Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Expensive Winos
Posted by: Spodlumt ()
Date: November 19, 2009 23:30

Why have they done nothing since 1993?

Re: The Expensive Winos
Posted by: R ()
Date: November 19, 2009 23:35

Cuz Keith don't wanna.

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: November 20, 2009 01:10

The only possible window of time would have been 2000-2001...but I guess he was too busy counting the money from 1994-1999 with the Stones...basically straight through...only year they didn't tour was 1996 and they were busy making Bridge To Babylon...

But if you want some Winos, you probably find a few X-pensive Winos tracks on Bridges To Babylon labeled as Stones songs!

PECMAN

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: November 20, 2009 01:47

Spodlumt
Why have they done nothing since 1993?

Coconut allergies.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: November 20, 2009 01:57

Is it possible they had a falling out...? I seem to recall reading Keith is not in contact with many people in the band anymore, but I may be confusing that with another of Keith's collaborations.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 20, 2009 03:19

swiss
Is it possible they had a falling out...? I seem to recall reading Keith is not in contact with many people in the band anymore, but I may be confusing that with another of Keith's collaborations.

That would be the Stones...smoking smiley

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 20, 2009 03:44

They certainly did nothing this past August ha ha.

Re: The X-Pensive Winos
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 20, 2009 08:37

>> I seem to recall reading Keith is not in contact with many people in the band anymore <<

you may be thinking of the Wingless Angels ... these bands that start with W are hard to keep straight :E
ahem, i mean: Keith's pointed out a few times that the Winos are all hardworkin musicians -
it's not just a question of Keith finding time, they all need to find the time at the same time.
meanwhile, Steve Jordan did a cool interview with Keith in december 2007 - it must be on line somewhere ...

Posted by: boogie1969 ()
Date: November 20, 2009 09:02

The whole Winos thing seemed to come about because he needed a band for his solo stuff while he and Mick were on the outs back in the 80's. It seems that since the Stones didn't break up that he's gotten that out of his system and no longer needs a solo band. He's older now and probably isn't as concerned with staying active like he used to be. Plus, he made his point to Jagger, that he could do stuff on his own too, and do it better than Mick ever could. You never know, but I'm thinking the Winos are probably done with.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 20, 2009 09:53

Didn't he say something last year about getting them back together? Well, talk is cheap.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 20, 2009 10:08

From nzentgraf.de:

1996 March: KEITH RICHARDS & THE X-PENSIVE WINOS. near Ocho Rios, Jamaica, KR’s house.
Recording of demo tracks.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: November 20, 2009 10:10

well, it´s not true that they haven´t done nothing since 1993. They met, Keith mentioned this in an interview but it didn´t work. No spirit, or feeling or whatever. So, at least he tried. I think this happened around 2000. And BTB started from solo tracks so maybe they were involved a bit, look at the credits, you can find them on most keith tracks.

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: November 20, 2009 15:05

They have gathered at Keith's Weston CT for fun jams... the 90's was a very busy decade for him... Stones, Winos, Stones, Angels, Stones ... however I want to point out that although it has been regarded as a great record - "Main Offender " - I think you can hear at times a sense of: there isn't really anything we can do here besides four great songs and the fact that I got my band going strong and I don't need to do this anymore vibe ... it's a monogamous record... and Keith is and has not been a creative artist anyway with Stones -

Which is the greatest Keith written song since 81? I vote for "the Worst"

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: November 20, 2009 15:18

for Keith 'ballads' I vote for 'How Can I Stop' or 'Thief In The Night'

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: November 20, 2009 15:20

My vote goes to Slipping Away!

Date: November 20, 2009 15:24

Hate It When You Leave

Posted by: tomstones ()
Date: November 20, 2009 15:26

Expensive Winos is not Stones, so it is OT - please remember the sticky post... ;-)

Date: November 20, 2009 15:57

Keith can never be OT winking smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 20, 2009 19:24

Loudei
They have gathered at Keith's Weston CT for fun jams... the 90's was a very busy decade for him... Stones, Winos, Stones, Angels, Stones ... however I want to point out that although it has been regarded as a great record - "Main Offender " - I think you can hear at times a sense of: there isn't really anything we can do here besides four great songs and the fact that I got my band going strong and I don't need to do this anymore vibe ... it's a monogamous record... and Keith is and has not been a creative artist anyway with Stones -

Which is the greatest Keith written song since 81? I vote for "the Worst"
thru and thru

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: November 20, 2009 20:07

Keith´s number one are the Rolling Stones, thats why it is

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 20, 2009 20:10

keith knows very well he can't carry a band anymore...any talk of a wino's project is pure fantasy

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 20, 2009 21:08

StonesTod
keith knows very well he can't carry a band anymore...any talk of a wino's project is pure fantasy

I bet it would be a hige difference for Steve Jordan and Willie Weeks to be touring with Keith Richards - compared to Clapton.....which both have been playing with the recent years.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 20, 2009 21:09

wille "the wino" weeks?

Date: November 20, 2009 21:17

StonesTod
wille "the wino" weeks?

Hmmm....never seen pictures - just read the name and listened to concerts; could it possibly be a different "Willie Weeks"? One of them should get a copyright protection.....if there's 2 of them anyway

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 20, 2009 23:12

er ... Willie Weeks was in the Baby Barbarians (the ones who played the Kilburn 74 gigs).
Erik Snow honey, are you just checking to see if we're paying attention, or did you mean Charley Drayton, or both? :E
[passing more popcorn]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-20 23:18 by with sssoul.

Date: November 20, 2009 23:34

I'll accept the popcorn, but I refuse to explain or admit my mistake - thanks, Sssoul - that's some nicely popped popcorn

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-20 23:37 by Erik_Snow.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1149
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home