on it. Discontinued singles, rarities and unpuslished sources. Whatever that may be....

Anybody aware of the actual content of this release? I will check this afternoon in Tokyo whether I can find it in one of the bootleg shops and report accordingly.

Re: Scorpio 6 CD release -
Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: June 12, 2010 22:58

I heard about it just yesterday from "someone with ties to the business" so to speak. Supposed to be getting one laid on me so I'll let everyone here know if I find out exactly whats on it.........

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 13, 2010 00:18

"Scorpio" but it's NOT the East Coast guy who brought dozens of unreleased wonders over the years... (incl. the great "Time Trip" series) it's a bunch of sharks who hijacked the name and repackage well-known stuff "ad nauseum".

I may be wrong but if there's one new song on this box, I'll be quite surprised...

Date: June 13, 2010 01:14

Are you sure it is not the genuine Scorpio label? According to Collectors review it is.

Date: June 13, 2010 01:37

I was told theres alot of the same material but still enough upgrades and a few new rarities to bring in the customers(but I cant swear to it) Also heard this was gonna be distributed out of Japan ( but again its second hand info!)

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 13, 2010 01:47

BANG.........

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-13 01:51 by Rockman.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 13, 2010 01:49

dcba
"Scorpio" but it's NOT the East Coast guy who brought dozens of unreleased wonders over the years... (incl. the great "Time Trip" series) it's a bunch of sharks who hijacked the name and repackage well-known stuff "ad nauseum".

I may be wrong but if there's one new song on this box, I'll be quite surprised...

THAT scorpio went out of biz years ago, i thought, right?

Date: June 13, 2010 02:13

Apparently yes, but according to CR they rose up from the death....
One of my favorite releases is their LZ rehearsals/outtakes box (10 CD's or so)

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 13, 2010 02:16

scorpio should sue the fake scorpio for ruining it's good name...oh, wait...

Date: June 13, 2010 02:23

"THAT scorpio went out of biz years ago, i thought, right?"

yeah I thought too... Fed up with cheap Italian knock-offs, and probably not enjoying the "danger" of it all after being caught by the fuzz... but IF he's back with stuff leaked from the Stones vaults... eye popping smiley

Date: June 13, 2010 02:25

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-07 01:56 by dcba.

Date: June 13, 2010 02:38

Well, I'll be able to enjoy it w/o laying out the scratch so I aint gonna look a gift horse in the mouth!! LOL

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 13, 2010 03:00

Well....the "new" Scorpio did give us "Key To The Highway" a couple of years ago - so there IS hope that there'll be something of interest on that 6CD box.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 13, 2010 04:44

I doubt that this is real "scottish" product...and its strange that no tracklist is mentioned at CMR, not even some outstanding tracks...although the fact that 6 CDs of material from the Jones-Taylor eras make me extremely curious.

Date: June 13, 2010 10:13

No new Stones Scorpio release in the shops in Tokyo this afternoon.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: June 13, 2010 10:58

The cover reminds me of the first German singles; tracklist so far here:

[6101.teacup.com]

Date: June 13, 2010 12:06

"Well....the "new" Scorpio did give us "Key To The Highway" a couple of years ago"

I may be wrong but wasn't the "old" US-based one who gave us KTTH?

The "new" (Japan based?) Scorpio "gave" us the awful Bob Dylan Genuine Bootleg Series vol.IV eye rolling smiley (the 1st three on the US Scorpio were exc.)

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 13, 2010 12:13

dcba
"Well....the "new" Scorpio did give us "Key To The Highway" a couple of years ago"

I may be wrong but wasn't the "old" US-based one who gave us KTTH?

The "new" (Japan based?) Scorpio "gave" us the awful Bob Dylan Genuine Bootleg Series vol.IV eye rolling smiley (the 1st three on the US Scorpio were exc.)

Could be that you are right, I don't know when the *real Scorpio* went out of business, but "Time Trip 5" was released only 3 years ago.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 13, 2010 15:32

Rank Stranger

[6101.teacup.com]

So far I see nothing new except On Our Way To School and Johnny B. Goode (probably Little Boy Blue home recordings), and I doubt that Let It Rock is te long-fabled studio version. Looks like the same old, same old, but if there are major quality upgrades (= closer to the master tape), I would not hesitate to get it. Only time will tell...awaiting detailed reports.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-13 16:27 by alimente.

Posted by: tomcat 6 ()
Date: June 13, 2010 20:14

The reason you won't find it in Japan is that it is the real Scorpio label who are putting this box set out.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: June 13, 2010 23:12

alimente
Rank Stranger

[6101.teacup.com]

So far I see nothing new except On Our Way To School and Johnny B. Goode (probably Little Boy Blue home recordings), and I doubt that Let It Rock is te long-fabled studio version. Looks like the same old, same old, but if there are major quality upgrades (= closer to the master tape), I would not hesitate to get it. Only time will tell...awaiting detailed reports.

Agree, nothing new, just another rerelease of the well known songs. But maybe it is a possibility to get all these songs in concentrated form (without having to have dozens of different bootlegs).

Date: June 14, 2010 14:28

So at least it is the real Scorpio releasing it, that was confirmed in Japan too.

Tons of other interesting material still released in Japan though. Lots of gigs from the 70 and early 80-ties in Japan released and other interesting stuff.

I bought myself:

Cream - Dallas 68 in excellent aud. quality - the Mid Valley release with t-shirt
MSG - 1980 studio rehearsals + 1980 US gig in excell soundboard 2CD
long wanted Led Z - A'dam 72 by Tarantura
Pink Floyd - Sweden '70 in excell quality - Sigma label
Derek and the Domino's + BB King Cicinatti 70 by Mid Valley
Rainbow - Hhiroshima 78 - Tarantura by Mr Peach
Black sabath - Tokyo 1980
official release: Judas Priest Britisch Steel 30 year comm. set incl. live DVD with 30 songs

and on CD-R (but in excell. sound) for only $20,- Clapton/Winwood, the gig in Belgium which I visited two weeks ago....

Date: June 14, 2010 15:38

"it is the real Scorpio label who are putting this box set out"

I doubt this claim is true. The genuine Scorpio always got the word out on the street that something BIG was about to come (the Dylan GBS or the lovely "66 Live" Zim box).
An annoucement at the laughable site CMR does qualify as "big" for me...

A good portion of Zep titles on the fake Scorpio was just unlistenable : the tapes had been "amplified" and EQ so much it was a disaster... confused smiley

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: June 14, 2010 23:57

Hey dcba, just curious (and I have no vested interest here one way or the other): what do you find laughable about CMR ? I find it quite useful.

Date: June 15, 2010 00:19

I find it usable too, except they are not much critical towards all these SODD Stones titles. But their judgement on sound I always appreciate

Posted by: tomcat 6 ()
Date: June 15, 2010 10:13

This is 100% genuine Scorpio....where does dcba suggest we go for our boot information...the even more laughable Hot Wacks site :-)

Posted by: gsparaco ()
Date: June 21, 2010 23:13

I'm glad someone is defending me here. I post what I'm able to find out about any given title. If it's wrong, then I"m fed wrong information. I have a tracklising for this tile and I"ll post it on my site.

But far from trying to "drum up interest" in these titles, it's highly doubtful this set will be reviewed on CMR. As much as I would like to, I doubt I can afford it. And Scorpio do NOT support the site, so there is no vested interest.

I will suggest to dcba, who is so critical of my site CMR. If you can do a better job, then by all means write for us. I have no particular fetish in reviewing all of the Stones titles that come out each month.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-21 23:27 by gsparaco.

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: June 21, 2010 23:29

Said it before bit it bears repeating: I really enjoy the site, gsparaco, so thanks again !

Date: June 22, 2010 00:22

"I will suggest to dcba, who is so critical of my site CMR. If you can do a better job, then by all means write for us"

I suggest YOU take a membership at the best tape sharing site on earth that is Dime. THEN you'll be albe to write accurate reviews of new boots = informing the poor @ssholes who read your babbling that they're asked to shell out the big buck for a new recording when, most of the time, this new recording was shared cost-free at Dime several weeks before smoking smiley

And tell us why every time someone's trying to mention this fact at CMR he/she gets censored.

Good luck for your next review : the NEW above average tape of Led Zep's fabulous Bath 1970 show (seeded for free at Dime for about a week now). I hope you'll compare the Tarantura versus Belzeebut vs Cobla vs No Label versions.
And I hope you'll come to the conclusion that you need all four of them >grinning smiley<

Posted by: gsparaco ()
Date: June 22, 2010 00:50

Nobody is censored on CMR. However, I do delete the deluge of messages I get from the free-downloading disciples. And I delete them not to stifle their viewpoints, but because we all know their opinions and don't really care. That is, we all know these tapes are free, but we like buying silver boots anyway.

And I would hardly call my writing "babbling." Afterall, The Rolling Stones' management read my site and enjoy my reviews. Does Mick read your "babblings?" I think not....

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1693
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home