Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith Richards Nice 1971
Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: May 24, 2010 11:34

Re: Keith Richards Nice 1971
Posted by: LieB ()
Date: May 24, 2010 12:24

That's an awesome interview! Nice atmosphere, and Keith is very articulate.

Funny how he thought rock 'n' roll and recording techniques were getting too clean by then. Boy, if he had known what it would be 40 years later...

Date: May 24, 2010 12:39

That woman's question about Deep Purple is absolutely ridiculous, however. "A very dishonest band". LOL. And Keith goes on about how the radio is still "anti Rolling Stones". My god ... he didn't know they were darlings of the press, did he?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 24, 2010 14:34

Interesting that Keith says Bobby is the re-incarnation of Brian.

Posted by: jigsawp ()
Date: May 24, 2010 15:22

Thanks for sharing!The old stuff is the best stuff!!

Posted by: theanchorman ()
Date: May 24, 2010 22:32

LieB
That woman's question about Deep Purple is absolutely ridiculous, however. "A very dishonest band". LOL.

I think the girl commenting throughout the interview was Anita, no?
Cool interview though - apparently conducted at Nellcote. You can hear Bobby Keys playing a live copy of Midnight Rambler

Posted by: Beaver ()
Date: May 24, 2010 23:41

The lady commenting is a Swedish Radio journalist. It's said in Swedish at the beginning.
Good fun to hear KR being so clear and articulatesmoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-24 23:42 by Beaver.

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: May 25, 2010 03:02

Anyone recognize the Midnight Rambler tape in the background? Seems to be from 1971.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 25, 2010 09:33

thanks for posting this - now can some technologically gifted person tell me what i need to do to save it?
or if someone feels like uploading it somewhere in easily-savable form that would be way cool too
please and thank you kindly either way ...

Date: May 25, 2010 10:37

Smokey
Anyone recognize the Midnight Rambler tape in the background? Seems to be from 1971.
Yeah, it sounded pretty cool!

Posted by: parislocksmith ()
Date: May 25, 2010 12:17

[www.megaupload.com]

[www.iorr.org]

in loving memory of the baboon

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 25, 2010 13:04

thanks parislocksmith!

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: May 25, 2010 22:40

I think it should be from 72, how could he envision a Japan tour in 71?

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: June 2, 2010 22:10

This is classic Keith before the junk and the cliches took over. The personality he exhibits in the interview- very lucid, down to earth and sensible -if only he could have stayed on that path.

Posted by: StrawberryFields ()
Date: June 2, 2010 22:39

Vem är den gäckande skuggan?!?

Posted by: fuman ()
Date: June 3, 2010 01:58

Smokey

Sounded familiar. Sure was good quality.
Was it Leeds?

Date: June 3, 2010 02:00

LieB
That woman's question about Deep Purple is absolutely ridiculous, however. "A very dishonest band". LOL. And Keith goes on about how the radio is still "anti Rolling Stones". My god ... he didn't know they were darlings of the press, did he?

Dishonest? I don't get the reference.

Deep Purple was made up of great musicians.
Wonder what they meant by dishonest . . .

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: June 3, 2010 07:16

fuman
Smokey

Was it Leeds?

I thought Leeds had a different Taylor solo, beginning with three notes repeated many times before going into a held bend. Maybe some day you can show us . . .

By the way, I think this shows the band was taping their shows at least as far back as 1971. Perhaps some day they'll figure out a way to release the tapes.

Posted by: kater-v ()
Date: June 3, 2010 09:54

Thank you very much for sharing!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 3, 2010 10:50

StrawberryFields
Vem är den gäckande skuggan?!?

Något av Stieg Trenter?

Date: June 3, 2010 17:01

Smokey
fuman
Smokey

Was it Leeds?

I thought Leeds had a different Taylor solo, beginning with three notes repeated many times before going into a held bend. Maybe some day you can show us . . .

By the way, I think this shows the band was taping their shows at least as far back as 1971. Perhaps some day they'll figure out a way to release the tapes.

I with ya on that one. They might have all shows in a vault somewhere.

The solo on MR sounds familiar to me. There were only a handful of '71's, right?

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 3, 2010 17:23

fuman
Smokey
fuman
Smokey

Was it Leeds?

The solo on MR sounds familiar to me. There were only a handful of '71's, right?

It's just not fair that only the Stones themselves can enjoy the best live music they ever played in a such good sound quality. We should be able to enjoy it too. It was the most interesting part of the whole interview but difficult to identify it. Not Leeds or Marquee imo. Maybe Roundhouse. Just guessing now.

Date: June 3, 2010 18:12

bustedtrousers
This is classic Keith before the junk and the cliches took over. The personality he exhibits in the interview- very lucid, down to earth and sensible -if only he could have stayed on that path.

Agreed!
The well known interviews from Australia '73 and Old Grey Whistle Test '74 displays very much of this character too, but he's obviously more fragile and low-key on those occasions, as if his junk habit had sucked some of his energy out of him.

Date: June 3, 2010 18:30

kleermaker
fuman
Smokey
fuman
Smokey

Was it Leeds?

It's just not fair that only the Stones themselves can enjoy the best live music they ever played in a such good sound quality. We should be able to enjoy it too. It was the most interesting part of the whole interview but difficult to identify it. Not Leeds or Marquee imo. Maybe Roundhouse. Just guessing now.

I think it's very different for them, because they're creating this music that we here love so much. I gotta think they're heads are in a much different place. I doubt they listen to the old stuff very often, but I could be wrong. It must be a completely different thing for them. That MR was "in the moment", so I see how they would want to hear it at the time. "How'd we sound last night" kinda thing.

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: June 3, 2010 20:43

LieB
bustedtrousers

Agreed!
The well known interviews from Australia '73 and Old Grey Whistle Test '74 displays very much of this character too, but he's obviously more fragile and low-key on those occasions, as if his junk habit had sucked some of his energy out of him.

It's hard for me to listen or watch an interview with him nowadays. He seems to buy into his own legend too much, and is too often trying to say something quotable, whereas back in the day he just did it. Print interviews are a bit easier to get through, but it's the writers in those that kill it for me. It's always several paragraphs full of cliches about Keith and his legend leading up to the interview. It just ruins it for me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1405
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home