Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Favourite 'one-liners' from a Live Album
Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: August 10, 2010 17:27

drinking a few beers, smoking a few joints, I hope that you're allright

Still Life

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: August 10, 2010 17:48

Do the "Horrendous" to that if you can!

Posted by: ricardosanchez ()
Date: August 10, 2010 18:24

Wanna say hello?

Hello...

He speaks!!!

Posted by: ricardosanchez ()
Date: August 10, 2010 18:25

Now I would like to sing... but Mick won't let me!!!

Charlie Watts - Olympia 2003

Posted by: chrismusic ()
Date: August 10, 2010 20:09

Did you have to pay much for the ticket?

Oh Well, I didn't have to pay much...

-intro to All Down the Line Passaic, NJ '78

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: August 10, 2010 20:52

'Bill just wants to take photographs of girls legs.' LYL

Posted by: redsock ()
Date: August 10, 2010 23:42

redsock
I know it's edited on the album, but thinking about the Stones and Jagger in 1969, how he oozed sex and commanded every inch of the stage with ease, this cannot be topped:

"I think I busted a button on my trousers. ... Hope they don't fall down ... You don't want my trousers to fall down, now do ya?"

It is beyond brilliant. It's as great as some of the actual songs on Ya-Yas.

I visited this thread last night, but couldn't remember where I left off, so I started towards the beginning. I'm skimming along, read the above, and thought "Wow, that guy's right on. I totally agree!"

Then I see that the guy that wrote it was me.

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: August 11, 2010 07:29

I can't remember but there is something great from a live jefferson airplane album... think it's from bless it's pointed little head...

Any help?

Might have to drag out all my old J.A. ALBUMS

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: August 11, 2010 07:37

"No, it wasn't the airplanes... 'twas Beauty killed the Beast!"

(Is that what you're thinking of? That's from the intro -- KING KONG.)

It's not on an album but I recall reading a review of a Joni Mitchell concert in the mid-70s when someone yelled out for "White Rabbit". Joni's response:

"I may be getting slick, but I'm not *that* Slick!"

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: August 11, 2010 07:39

Fvck off my @#$%& stage. The Next person that jumps up here is gonna get it. I mean it. don't @#$%& cheer-Pete Townshend Woodstock (Or something like that after hitting Abbit Hoffman)

Either sit down, or stand up, or lay down, but SHUTUP! This is @#$%& rock'n'roll concert, not a @#$%& tea party-Another gem from Townshend that opens up the 30 years set.

I'm smokin this cigar because I'm a proud father for the second time. (some banter from the crowd) I've had more fvcks than you have mate. When you catch up, come around-Townshend again at the Young Vic 1971

Are there any paranoids in the audience tonight? Is there anyone who worries about things? Are there are any weak people in the audience tonight (cheering) Pathetic.
-Roger Waters, the Wall Live.

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: August 11, 2010 07:55

There you go! Thank you Glam!

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: August 11, 2010 09:13

Happy Jack
Fvck off my @#$%& stage. The Next person that jumps up here is gonna get it. I mean it. don't @#$%& cheer-Pete Townshend Woodstock (Or something like that after hitting Abbit Hoffman)

Either sit down, or stand up, or lay down, but SHUTUP! This is @#$%& rock'n'roll concert, not a @#$%& tea party-Another gem from Townshend that opens up the 30 years set.

I'm smokin this cigar because I'm a proud father for the second time. (some banter from the crowd) I've had more fvcks than you have mate. When you catch up, come around-Townshend again at the Young Vic 1971

Are there any paranoids in the audience tonight? Is there anyone who worries about things? Are there are any weak people in the audience tonight (cheering) Pathetic.
-Roger Waters, the Wall Live.

To keep the Townshend motif alive, I have a boot from Boston 1979 where someone threw a firecracker onstage after Baba O'Riley. Pete then yells, "The next person that throws one of those, I'm walking off this stage and I'm not coming back! Come up here! Come up here! I'll stick those up your a**! You picked the wrong c***!"

Date: August 11, 2010 14:19

This ain't no fast food store, baby (Keith on the BB-tour)

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: August 11, 2010 23:51

its not on the licks version but first b stage number from msg jan /03 a snappin' version of only rock and roll...mick makes some kind of quasi football joke 'bout 'tight end' but when i see the tape of the actual live airing before mixed and/or re-edited for the licks live album, keith just SLASSSHHHEESSS into the opening chord figures in the middle of mick's announcement...just like, stfu here we are pow. unless o course he cduld'nt here mick or something. but i get the feelin' keith always knows where jags is at on stage; it's the pride of his professionalism in a way...what he said he had in common with george harrison...
anyway, more than mick's cute remark...i got off on the way keith just took total command. imo that ny 03 arena show one of the strongest, most engaging and truly rocking night of latter days stoneage...keith had a one liner of his own...crunch and crack baby here we go....they opened w sfm; you can tell from the getgo the band, imo, was ON...it was SOOOO good. i hated for that first number to ever end. it was really snapping like lightning with total big guitar crunch...

Posted by: DD ()
Date: August 12, 2010 02:00

Elvis, not sure exactly when (Vegas, early 70s probably), not sure of exact wording, but something like:

"BJ Thomas has a song out at the moment and...ah don't really like it..but ah'll sing it anyway".

Did this a few times did Elv, I think. If he didn't like a song, he'd tell the crowd before he performed it. Not a great means by which to excite the audience, I wouldn't have thought.

Declan

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: August 12, 2010 03:12

redsock
"New York City, you talk a lot, let's have a look at ya"

I know it's edited on the album, but thinking about the Stones and Jagger in 1969, how he oozed sex and commanded every inch of the stage with ease, this cannot be topped:

"I think I busted a button on my trousers. ... Hope they don't fall down ... You don't want my trousers to fall down, now do ya?"

It is beyond brilliant. It's as great as some of the actual songs on Ya-Yas.

I agree wholeheartedly. Both of these, along with the "bottom pincher" from Love You Live are my all-time favorites.

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: August 12, 2010 03:25

treaclefingers
Here are a few to get things rolling....

"I think I bust a button on me trousers..."

"Charlie's Good Tonight innee?"

"....and ole 'bums rush' Jagger here"

"Paint it black...Paint it black you devil"

D'oh! You got to all my favorites first!

I also like "Thank you, thank you, kindly" from Ya-Yas.

What recording is "bums rush Jagger" from? All the others are from Ya-Yas, is it also?

(I was going to say "where is bums rush Jagger from", but Rockman or some other comedian would surely of replied back with something along the lines of, "Dartford, Kent, England", "Your Mom's house", or some other equally witty retort spinning smiley sticking its tongue out ).

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 12, 2010 03:34

All that you mentioned before.

And..........Welcome To The Breakfast Show...........back then I thought Mick said "Welcome to the Bricklayer Show" Bricklayers=(Stones) always find that funny so when he says Breakfast I still hear Bricklayer

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: August 12, 2010 12:55

"Philly huh? Smells the same"

Keef at Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia 10/12/97.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: August 12, 2010 20:32

Mike Ness -
Let's do this!"

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: August 12, 2010 20:48

Before "Tumbling Dice" during the Hampton Roads '81 PPV concert...

"All right Virginia, let's roll on down! Shhhhhhhhit...let's go. Roads, roads, roads, roads, roads...I wish I were nude."

(don't know if he's saying "roads, roads" or "roll, roll" -- whatever the case, the "wish I were nude" part has been a classic ever since I first heard it on the radio the night of the broadcast.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-12 20:49 by Jah Paul.

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: August 12, 2010 22:22

"Welcome to the Breakfast show" right before JJF in Gimme Shelter (made my own soundtrack - which by the way preserves the properly sung chorus)
Then "We're just gonna wake up" after it right before the smoking Satisfaction. An unbelievable 1-2 punch!

T@3

Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: August 13, 2010 02:12

"Alright, let's cut out the crap, let's go"
-Keith Richards, Flashpoint

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 13, 2010 06:57

Hey I wasn't that good.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1435
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home