Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Elton John plays at Rush Limbaugh's wedding
Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: June 7, 2010 16:23

Elton John was supposedly paid a million bucks to play at right-wing rabblerouser Rush Limbaugh's fourth wedding yesterday. It's not like Elton needs the money. As money hungry as they are, I suspect that the Stones would not have done the same if asked.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-07 16:24 by baxlap.

Re: OT: Elton John plays at Rush Limbaugh's wedding
Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: June 7, 2010 16:33

At least not without ensuring they played an extended version of Sweet Neo Con.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: June 7, 2010 16:56

baxlap
Elton John was supposedly paid a million bucks to play at right-wing rabblerouser Rush Limbaugh's fourth wedding yesterday. It's not like Elton needs the money. As money hungry as they are, I suspect that the Stones would not have done the same if asked.

That's very strange. A renown gay man playing at the wedding of a renown homophobe (and much else). Elton must have needed the money to pay for another hair transplant.

Posted by: LeedsLungs71 ()
Date: June 7, 2010 17:01

Lord have mercy

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 7, 2010 17:38

youre wrong ,throw enough money at any artist including the stones and they will perform .there is nothing wrong with that it's how you pay the bills .what are you supposed to do say no because of some political issue ?you will go broke like that .more power to them .

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: June 7, 2010 17:45

JERUSALEM - The U.S. rock band Pixies has canceled a concert in Tel Aviv this week in the wake of Israel's deadly raid on a Gaza-bound aid flotilla.

more power to THEM. them being the pixies.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 7, 2010 18:24

baxlap

Correct.

They'd have done it for 5 million, because their asking price is higher than Elton's.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: June 7, 2010 18:29

LOL. It's a sure thing that our boys would've done it for 5 mil and I don't think they'd have the guts to play Sweet Neo Con.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 7, 2010 18:30

I was WAY more surprised that Elton would play for Rush than that Rush would hire Elton to play.

Whether you believe it or not...even though Rush is passionate about his political beliefs....it does not impact
every area of his life. THose that listen to him know....those that only believe what the mainstream
press says about Rush have NO idea.

On the other hand, Elton has been very outspoken (politically speaking) too. Unlike Rush...who combats
liberalism with ideas and debate....Elton angrily shoots his mouth off. Elton is less controlled and
tends to says stuff like "American Idol voters are racist" when they don't pick a black contestant
or homophobic for similar reasons.

I'm a fan of both of them. ( '70s era Elton & current era Rush)

My first thought (upon hearing this) was that obviously Elton did it for the money...even though he's
got a lot, he spends even faster than he makes it. And knowing that Rush had been a music (radio) DJ..and his
taste in classic rock "bumper music".....I was not at all surprised that he could look past
political differences in the name of good music.

Heck if we NON-Liberals only listened to / watched NON-Liberal entertainers....the pickings would be slim. winking smiley

I would bet my bottom dollar that Rush gave Elton a GLOWING introduction. I hope Elton was equally a gentlemen.

WOnder if it was taped & bootlegged yet.

(just googled this story looking for more info.. the intolerant Left is out in full force...they can't understand how people
can separate political views & musical taste)

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-07 19:17 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 7, 2010 18:31

what would be cool is to have rush introduce the glimmers with LADIES AND GENTELMAN LIVE FROM THE GOLDEN MICROPHONE ON THE EXCELENCE IN BROADCASTING NETWORK ,TALENT ON LOAN FROM GOD,THE GREATEST ROCK AND ROLL BAND IN THE WORLD THE ROLLING STONES (YEAH IM A DITTO HEAD)

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 7, 2010 19:34

sweet neo con
I was WAY more surprised that Elton would play for Rush than that Rush would hire Elton to play.

Whether you believe it or not...even though Rush is passionate about his political beliefs....it does not impact
every area of his life. THose that listen to him know....those that only believe what the mainstream

On the other hand, Elton has been very outspoken (politically speaking) too. Unlike Rush...who combats
liberalism with ideas and debate....Elton angrily shoots his mouth off. Elton is less controlled and
tends to says stuff like "American Idol voters are racist" when they don't pick a black contestant

My first thought (upon hearing this) was that obviously Elton did it for the money...even though he's
got a lot, he spends even faster than he makes it. And knowing that Rush had been a music (radio) DJ..and his
taste in classic rock "bumper music".....I was not at all surprised that he could look past

Heck if we NON-Liberals only listened to / watched NON-Liberal entertainers....the pickings would be slim. winking smiley

I would bet my bottom dollar that Rush gave Elton a GLOWING introduction. I hope Elton was equally a gentlemen.

(just googled this story looking for more info.. the intolerant Left is out in full force...they can't understand how people
Rush does'nt care about hiring a gay man to play his wedding. Because he does'nt really give a crap about the BS and hatred he spews on the radio. It's just shtick to get him bigger ratings and money....Elton on the other hand must have needed the money.

Date: June 7, 2010 19:42

sweetcharmedlife

Rush does'nt care about hiring a gay man to play his wedding. Because he does'nt really give a crap about the BS and hatred he spews on the radio. It's just shtick to get him bigger ratings and money....Elton on the other hand must have needed the money.

sounds like you're not a listener. winking smiley

doesn't seem like you'd agree w/Rush....but if you'd at least listen, you could draw your own opinion
instead of regurgitating what the mainstream media spews.

Seems you can't understand how people can separate political views & musical taste.

mickscarey....you could not be more correct.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-07 19:55 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: June 7, 2010 19:44

Also, this is supposed to be a NON-political site yet I see nothing but non-stop republican bashing that I just not let go.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 7, 2010 19:53

sweet neo con

Did you really need 4 edits to say 'this'? Amazing, or actually and logically maybe not surprising at all.

Date: June 7, 2010 19:56

kleermaker
sweet neo con

Did you really need 4 edits to say 'this'? Amazing, or actually and logically maybe not surprising at all.

the edits were to correct typos...and add tidbits instead of doing another post. you seem overly concerned about this.

Date: June 7, 2010 19:58

mickscarey
Also, this is supposed to be a NON-political site yet I see nothing but non-stop republican bashing that I just not let go.
the GOP are a weird bunch. they portray themselves as a tough, no-bullshit, strong on defense macho men that are here to destroy the enemy and raise the fist in victory, yet, when someone makes light of them, such as your boyfriend paul mccartney the other day, the GOP act like a bunch of weak crybabies. it amuses me.

Posted by: akgameboy ()
Date: June 7, 2010 20:04

bernardanderson
mickscarey
the GOP are a weird bunch. they portray themselves as a tough, no-bullshit, strong on defense macho men that are here to destroy the enemy and raise the fist in victory, yet, when someone makes light of them, such as your boyfriend paul mccartney the other day, the GOP act like a bunch of weak crybabies. it amuses me.

Agreed. Fox News, Limbaugh, Beck, etc. are nothing but a bunch of hateful, racist liars. Al Franken even wrote one of my favorite book titles ever: Rush Limbaugh is a Big, Fat Idiot and other Observations.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: June 7, 2010 20:04

Disappointed in EJ but then again it is probably time for another round of hair transplants.

As for Limbaugh, he was an announcer for minor league baseball games. He goes from that occupation to being some sort of guru who knows all about politics, or at least some think so. Go figure..........

Date: June 7, 2010 20:09

obama is doing a great job -- HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Posted by: fuman ()
Date: June 7, 2010 20:16

I'd like to think Elton did it so that he could donate the money to charity.

He knows what Limbaugh represents.

Date: June 7, 2010 20:17

mickscarey, george w. bush did a great job as well!
this political ping pong match can go on and on and on, so let's just stop before you make a fool of yourself. oh wait....

Date: June 7, 2010 20:18

sweet neo con

Sounds like a classy wedding, where the groom introduces the band . . .

Date: June 7, 2010 20:18

Maybe he cold donate it to Rev. Wright's church. You know, the hate-spewing racist whose church Obama always attended but apparently never "listened"

Date: June 7, 2010 20:19

akgameboy
bernardanderson
mickscarey

Agreed. Fox News, Limbaugh, Beck, etc. are nothing but a bunch of hateful, racist liars. Al Franken even wrote one of my favorite book titles ever: Rush Limbaugh is a Big, Fat Idiot and other Observations.

That's Senator Al Frankin !!!

Date: June 7, 2010 20:20

Of course all of you love this day's favorite lefty, Helen Thomas

Date: June 7, 2010 20:25

mickscarey

What is wrong with you?

Date: June 7, 2010 20:27

he can't stop reading the drudgereport and it's melting his brain.

Date: June 7, 2010 20:31

fuman
mickscarey

What is wrong with you?

Wrong with me? Nothing. Real question is why so many seemingly innocuous posts are turned into Republican bashing by the usual hate-filled crowd on this site -- they know who they are.

Date: June 7, 2010 20:37

oh did we hurt your precious feelings, mickscarey? here, this will make everything all better! they're smiling, just for you! even paul is giving you a thumbs up! you'll be fine, mickscarey.

Date: June 7, 2010 20:38

not at all. by the way, I do not like the beetels.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2073
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home