Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Favourite Exile bonus track
Posted by: skelly ()
Date: May 30, 2010 01:52

What is your favourite of the Exile bonus tracks?

I thought Plundered my Soul was great when I heard it first but now I love Following the River. For me it's the best.

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Re: Favourite Exile bonus track
Posted by: skelly ()
Date: May 30, 2010 02:08

Should have said that dancing in the light is fantastic!

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: May 30, 2010 02:13

I just picked it up today. Love the `new`songs more than the ones that haven`t been touched up.

Following the River hit me home very personally, actually brought tears as I was driving home after buying it in the car. I've not been moved by a "new" Stones songs in my generation like that, ever.

I have also really grown to love Plundered my Soul the more I hear it.
Great job, Mick!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: JJFlash2010 ()
Date: May 30, 2010 02:13

My favorites are Pass The Wine, Dancing, Plundered and Following The River, can't decide which one is better or best......

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 30, 2010 02:27

i cried when i first heard following the river, too, but i think it was a diff kind of tears than yours, james....

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: May 30, 2010 02:34

I'm Not Signifying.

Posted by: magenta ()
Date: May 30, 2010 02:37

All of them. They are all pretty good. Sounds like the Stones to me.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 30, 2010 03:40

To me, "Good Time Women" and "I Ain't Signifying" are in a different category because they are genuine outtakes. The alternate versions of "Loving Cup," "Soul Survivor," and "All Down the Line" don't really do anything for me compared to the brilliant LP versions. For the new stuff (which I think of as new material, not outtakes), I really like "Pass the Wine" and "Plundered My Soul" is easily my second favorite. "So Divine" and "Dancing in the Light" are mixed bags as they still feel unfinished to me, a bit like listening to Vigotone's VOODOO LOUNGE work in progress tracks. "Following the River" - what can I say, I just don't like it. Cliched lyrics and music, not identifiably the Stones and Mick's vocals on this pale compared to something like "That's How Strong My Love Is" on LIVE LICKS. This one to me was the biggest disappointment as I expected to be knocked out.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: May 30, 2010 05:05

My favories - I'm Not Signifying, Following The River. It's funny how different eveyone can feel...I think Pludered is the worst song on it, (but still ok). I never like the single they pick. I didn't like Love Is Strong and did not like Anybody See My Baby either. Also thought there were a lot of more fun songs on ABB than "Sreets of Love"

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: May 30, 2010 06:08

You cried? Jesus!!!!

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: May 30, 2010 06:21

I picked it up last thursday.
I was a bit disappointed I must say. I had carefully tried not to download it before buying, but i haven't played it since thursday.
I have been playing the other cds i got. The new black keys, and the new dead weather.
I should recommend everyone to taste those too.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 30, 2010 06:58

Dancing in the Light is phenomenal Stones groove. All of it, man it is almost too much to take in. Hearing the old mixed with the new. I makes for a lot of thinking and appraising, and joy! Mick's harp on Ain't Signifying is almost mystical. Hearing him in his elder self talking with himself as a young man. So much of this stuff must bring up a lot of memories and romancing. Keith doesn't seem to present though in the remixing. Seems to be a Mick show. Which is interesting, and leaves a lot of other questions. But none the less, this is another Tattoo You and very interesting.

Date: May 30, 2010 07:43

And my goodness do they get down to it on Pass the Wine! WHew, that is one damn fantastic Stones funk rockers. A fascinating hybrid from the present to the past. And not a skip or a miss on this one, from the sinewy rhythm to the propulsive for on the floor back beat. And the gospel signifying from the choral section. Whew, feels like a sweaty New Orleans night party in the Quarter. Oh oops so does Ain't Signifying! Another homage to LA. For those interested in the Brit invasion groups it is interesting to note the similarities of a lot of these outtakes with Musswell Hillbillies. Hmmm. Great stuff, and boy what a glorious way to open up the Summer!

Posted by: redsock ()
Date: May 30, 2010 08:09

Most of the songs don't do a whole lot for me, but Dancing In The Light is fantastic.

I really like the ADTL from Amazon UK, also.

Date: May 30, 2010 08:12

Wow and Plundered My Soul...after the dust has all settled and everyones initial shock wears off, this will be remembered for what it justifiably deserves to be, a classic Stones ROCKER. GREAT! Would love to see this live.

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: May 30, 2010 09:47

I'm not so fond of any of them. None of them should ever make the live set.

But then again, with fumble fingers Richards, the live set shouldn't ever happen again. We all need to accept that IT'S OVER!

Date: May 30, 2010 09:52

Wow good mood this day for you? As a famous psycho said so well...."why so serious!?"

Love them! Great stuff and definitely would be great to see live. I will let you know baxlap how they sound next I see them live.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 30, 2010 09:53

thanx baxlap for the decisive and enlightnening in topic contribution
right now my fav is dancing in the light

Posted by: AP ()
Date: May 30, 2010 10:17

My favorites (album tracks order): Pass the Wine, So Divine, Loving Cup, Soul Survivor, Title 5, All Down the Line. Love second part much more than first.

Date: May 30, 2010 10:22

Plundered my Soul - what gets me about that one is that at this very late stage Jagger comes in with one of those chorus hooks that makes me yell along. The chorus, and the girls...phenomenal.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: May 30, 2010 10:24

At the beginning i was a little dissapointed..............but these songs (10 tunes!!) are growing on me so heavily..................... all of them

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: May 30, 2010 10:45

So Divine.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 30, 2010 12:50

PMS,the only real Stones sound they had when they where a guitar band: with Taylor and Jones..imo
The rest: too much poor guitar work,no magic; the sound they had when Wood joined,and too much "artificial" piano intros.
There are some nice chord progressions on some tracks though.
Jagger still can sing,that's for sure.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 30, 2010 17:28

"and too much "artificial" piano intros."

Does Chuck have a bad influence with his "plink, plink" piano? Were Stu and Nicky better piano players?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 30, 2010 17:35

I'm Not Signifying is the best track. Easily. It's amazing it didn't make the album.

Plundered would be my second fave, followed closely by Pass The Wine.

The rest of 'em, eh, I like being able to listen to these tracks but I wouldn't consider them "great" songs.

Posted by: happydays ()
Date: May 30, 2010 18:15

Following The River >grinning smiley<

Best regards,
happydays

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 30, 2010 18:39

I Ain't Signifying

Dead heat for second between Pass The Wine and Plundered My Soul.

Date: May 30, 2010 18:45

mtaylor

Does Chuck have a bad influence with his "plink, plink" piano? Were Stu and Nicky better piano players?

You know, I think what really kills Leavell with the Stones is his sound. His playing isn't that bad. I was listening and if he was coming on a bit softer on a real Grand Piano it would be a world of difference. Not only would his sound be radically better, but I think it would subtly change his position and function in the Stones.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 30, 2010 19:00

StonesTod
i cried when i first heard following the river, too, but i think it was a diff kind of tears than yours, james....

Perhaps crocodiles tears?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 30, 2010 19:50

Palace Revolution 2000
mtaylor

You know, I think what really kills Leavell with the Stones is his sound. His playing isn't that bad. I was listening and if he was coming on a bit softer on a real Grand Piano it would be a world of difference. Not only would his sound be radically better, but I think it would subtly change his position and function in the Stones.

Thanks for helping me out.winking smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1480
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home