Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Most overrated: All Down the Line
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: June 3, 2010 23:08

It's just an average track - one of the weakest on Exile.

Wish they would play something else live - Highwire, Too Much Blood, One Hit, Out of Time, Slave, etc.

Re: Most overrated: All Down the Line
Posted by: oldfan ()
Date: June 3, 2010 23:16

boo hoo

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: June 3, 2010 23:16

If you're making wishes, you should probably start with wishing they would play ANYTHING live!

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: June 3, 2010 23:17

you aren;t serious right? ADTL on Welcome to NY is perhaps on of the greatest live perfomances of their career.

It is perhaps the hottest track on Exile.........are just tryin to start a fight?

I mean Highwire......WTF? Highwire? Really?

This is something my ex-wife would say when she is in "STAGE 3" of a drinking night.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: June 3, 2010 23:19

Cafaro
This is something my ex-wife would say when she is in "STAGE 3" of a drinking night.

how many stages? does it ever get to the stage when she starts singing along to gomper?

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: June 3, 2010 23:23

I'm not instigating. It seems very average to me. And Highwire is @#$%& awesome, Cafaro. (It's also the band at its tightest and purest - 1991, Bill on bass, just off a tour, Mick's voice peaking, Keith pre-arthritis)

Date: June 3, 2010 23:26

Send It To me
I'm not instigating. It seems very average to me. And Highwire is @#$%& awesome, Cafaro. (It's also the band at its tightest and purest - 1991, Bill on bass, just off a tour, Mick's voice peaking, Keith pre-arthritis)

ummm...newsflash: keith doesn't play on highwire

Date: June 3, 2010 23:26

T&A
Cafaro

how many stages? does it ever get to the stage when she starts singing along to gomper?

YES! She went through 4 stages:
Stage 1: Having fun getting loose..when she would probably sing along with Gomper
Stage 2: Getting Frisky and loving
Stage 3: fight time!!
Stage 4: passout

Sometimes stage 2 ande 3 were interchanged and could be confused for each other.

Date: June 3, 2010 23:27

Send It To me

Hey man.....whatever you like is good for me! I'm just kidding around.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: June 3, 2010 23:29

Highwire in preference to All Down the Line - I want some the drugs you are obviously taking! Highwire is, well, a very average rock song, ADTL is, as someone earlier noted, a storming locomotive of a song and there are some amazing boots of it to exemplify this point.

Now, if you had said Satisfaction (the worst of the warhorses) then I'd be right there with you!

Date: June 3, 2010 23:29

Cafaro
T&A
Cafaro

YES! She went through 4 stages:
Stage 1: Having fun getting loose..when she would probably sing along with Gomper
Stage 2: Getting Frisky and loving
Stage 3: fight time!!
Stage 4: passout

Sometimes stage 2 ande 3 were interchanged and could be confused for each other.

this is what this board needs more of - more cowbell and more posts like this.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: June 3, 2010 23:53

All Down the Line, Live, when the Band is on, Is as good as the Stones get.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: June 3, 2010 23:55

Send It To me:

Agree! Kill the myth!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 4, 2010 00:15

No. That opening guitar riff and intro is one of the nastiest pieces of business our boys have ever come up with, and it's probably the most fun to play of any of the open G classics...I do think the way Keith usually has played the intro live dumbs it down though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-04 02:35 by 71Tele.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: June 4, 2010 00:18

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: June 3, 2010 23:53

Oh yes!

Posted by: redsock ()
Date: June 4, 2010 00:26

doubledoor

Listen to the performance of it from February 24, 1973 in Australia. I have The Swingin' Pig silver "Rocks Off".

Talk about chills ... Listen -- at high volume -- to the final minute of the song (beginning at about 2:50). Every time I hear it, I'm stunned at how tight the band is. They are an unstoppable machine. It's breathtaking. And exhilarating!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 4, 2010 00:40

Haven't seen ya in a while T&A. Where ya been?

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: June 4, 2010 00:41

Send It To me

Wish they would play something else live - Highwire, Too Much Blood, One Hit, Out of Time, Slave, etc.

Of those, I think "Out of Time" would be cool. Have they ever played that one live? ADTL is an awesome track though good fun R & R, so I disagree with you on that.

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: June 4, 2010 01:25

Cafaro
you aren;t serious right? ADTL on Welcome to NY is perhaps on of the greatest live perfomances of their career.

It is perhaps the hottest track on Exile.........are just tryin to start a fight?

I mean Highwire......WTF? Highwire? Really?

+1

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 4, 2010 01:37

Crikey mate ..... You need a night in the BUNKER......BYO

ROCKMAN

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: June 4, 2010 02:07

Don't think it is that kind of great track either... Never really understood it!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 4, 2010 02:28

MUM!!!! ....... is there enough pizza for another visitor?????....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 4, 2010 02:43

Sometimes I skip over ADTL. Sometimes I crank it up. I do really enjoy the Stripped single B-side live version - the band at the height of their powers on the Voodoo tour.

It IS a kicking song. I can possibly understand how it's not a Jumpin' Jack Flash or Monkey Man or Bitch or something else and on some days it doesn't catch the trip for the day but it swings, it boogies and it's damn fine rock'n'motherfuckin'roll.

Posted by: copsnrobbers ()
Date: June 4, 2010 02:47

I haven't heard a bad one yet.

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: June 4, 2010 02:48

Floats my boat

Date: June 4, 2010 03:03

Great version even though Mick messes up by going back into the "I need a shot of salvation part".

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 4, 2010 03:06

Highwire over ADTL!!!??? Crazy. ADTL is classic full on Stones! One of their best rockers that pumps the adrenaline. Highwire is an average and pretty pedestrian rocker with slick production and fumbling lyrics. A throwaway.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: June 4, 2010 03:51

Send It To me

el stupido

Date: June 4, 2010 03:53

mickscarey
Send It To me

el stupido

If they were to actually play "Too Much Blood" at a show I was at I think I would finally do what I have never done at a Stones show these past 35 years: Walk out. If only until that number was over.

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: June 4, 2010 04:17

Send it to Me -- as I said above, I think your position is crazy, but I think it's cool that you like Highwire and that you'd go out there and politely challenge everyone with a topic like this...

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1389
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home