Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: stones,acdc
Posted by: andy js ()
Date: May 27, 2010 12:23

shortfatfanny

Of course there is one...

Its hardly a 'best of' if you go by the tracklisting. Its a great selection though

Not much point buying it if you have all the albums though obviously

Date: May 27, 2010 12:26

bernardanderson
care to elaborate, andy js?

Yeah of course. They started out wanting to play hard rock n roll with minimal bullshit

Its now 2010 and they still do

They havent changed with the seasons like some other so called RNR bands. Where others slipped off the track and tried to be 'current' they just continued playing what they love and do best

Result? They're bigger than ever in 2010 and have never lost their fanbase or dignity

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 27, 2010 17:27

I wouldn't call the Iron Man 2 soundtrack a greatest hits package either. Heck, I'd say Who Made Who comes closer, but it does provide a nice hits package with some more obscure gems. If you are a completist, you need it. I myself picked up the Walmart exclusive single disc, and the deluxe limited edition collectors edition with poster and comic book reproduction.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 27, 2010 17:30

andy js
71Tele
Why are there so many threads comparing these bands? They are not even remotely alike.

True. Only one of them stuck to their rock n roll roots

If that is some sort of dis of the Stones, the Stones didn't have rock & roll roots. They had blues roots, which is why their music is so much more interesting than that of ACDC. I find pure hard rock boring, others love it. But these two bands could not be more different.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: May 27, 2010 17:43

andy js
shortfatfanny

Of course there is one...

Its hardly a 'best of' if you go by the tracklisting. Its a great selection though

Not much point buying it if you have all the albums though obviously

The fact it´s not labeled as "best of" doesn´t neccessarily lead to the conclusion
it is not - think of the amount of Stones compilations.

The term "best of " itself is a contradiction,because it´s mainly referring to a mixture of subjective preferences of the compiler and/or sales.

In this case,as in many others ,you get at least some bonus if you´re getting the deluxe edition.

Of course the value of this bonus differs...

And no,didn´t got this item anyway.....but from time to time I like a certain
dose ..."Plug Me In" is always a good choice for me including the Stones.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: May 27, 2010 18:18

I might download that Iron Man 2 cd, although I'm not too fond of Best Of albums.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 27, 2010 19:02

Thanks colonial and Andy.

I saw they shot footage for the Iron Man 2 "Shoot To Thrill" video and began to wonder if the footage was for the upcoming new dvd. It looked great...any show from Buenos Aires is gonna be wild, right?

If they filmed over 3 nights--hopefully they changed SOME songs up to give us a well-rounded DVD set. But then again, I didn't follow the shows after it went overseas...don't know if they ever changed the set list up after the first few legs of the tour.

Date: May 27, 2010 20:36

changed some songs ?

you wish mate!

same setlist as always. well they did add High Voltage from Australia onwards

that said, at least you know it'll be killer!

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 28, 2010 07:09

Justin
Thanks colonial and Andy.

I saw they shot footage for the Iron Man 2 "Shoot To Thrill" video and began to wonder if the footage was for the upcoming new dvd. It looked great...any show from Buenos Aires is gonna be wild, right?

If they filmed over 3 nights--hopefully they changed SOME songs up to give us a well-rounded DVD set. But then again, I didn't follow the shows after it went overseas...don't know if they ever changed the set list up after the first few legs of the tour.
Justin..I brought my AC/DC IRON MAN 2 CD this morning..it hasnt got their lastest hit Rock n Roll Train on it.The CD+DVD one it has videos taken from concerts in Buenos Aires-Detroit-Glasgow-Madrid x3 from 1979-2009

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 28, 2010 11:14

AC/DC on TheStones..In 1966 when we saw The Rolling Stones live in Sdyney..There was no..hello,how are you.. they just came on and started playing..Angus recalls..it was that attitude...It was Rock with bad attitude..but I liked it

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: May 28, 2010 14:17

I saw AC/DC in 1976 on one of their very first live appearances in Europe and I remember having the album. Marquee club was THAT place to go. Anyway they became big because Hard/Heavy Rock is a sound for big arenas and stadiums. It's a music for cheering people. I saw them occassionally all through they decades. They are fun to see them live even for one hour. But that's it.
I assume all those Bands which survived such a long time like AC/DC even U2 or the Stones are still around because they tend to be icons for a certain period and they are souvenirs to listen from a long loved lost period. The only other group in that league could be Led Zeppelin However they do not and want not to exist anymore.
I enjoyed a lot the gig with Stones/ AC/DC doing Rock me Baby.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2596
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home