Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Doug Clifford (CCR) and Charlie, similar sound on drums sometimes
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: December 16, 2009 23:03

listening to some classic CCR, and the drum sound especially on 'Green River' sounded instantly like the '68-'69 sort of sound Charlie was getting. just an observation, but I do think DC and CW have some overlap in their styles of playing.
they both swung with a folky, bluesy guitar player, and kept it simple.

Re: Doug Clifford (CCR) and Charlie, similar sound on drums sometimes
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 16, 2009 23:44

I like Clifford's drumming but he was far less skilled than Charlie. John Fogerty claims he had to teach Clifford and Stu Cook all the drum and bass parts in a way that they thought they had come up with them.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: December 17, 2009 00:00

may be..no doubt about Charlie but he doesn't play as 'chops' player would.
I'd like to hear Clifford and Cook weigh in in the Fogerty 'lessons'...whatever they did, it seemed to work pretty well...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 17, 2009 02:28

<< I'd like to hear Clifford and Cook weigh in in the Fogerty 'lessons' >>

I would too! They were a tasty little band. Fogerty has been very unkind to them since their split, not playing with them at R&R hall induction, etc.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: December 17, 2009 08:44

john fogerty is an amazing talent but has carried the bitterness of being screwed by c.c.r's recording lable for far too long. it's warped him into beliving he did everything. wouldn't suprise me if he thinks he went to the factory and pressed the vinyls himself , loaded them into trucks and drove them to record stores and worked the cash registers

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home