Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
stones,acdc
Posted by: openthedoor ()
Date: May 25, 2010 23:09

As we had alot of Stones vs. acdc discussions here, you may be interested
to read what acdc fans think about the stones.

[www.acdcfans.net]

Re: stones,acdc
Posted by: openthedoor ()
Date: May 25, 2010 23:16

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 25, 2010 23:21

Well this guy got it all right:

"Stones '67 to '73 are imperious. Exile is the only album I can allow people to put alongside Powerage as the greatest r'n'r record of all time (Well maybe Sticky Fingers as well). Stones made great, beautiful music, richer in variety than the boys, they don't rock as hard, but boy do they roll. "

say hello to the guys & gals, I love my dose of AC/DC once in a while.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-25 23:31 by open-g.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: May 25, 2010 23:24

well, I like to hear AC/DC live for 30 minutes. Then I get tired....

Stones rock, they do ballads, country-stuff Enjoy them the Whole concert!!!

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: May 25, 2010 23:33

AC/DC are a great one trick pony and long may they continue to be so!

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 25, 2010 23:39

AC/DC..would be in my top 10.. probably No.6-7-8 ?..somewhere AC/DC are there..but not quite there ya know what I mean

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 26, 2010 05:57

It's amazing how people can write paragraphs to try to "prove" why one band is better than the other.

Let's see AC/DC pull off "Let It Bleed". Let's see the Stones take care of "Shoot To Thrill." They're separate bands for a reason.

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: May 26, 2010 06:25

right on, justin.
the word "versus" shouldn't be used in music. or all art in general.

Date: May 26, 2010 12:01

AC/DC albums theres probably 2 or 3 songs I like off each one so my favourite album would be their Best of.But with The Stones I have quite a few favourite albums with nearly all the songs on each album I like.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 26, 2010 16:12

Love every AC/DC album. I've been a fan of theirs for faaaaaaaaaaaaaar longer than I have of the Stones I must admit. They are one of the first bands I think most guys get into, IMO, due to their fun, party attitude. I remember my mom driving my friend and I to work one day and popping in my cassette of Dirty Deeds. I was sooooo nervous when Big Balls came on. I had no idea what to expect from my mother in terms of a reaction, but she ended up laughing her butt off. To this day, she'll ask me about it now and then - remember that time I was taking you to work and you had that Balls song playing? Priceless.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: May 26, 2010 16:35

colonial
AC/DC albums theres probably 2 or 3 songs I like off each one so my favourite album would be their Best of

Except there isnt one.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 26, 2010 19:05

and never will be. I actually just finished compiling a 2CD Greatest Hits of theirs for my truck. Probably coulda been a 3 disc affair, but I didn't want it to be that cumbersome. As it was I had to leave off some great tracks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-26 19:06 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 26, 2010 19:29

Who cares what ACDC fans think of the Stones? Why are there so many threads comparing these bands? They are not even remotely alike.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: May 26, 2010 20:30

quote from the ac/dc forum:

I´ve seen the Stones live twice in my life, 15 years apart. I remember each one of those nights as if it was yesterday. First word that comes to mind regarding the Stones is: RESPECT.

:-)

Date: May 26, 2010 21:48

71Tele
Who cares what ACDC fans think of the Stones? Why are there so many threads comparing these bands? They are not even remotely alike.
71Tele..yea thats right..its just like this Beatles/Stones rivalry thing going on..some fans look at it like its some sort of competition of who the better band is.It could be worse I suppose it hasnt got to the stage yet where ya see AC/DC and Stones fans fighting outside concerts like in footballs matches yet.I think the AC/DC fans would start it..theyve always been a mouthie lot.I find alot of Stones fans are AC/DC fans and vica/versa yea..its this old rivalry thing as who is the better band AC/DC 75%..The Beatles 99.5%..The Rolling Stones 100%+ those three bands ya can have a fairly reasonable discussion on who the better band is.But when ya see the likes of these *Johnie come lately* bands or KISS for example who want to get into the ring with the likes of The Stones and the Beatles..Dreamers

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 26, 2010 21:52

colonial
71Tele
71Tele..yea thats right..its just like this Beatles/Stones rivalry thing going on..some fans look at it like its some sort of competition of who the better band is.It could be worse I suppose it hasnt got to the stage yet where ya see AC/DC and Stones fans fighting outside concerts like in footballs matches yet.I think the AC/DC fans would start it..theyve always been a mouthie lot.I find alot of Stones fans are AC/DC fans and vica/versa yea..its this old rivalry thing as who is the better band AC/DC 75%..The Beatles 99.5%..The Rolling Stones 100%+ those three bands ya can have a fairly reasonable discussion on who the better band is.But when ya see the likes of these *Johnie come lately* bands or KISS for example who want to get into the ring with the likes of The Stones and the Beatles..Dreamers

You said it Colonial. The Stones could be compared to The Beatles, or to some extent The Who (for a time). ACDC is another league entirely - a lower one.

Date: May 26, 2010 22:37

71Tele
Why are there so many threads comparing these bands? They are not even remotely alike.

True. Only one of them stuck to their rock n roll roots

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: May 26, 2010 22:54

care to elaborate, andy js?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 26, 2010 23:12

open-g
Well this guy got it all right:

"Stones '67 to '73 are imperious. Exile is the only album I can allow people to put alongside Powerage as the greatest r'n'r record of all time (Well maybe Sticky Fingers as well). Stones made great, beautiful music, richer in variety than the boys, they don't rock as hard, but boy do they roll. "

say hello to the guys & gals, I love my dose of AC/DC once in a while.
Also like the Stones. AC/DC continues ignoring some of thier best music. Rarely ever playing anything off of Powerage. Not to mention the fact they change thier setlist even less than the Stones,

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: May 26, 2010 23:16

after 30 minutes...acdc, whatever , its boring

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: May 26, 2010 23:25

Stones or Lady Gaga?

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: May 27, 2010 00:38

Saw AC DC yesterday in Hanover...80 000 people great crowd they rocked like hell but as someone said it gets a bit boring after a while. It's always fun to see them live though.

Date: May 27, 2010 01:04

IMHO, AC DC is not even remotely in the same league as the Stones. I really have no interest in AC DC after the Bon Scott era. Early stuff was great; Bon had an awesome voice and charisma to boot. Some of the more recent stuff is down right horrible.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: May 27, 2010 01:05

andy js
colonial
AC/DC albums theres probably 2 or 3 songs I like off each one so my favourite album would be their Best of

Except there isnt one.

Of course there is one...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 27, 2010 01:06

ACDC are like your moronic brother-in-law that keeps telling sex jokes. It gets tirering after a while but you have to admit he cheers you up, like ACDC's music.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 27, 2010 01:21

dcba
ACDC are like your moronic brother-in-law that keeps telling sex jokes. It gets tirering after a while but you have to admit he cheers you up, like ACDC's music.

nice analogy.

I've seen them live twice, and they are definitely entertaining. I couldn't listen to the stuff all the time but you're right, it does cheer you up!

Date: May 27, 2010 02:21

shortfatfanny..Im getting that IRON MAN 2 CD tommorrow.AC/DC BLACK ICE DVD will be a good one when it comes out.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 27, 2010 03:04

Has an official Black Ice Tour DVD been announced yet? Or any info on what show was filmed?

Date: May 27, 2010 03:16

Justin
Has an official Black Ice Tour DVD been announced yet? Or any info on what show was filmed?
Justin..Both Malcolm and Angus said on a TV interview there will be a Black Ice DVD..but didnt get into any detail about it.

Date: May 27, 2010 12:22

The upcoming live DVD was shot over 3 nights at River Plate stadium Buenos Aires (or whatever its called)

Probably be out after tour wraps up in August ish

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2080
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home