Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Jagger and the Dead video pre Altamont
Posted by: Brown Moses ()
Date: June 6, 2010 22:01

Just saw this on another list,nice little clip,never seen it before.

[www.dailymotion.com]

Re: Jagger and the Dead video pre Altamont
Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: June 6, 2010 22:49

It's from the Maysles GYYYO film, released last year.

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: June 6, 2010 22:57

Jagger looks likes he's completely spaced...

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 6, 2010 23:04

Never saw this one before either

Date: June 6, 2010 23:11

the beginning of the end!

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: June 7, 2010 08:12

faawk! that's amazing. Crazy shit! I love it so much. About a year ago I was saying to people (not here) that I was yearning for more "candid" video/film of the Stones.

They are so focking high. Mick seems like he may've tripped the night before. Jerry and his crew are dosed right then and there and in such a totally different zone than the Stones.

I wonder what Mick is talking to Stu about re: the night b4 being unbelievable? Obviously, some party or happening. But does anyone know where they were?

I love how Charlie refuses to do Mick's bidding.

And wonder who the girl is.

Who is the American guy telling Mick a 25-seat plane is coming? and who then gets a shade too familiar as he tries to stare down Mick in a joking way 0 and Mick sends him the unblinking-reptilian-gap-mouthed-Mick-Jagger-famous-heavily-bored-whithering-unfocused stare and puts the guy back in his place of being the help

Unbelievable.

How is the rest of the GYYYO Maysles flick?

- swiss

Posted by: Voja ()
Date: June 7, 2010 09:23

swiss

Much better then Exile 2010 documentary.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: June 7, 2010 10:02

swiss

- swiss

The part with the monkey is hilarious !( the making-of the GYYYO cover when it's raining and Charlie rides the monkey )
The unreleased stage footages are great -I watched the "Satisfaction" part again & again ,there are no words to explain how great it is )

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 7, 2010 10:12

Great to see. Thanks for putting this up Brown Moses.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 7, 2010 15:39

this is awesome jerry and mick together .just think of the collaborations jerry and the dead with the stones perform little red rooster ,not fade away,around and around.this would have been so awesome .jerry coming on stage with the stones mick and keith with jerry and the dead on stage .aw man im tripping right now ,busted down on bourbon street,set up like a bowling pin knocked down it gets to wearing thin.i could go on and on .oh by the way in case nobody know .I MISS JERRY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: bolexman ()
Date: June 7, 2010 15:43

I wonder if there are any outtakes of the crazy guy wearing streamers & long johns, dancing on top of the amplifier like a wizard (when the Jefferson Airplane start playing at Altamont). Remember that guy? He looked like he was conducting lightning

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 7, 2010 15:53

SwayStones

The part with the monkey is hilarious !( the making-of the GYYYO cover when it's raining and Charlie rides the monkey )
The unreleased stage footages are great -I watched the "Satisfaction" part again & again ,there are no words to explain how great it is )

SwayStones, we have a spelling thread now. Monkey? I guess you meant donkey. A monkey would have been nice too. Or did you refer to Charlie? A monkey on a donkey. We descend from the monkeys and there's still little difference indeed. Well, it's too early in the morning to be really funny.

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: June 7, 2010 16:19

Great find! Thanks for posting!

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: June 7, 2010 16:22

kleermaker
SwayStones

SwayStones, we have a spelling thread now. Monkey? I guess you meant donkey. A monkey would have been nice too. Or did you refer to Charlie? A monkey on a donkey. We descend from the monkeys and there's still little difference indeed. Well, it's too early in the morning to be really funny.

keermaker ,hopefully you were here to notice :-)))
It was a careless mistake ,not a spelling mistake winking smiley haha !
of course I did mean " donkey .Monkeys don't have big ears ,do they?grinning smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: June 8, 2010 02:48

How they all gaze at poor stoned Mick!
And Stanley Booth of course is getting his face in the cameras again.

Been just reading Sam Cutlers new book with some of the backround stories to those pictures. Not a great write but nevertheless an interesting read for 69 tour lovers like me . .

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 8, 2010 04:21

mick hangin with the dead just before they chicken shit out of the gig

Posted by: stones77 ()
Date: June 8, 2010 05:41

'charlie, kiss the young lady on the forehead...'

- nooo

hahahaha

classic

Date: June 8, 2010 06:33

I'm surprised at the number of folks that have yet to see this great DVD that came out last year -- why is that? Cost I guess?

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: June 8, 2010 06:55

melillo

I wish I could remember where I read it, but the Dead did not chicken shit out: to the contrary, they bowed out in order to get the Stones on sage more quickly.

The idea was to end a bad scene more quickly by getting the main act, the act everyone was there to see, the Stones, on stage more quickly.

The Stones or Mick waited, delayed, despite the opportunity to go on sooner, in order for it to be dark, in order for it to be more heightened theatrically.

I was being filmed.

$$$$$$

Date: June 8, 2010 07:03

Where did you get this info? Sounds like revisionist history to me. Woodstock was also filmed but the Airplane, a headlining act, was bumped back until the next morning due to delays. I can't imagine the Dead, the second headliner at Altamont, just deciding not to play so the Stones could play sooner. I don't buy it.

>I was being filmed

Which one was you?

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: June 8, 2010 07:25

Glam Descendant
I'm surprised at the number of folks that have yet to see this great DVD that came out last year -- why is that? Cost I guess?

Agree. This is news?

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: June 8, 2010 07:42

deadegad
melillo

I wish I could remember where I read it, but the Dead did not chicken shit out: to the contrary, they bowed out in order to get the Stones on stage more quickly.

The idea was to end a bad scene more quickly by getting the main act, the act everyone was there to see, the Stones, on stage more quickly.

The Stones or Mick waited, delayed, despite the opportunity to go on sooner, in order for it to be dark, in order for it to be more heightened theatrically.

It was being filmed.

$$$$$$

I corrected the typo. If I remember where, I'll post the source for this info.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-08 07:44 by deadegad.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 8, 2010 09:07

I only have a VHS of Gimme Shelter - haven't seen it in at lesat 5 years. I've never seen this footage. Man - seems almost like Jagger was the CEO of the Stones, even in 1969!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: slakka ()
Date: June 9, 2010 05:41

swiss
faawk! that's amazing. Crazy shit! I love it so much. About a year ago I was saying to people (not here) that I was yearning for more "candid" video/film of the Stones.

They are so focking high. Mick seems like he may've tripped the night before. Jerry and his crew are dosed right then and there and in such a totally different zone than the Stones.

I wonder what Mick is talking to Stu about re: the night b4 being unbelievable? Obviously, some party or happening. But does anyone know where they were?

I love how Charlie refuses to do Mick's bidding.

And wonder who the girl is.

Who is the American guy telling Mick a 25-seat plane is coming? and who then gets a shade too familiar as he tries to stare down Mick in a joking way 0 and Mick sends him the unblinking-reptilian-gap-mouthed-Mick-Jagger-famous-heavily-bored-whithering-unfocused stare and puts the guy back in his place of being the help

Swiss, i steady poster like you outta know this stuff. Mick is telling Stu about being up at Altamont nite before. Mick returned, Keith stayed the nite. If you read Stanley Booths book (also in this clip) a dozen or so times it really helps. "The American guy" is Ronnie Schneider of this very newsgroup...bemused!!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 9, 2010 06:05

charlie does no ones bidding thats whats so great about him

Posted by: slakka ()
Date: June 20, 2010 23:30

bolexman
I wonder if there are any outtakes of the crazy guy wearing streamers & long johns, dancing on top of the amplifier like a wizard (when the Jefferson Airplane start playing at Altamont). Remember that guy? He looked like he was conducting lightning

Wizard conducting lightning!! I love it!!

Can somebody please youtube that guy?? I've always loved and respected him tremendously!!!

Posted by: 69boogie ()
Date: June 21, 2010 07:46

The Greek
this is awesome jerry and mick together .just think of the collaborations jerry and the dead with the stones perform little red rooster ,not fade away,around and around.this would have been so awesome. jerry coming on stage with the stones mick and keith with jerry and the dead on stage.

Yeah, and watch watch the life immediately get sucked out of the Stones kick-ass rock n' roll the second Jerry steps onstage.

I only like some of their music, but I respect the Dead a lot because of the community they built up with their fans, one that no other band had before. Others have tried and come close, but it hasn't been equaled since.

But no other band can butcher the rock n roll classics like the Dead. The versions I've heard of Around and Around, Not Fade Away, Johnny B. Goode, etc., sound like 4th rate bar band crap.

Yeah yeah, I know, you had to be there, you just don't get it, Jerry was a genius, blah, blah, blah. Whatever. The fact is, they were incredible at times when they were doing their own thing, but when it came covering others, especially Chuck Berry style rock n' roll, they generally screwed the pooch.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 21, 2010 12:01

swiss

That's Ronnie Shneider. Lol at Stanley Booth motioning a kiss when Ronnie's talking to Mick.

Ethan Russell can be seen taking pics during the Mick/Stu/Ronnie section.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 21, 2010 12:02

jamesfdouglas
Man - seems almost like Jagger was the CEO of the Stones, even in 1969!

Indeed!

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: June 21, 2010 15:07

deadegad
melillo

I wish I could remember where I read it, but the Dead did not chicken shit out: to the contrary, they bowed out in order to get the Stones on sage more quickly.

I was being filmed.

$$$$$$

According to Cutler(again) who even worked for the Dead later on they very well let the Stones and everybody else down and went away!

Plus after Altamont they hided and never backed the Stones although they had a big part in the planning and staging of that concert!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1743
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home