Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O/T Springsteen 16-4-2009 soundboard release ?
Posted by: kees ()
Date: June 21, 2009 14:22

LA 16-4-2009 is a stunning release by GF records and promoted by some dealers as a soundboard. Can somebody confirm this or is it a excellent audience? If so, it is probably one of the best audience recordings ever taped in an arena by someone.

Re: O/T Springsteen 16-4-2009 soundboard release ?
Posted by: OhNoNotMeAgain ()
Date: June 21, 2009 14:37

Audience recording / "wireless/audience matrix mix" (whatever that means), definitely NOT from the soundboard. BTW, this show has also just been released by Crystal Cat as "L.A. Working On A Dream Night" in apparently very slightly upgraded form, but still based on the previously circulating "fan-made" audio. I hear that sound quality is exceptional, although Bruce had some problems with his voice that night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-21 14:37 by OhNoNotMeAgain.

Date: June 21, 2009 14:46

he does have some voice problems indeed I do recognize listening to the record right now.

But I found it strange that the audience is hardly audieable whereas each instrument can be heard in even the smallest detail.

A 10/10 for the sound.

Posted by: OhNoNotMeAgain ()
Date: June 21, 2009 15:00

Haven't heard it thus far, but that's all the background info I can give you, kees.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: June 21, 2009 16:11

Its a superb wireless and aud matrix that was given away freely on the net.Link was previously provided on Hot Stuff. See:

[www.iorr.org]

Date: June 21, 2009 17:05

what means 'wireless' and 'aud matrix'.....?

Date: June 21, 2009 17:19

I guess "assisted listening device" and/or "in ear monitors" (check Urban Steels posts-he explains it all in depth. Aud matrix(from what I understand) would be a combination of the wireless and aud sources "synched"and mixed to run at the same speed and pitch to give you a fuller listening experience.

Date: June 21, 2009 17:55

thanks !

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 21, 2009 18:57

kees
he does have some voice problems indeed I do recognize listening to the record right now.

But I found it strange that the audience is hardly audieable whereas each instrument can be heard in even the smallest detail.

A 10/10 for the sound.

Yeah I was there and he had a cold that night. That's why he had a few vocal problems.Espicially on Thunder Road during the encore. But the audience quickly jumped in and sang along. But at least on an audio bootleg,you don't have to watch him blow snotrockets all night long. The only downer of that show.lol.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: bcpkid ()
Date: June 27, 2009 03:53

DO NOT buy either the GF or CC version of this show! The original matrix was made by a fan as a free gift to other fans, and the vulture bootleggers stole his recording and either released it as is (GF) or compressed the hell out of it (CC) to make the almighty buck. The recording is still available on DIME as a torrent, search for the date.

Date: June 27, 2009 04:46

Here it is in FLAC and credit where credit is due(just passing it on and dont want to bring any undue attention to anyone!)

[www.megaupload.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 27, 2009 12:14

"compressed the hell out of it (CC) to make the almighty buck"
Bcplid can you explan? Sounds very interesting...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1623
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home