Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones ever perform YCAGWYW with a choir live?
Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: May 21, 2010 04:33

My parents were big Rolling Stones fans. In the late 60's when I was 7-8 years old, my favorite song was "You Can't Always Get What You Want" but not the short version; the full blown version with the choir intro. Ever since then, they've been my close companion through life. I was watching the U2 film a while back and saw U2 doing "I Still Haven't Found What I was Looking for" with a Gospel Choir and had two thoughts - First: Hey - didn't they kind of steal the choir idea AND basically the theme?? Second: The Stones should have a choir come on some night and recreate the original version of "You Can't.." Have they ever done that? Do you think it would work or would it be be too hokey?

Re: Stones ever perform YCAGWYW with a choir live?
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 21, 2010 04:38

I think if they had, we'd have at least seen a pic or a bootleg or something.

My guess is no.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: May 21, 2010 04:49

personally i never thought the song sounded good live

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: May 21, 2010 04:54

Well, there are many that are better live, but I always thought the crowd singing it was fun.

>>>>>>>>>>Re: Stones ever perform YCAGWYW with a choir live? Posted by: >>>>>>>>>>ghostryder13 ()
>>>>>>>>>>Date: May 21, 2010 04:49

>>>>>>>>>>personally i never thought the song sounded good live

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: May 21, 2010 05:00

well i do like the rock and roll circus version

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 21, 2010 05:06

Love it live, especially 72. And love the full studio version from Let it Bleed.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 21, 2010 06:56

ghostryder13
personally i never thought the song sounded good live

You don't like the '73 live rendition? It's not a faithful version of the studio record, but they took it to another place entirely. Amazing guitar by Keith, chopping funky chords behind Taylor's solo. Plus there's Bobby Keys. Best version they ever did.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 21, 2010 11:03

Jagger had the best choir possible for YCAGWYW during the 1981 tour

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 21, 2010 15:39

I love it live, was one of the highlights of the ABB tour for me, as that was the first time that I ever actually heard it live. Everytime I hear it now, all I think of is Mick standing in the middle of the stadium with 40,000 fans surrounding him, he swaying back and forth with his arms in the air the way he does it, and all of us singing it back to him. FANTASTIC moment!!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 21, 2010 18:36

Lynd8
My parents were big Rolling Stones fans. In the late 60's when I was 7-8 years old, my favorite song was "You Can't Always Get What You Want" but not the short version; the full blown version with the choir intro. Ever since then, they've been my close companion through life. I was watching the U2 film a while back and saw U2 doing "I Still Haven't Found What I was Looking for" with a Gospel Choir and had two thoughts - First: Hey - didn't they kind of steal the choir idea AND basically the theme?? Second: The Stones should have a choir come on some night and recreate the original version of "You Can't.." Have they ever done that? Do you think it would work or would it be be too hokey?

No. And No.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1473
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home