Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The Rolling Stones will play at your wedding for only $9 million
Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: August 28, 2009 23:26

Just read this in The rock Radio.Com

The Rolling Stones will play at your wedding for only $9 million
Good news if you're looking for a wedding band for your upcoming nuptials; the Rolling Stones are open for engagements -- providing you have an extra $9 million. Examiner.com reported that British TV show Four Weddings posted a survey of A-listers who'll play your party for the right price. The report stated that, providing they're already on tour, Mick, Keith, and the boys are ready and willing to play your private party. Back in 2002 the Stones played their first private party, performing an abbreviated 90-minute set.

Although her shows are infrequent, Madonna is reportedly the highest priced star playing private parties. In 2008 she reportedly scored $12 million for two private gigs in Dubai -- $7.5 million for a full production concert and another $5 million to perform at a private party.

Elton John will also perform at private shows, with his going rate a slightly better bargain that will only set you back a cool $3 to $4 million.

The breakdown for high-profile private performances is:
1. The Rolling Stones (up to $9 million)
2. Elton John (up to $3.6 million)
3. Kylie Minogue (up to $3 million)
4. Christina Aguilera (up to $2.2 million)
5. George Michael ($2 million)
6. Amy Winehouse ($1.8 million)
7. Paul McCartney ($1.8 million)
8. Leona Lewis ($1.8 million)
9. Jennifer Lopez ($1.8 million)
10. Barry Manilow ($1.7 million)
11. Rod Stewart ($1.3 million)
12. Duran Duran ($800,000)

Re: The Rolling Stones will play at your wedding for only $9 million
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 28, 2009 23:32

Does that mean that for a mere 4 mill. bucks, I could get both Xtina and J-Lo to do butt-dances in front of me while singing about their bodies? I'd sure take Palmela out while watching them.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 29, 2009 02:10

You don't have to spend $9 million to have the Stones play at your wedding. Seriously. Just wait until they announce a date in your town, get tickets to the show, and then you and your sweetie make plans to get married on the day of the concert. My wife and I actually considered planning our wedding around a Stones concert. We didn't, but we thought about it. As things turned out, Brian Wilson unknowingly got to be our wedding singer. Unknowingly at the time. He knows about it now!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-29 02:12 by tatters.

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: August 29, 2009 02:25

I wonder what the wedding party pay if I turned flips or flapped around like a fish?

Not bad at all for a wedding band.

CBII

Date: August 29, 2009 02:26

JumpingKentFlash
Does that mean that for a mere 4 mill. bucks, I could get both Xtina and J-Lo to do butt-dances in front of me while singing about their bodies? I'd sure take Palmela out while watching them.

I'm there dude!

CBII

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: August 29, 2009 03:03

I'll be shocked if they ever play together again.

Date: August 29, 2009 03:08

It will happen at some point. Too much fun for them and WAY too much money to be made.

CBII

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: August 29, 2009 05:40

disgrace if you ask me

Posted by: boogie69 ()
Date: August 29, 2009 07:55

Although her shows are infrequent, Madonna is reportedly the highest priced star playing private parties. In 2008 she reportedly scored $12 million for two private gigs in Dubai -- $7.5 million for a full production concert and another $5 million to perform at a private party.

What a f-ucking hypocrite! She preaches equality and civil rights, then does private concerts for a sickening amount of money in a country run by batshit crazy, religious nutbags that treat their women like crap, and have possible ties to terrorist groups. Further proof that everyone has a price when it comes to putting their morals and beliefs aside for money.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: August 29, 2009 08:04

Madonna is so pathetic, she should have married Bono, a perfect match.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 29, 2009 08:04

If I had $9 million or $18 million I wouldn't hire the Stones - I'd want a good band to play my wedding, one that doesn't flop through their obscure songs (Sway from the Bang tour or She Was Hot from Shine A Light) and one that doesn't play their hits without any passion or authority (JJF in Shine A Light is a good example).

In fact, if I wanted the Stones to play my wedding I'd just put on an album and laugh.

Date: August 29, 2009 09:00

sdstonesguy
I'll be shocked if they ever play together again.

Well get ready to be shocked!

Date: August 29, 2009 09:01

skipstone
If I had $9 million or $18 million I wouldn't hire the Stones - I'd want a good band to play my wedding, one that doesn't flop through their obscure songs (Sway from the Bang tour or She Was Hot from Shine A Light) and one that doesn't play their hits without any passion or authority (JJF in Shine A Light is a good example).

In fact, if I wanted the Stones to play my wedding I'd just put on an album and laugh.

You have got it bad havn't you?

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: August 29, 2009 09:10

Regarding that list:
I'm shocked what has become of our beloved rock'n'roll . . . its beyond selling out, they are whores! Absolutely disgusting. What a turn off.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: August 29, 2009 09:18

Does that include VAT?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 29, 2009 09:24

Nah, pgarof, just being realistic, that's all.

Now, if it was Licks, Bridges or Bleed or the Soup touring band? Oh yeah.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 29, 2009 10:58

... and then you and your sweetie make plans to get married on the day of the concert ...

That's what we did. Bridges to Babylon Tour. 5 Shows in Amsterdam. We got married the day of the 1st show. The Stones played at our wedding reception later that evening. About 50.000 guests. Man, what a party that was smoking smiley

During that tour the Stones also had that web-vote thingy. Through our internet connections we managed to get "Memory Motel" voted to be played that evening. Because of the immense amount of votes for that song, it even got in the Dutch newspapers that they thought the vote was sabotaged. Well, actually it was LOL

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: August 29, 2009 13:04

9 millions dollars for the band ? How much for Jagger only? And then the wedding i cancelled....

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 29, 2009 16:25

Rolling Hansie
... and then you and your sweetie make plans to get married on the day of the concert ...

That's what we did. Bridges to Babylon Tour. 5 Shows in Amsterdam. We got married the day of the 1st show. The Stones played at our wedding reception later that evening. About 50.000 guests. Man, what a party that was smoking smiley

During that tour the Stones also had that web-vote thingy. Through our internet connections we managed to get "Memory Motel" voted to be played that evening. Because of the immense amount of votes for that song, it even got in the Dutch newspapers that they thought the vote was sabotaged. Well, actually it was LOL

------------------

It was during that same tour that my wife and I almost "hired" the Stones for our wedding, too. Maybe just as well we didn't since the concert in question was the one at the Silverdome in Detroit, Dec. 2, 1997. That was the night some guy was dancing on the railing at the edge of the stadium's upper level and slipped and fell to his death. I saw him flying through the air out of the corner of my eye and thought "I couldn't possibly have just seen what I think I just saw" but I did. Terrible thing to have happen at your wedding party.

I think we made a good choice with Brian Wilson. It was a small theatre show in 1999, the first solo concert he ever played. We got tickets, and then I suggested we get married that same day. Pretty cool to hear songs like Wouldn't It Be Nice, God Only Knows, and Add Some Music (they'll play it on your wedding day) performed live ON your wedding day by the man who wrote them. It was just last November that Brian returned to that very same theatre and I got to meet him at a pre-show CD signing. I told him that my wife and I had gotten married on the day of his very first solo concert because we wanted to hear his music on the day we got married. He looked up and smiled, which doesn't sound like much, but it was more of a reaction than I saw him give to anyone else that day. People were like "Did you see that? He LOOKED at you!" LOL Jeff Foskett, who was standing next to Brian quizzed me on the date, which of course, I knew. Later that night at the show, just before the encore, Jeff came out on stage alone and told the story I had told Brian!

Probably lots of Beatles fans have planned weddings around Paul McCartney concerts. I once saw a guy get ENGAGED at a McCartney show. This was something that was all carefully planned in advace. They posted on Paul's message board, saying that they planned to do this, telling Paul they would be holding up a sign, letting him know that it was them, so he would know exactly where they were sitting. If nothing else, it proved that Paul, or someone close to him, actually does read his message board because at the show, which I attended, they held up the sign, and Paul, who had just played Eleanor Rigby (all the lonely people) spotted them, and then said "What's this? You're getting engaged? Here? Tonight?" And then Paul got down on one knee and instructed the guy to get down on one knee and do it the right way. They got engaged, and then Paul played "Too Many People", a song that's supposedly about John and Yoko. During Hey Jude, after Paul did the bit where he asks all the women to sing, and then he asks all the men to sing, he asked JUST the engaged couple to sing, which was pretty funny, because, of course, you couldn't hear anything, just the music.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-29 17:59 by tatters.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: August 29, 2009 17:44

Are you telling me that Barry manilow is more expensive to get then Rod Stewart?!?!?!?!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 29, 2009 17:47

Great story tatters, thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: August 29, 2009 17:58

I hope you're right CB...but if they try to charge me $300 to see them, I think I'll sit this one out (well, knowing me, I'll still make one gig). Huge venues with huge prices to see 70yo rockers would be a bit much for me. 60yo rockers for $100...now that was the ticket!

Date: August 30, 2009 01:10

We all have heard of these sort of things over the years - haven't we?
http://www.10news.com/news/1999432/detail.html?&1234

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: August 30, 2009 08:55

Getting married seems like a hefty price to pay for a Stones concert.

I wonder what kind of rate they'd charge to serenade a hooker?

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: August 30, 2009 10:39

cirrhosis
Getting married seems like a hefty price to pay for a Stones concert.

I wonder what kind of rate they'd charge to serenade a hooker?

You got that right. So if the Stones are willing to drop the getting married requirement and some of us chip in, we can have them where and when we want.

The 9 million probably is negtioable.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 30, 2009 12:34

9.000.000 $

If you invite 500.000 friends on your wedding and ask them to pay 20$ each you'll make 1.000.000 profit

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 31, 2009 04:50

JumpingKentFlash

Why don't you just rent a movie. It's cheaper.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Tiggerstail ()
Date: August 31, 2009 06:50

So if I hire them do I get to do shots of Jack with Keef and Ronnie after the show?

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 31, 2009 08:13

sweetcharmedlife
JumpingKentFlash

Why don't you just rent a movie. It's cheaper.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
I have already tried whacking off to The Biggest Bang box set. It doesn't do it for me. But it did get juicy when that Brazilian worker said "Bunda".

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: August 31, 2009 08:53

you forgot to mention that Elton gives his $$ to a charity...

Would the Stones donate $$ to a charity ? I doubt it...even if $9 million is the biggest joke ever!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1944
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home