Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith - Drinking & Fishing
Posted by: gagi ()
Date: June 28, 2009 22:32

New Keith pics

Re: Keith - Drinking & Fishing
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 28, 2009 22:41

That looks like Venezia. Wonder if he caught those himself?

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: June 28, 2009 22:44

I remember these. Thre actually quite old?? Any info...

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: June 28, 2009 22:44

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-19 13:02 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 28, 2009 22:50

UrbanSteel
gagi
New Keith pics

Source ROCKS OFF ?

Yes,that was recently posted on Rocks Off. From Martha's VIneyard apparently.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 28, 2009 22:52

Measurement of fish caught: one Keith !

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: June 28, 2009 22:55

on the 2nd photo he looks like a Russian army officer :-) the hat I suppose.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 28, 2009 23:14

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 28, 2009 23:18

erikjjf

A real fisherman holds them up by the gills. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: django ()
Date: June 28, 2009 23:18

EXCERPTED FROM THIS....
A conversation with Buddy Vanderhoop
[www.mvmagazine.com]

I’ve heard some stories about you and Keith Richards. Care to share?
I’ve known Keith for thirty years: We used to party at the Outermost Inn back in the late seventies. About five years ago, Keith came back to the Island, and I was up at my mom’s restaurant, the Aquinnah Shop, and Keith was walking down from the overlook with a bunch of his friends from London, and he says, “Buddy! Buddy Vanderhoop! What are you doing? I’m here for the whole summer. Let’s go fishing.” So Keith shows up at my boat at 7 a.m., and he’s got a ten-ounce cup in his hand. I say, “What’s in the cup, Keith?” He says [attempting a British accent], “Oh, vodka and grapefruit. Grapefruit’s a morning drink, you know.”

So we went out, we started catching lots of fish, and after every fish he caught, he’d have a cocktail. By the time we got back to the dock at noontime, he was plastered. I have pictures of him laying down on the dock with the fish, with a big shit-eatin’ grin on his face with his cocktail. [Laughing.]

After I filleted their fish, he said, “Buddy, this afternoon, I’m going to freak you out.” I said, “I don’t think so, I’m going to be out fishing.” And he said, “You’ll see.”

I didn’t think anything about it. I got my clients on the boat, we left, and we started catching fish. I was fishing right at the end of Zack’s Cliffs [in Aquinnah], and all of a sudden, around the bend of Squibnocket Point, comes this – I think it was an early 1940s vintage B-17 bomber. My clients were still in the back fishing, and all of a sudden the plane goes into a dive and came within probably one hundred feet of my antenna, and then the pilot crammed all the power of the four engines, and it made such a roar when it buzzed that my clients all hit the deck. Keith Richards was in the front glass gun turret, laughing his ass off, and his son Marlon was in the gun turret on the top, and his friends from London were in the gun turret in the back, and they were just cracking up. They buzzed me four times. It was – pretty unique. It had never happened to me before.

Or since, probably.
Right. When he’s here I go over to his house for dinner three or four times. Very dedicated family man, does a lot of things with his kids. He wanted to go fishing with me last year, but it was the end of their tour, and Mick [Jagger] said, “No, we have to practice.” I said, “Practice? You been playing that same stuff for forty years!”

Is it true there’s some interest in your doing a television show together?
Keith wants to do a fishing show with me off the Great Barrier Reef. He wants to catch great white sharks – he just wants to catch and release. So it’s in the works with Trevor Gowdy.

And now, one of my best friends has just recently been promoted to head producer of ESPN-East, James Ebron. This isn’t in stone yet, but [fishing charter captain] Jennifer Clarke and I are going to do a show together with ESPN with the Boston Red Sox. I’m going to take out the players and she’s going to take out their wives. We’re going to have a competition

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: June 29, 2009 00:11

KEITH is looking healthy!!

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: June 29, 2009 09:13

Incredibly funny, WWII bombers, sharks but the funniest is this one:

He wanted to go fishing with me last year, but it was the end of their tour, and Mick [Jagger] said, “No, we have to practice.” I said, “Practice? You been playing that same stuff for forty years!”

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: June 29, 2009 11:41

It's from that Martha's Vineyard holliday! When they stayed next door to James Taylor's home. 2005, I think? Before tour opening in Boston?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 29, 2009 21:46

“Oh, vodka and grapefruit. Grapefruit’s a morning drink, you know.”

No, Keith doesn't have a drinking problem......

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 29, 2009 22:32

The life of a Rolling Stone looks pretty damn good to me!
Keep smiling and keep going...

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: June 30, 2009 01:21

catch and release great white sharks? how does one remove the hook without being bitten?

i'm not a fan of the catch and release - doing damage and causing pain/stress in another individual for fun?

Date: June 30, 2009 03:15

Right. Sharks and fish don't feel pain. That's why the Japs cut their fins off and let them sink to the bottom and die for their shitty soup. Because it's not their problem.

Date: June 30, 2009 10:25

yup...though i thought it was chinese soup. i witnessed a huge chinese wedding party eat it in malaysia. our hosts were nice enough to create the tofu version for us...

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: June 30, 2009 11:24

skipstone
“Oh, vodka and grapefruit. Grapefruit’s a morning drink, you know.”

No, Keith doesn't have a drinking problem......

Might I remind you this is a clip that's several years old. The drinking's been dramatically reduced. Due to the medication he's on - sort of a "bloodthinner".
Although shis has been written here on the board before, some people just love hanging on to the old "pirate-drinkingbinge-image" he used to have.

Posted by: KingBeeCologne ()
Date: June 30, 2009 18:42

Hey CrawlingKingSnake!

back on the board again, hoping for more to come soon!!!!

Raw Iguana

Posted by: Taylor Era ()
Date: June 30, 2009 18:51

''By the time we got back to the dock at noontime, he was plastered''

..thats good news, it means his liver is still functioning (somehow)

Date: June 30, 2009 21:46

You don't see the humour in saying Keith doesn't have a drinking problem? Come on!

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: June 30, 2009 22:44

One old man having lots of fun fishing,somehow l think touring may not be a priority now days for Keith....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 30, 2009 23:59

I get the impression some of you think these are recent pics & story.
well, they are NOT!

Addicted, you're saying 2005, right?
I'm wondering if they're even from the Licks tour 2002/2003 - you know, those boots and bomber jacket 'n all.

Ok, someone pin point the right date, please.

Posted by: EST62 ()
Date: July 1, 2009 00:11

Old or not it's a cool pic. I've never seen it before. Maybe MJ should have spent a little time "drinking and fishing" might still be here today.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 1, 2009 09:00

little queenie
yup...though i thought it was chinese soup. i witnessed a huge chinese wedding party eat it in malaysia. our hosts were nice enough to create the tofu version for us...

how berkeley

Date: July 1, 2009 09:34

timbernardis
little queenie

how berkeley

actually, kuala lumpur-ian...

my two cents about the pics of keith - i love them. hate the fishing context though. great smile.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 1, 2009 10:09

>> Ok, someone pinpoint the right date, please. <<

well ... that similar shot that erikjjf posted was in my files marked "2004 probably", but i'm not sure what that was based on.
the interview with Vanderhoop is dated 2009 and he says "about five years ago".
until further notice 2004/05 seems plausible, but yeah it would be cool to narrow it down.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1709
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home