Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - RIP Sky Saxon from The Seeds
Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: June 25, 2009 21:50

Pushin' Too Hard - what a classic 60s garage band tune.

Rest in Peace.

[www.spinner.com]|main|dl1|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spinner.com%2F2009%2F06%2F25%2Fseeds-frontman-sky-saxon-dies-in-austin%2F

Re: OT - RIP Sky Saxon from The Seeds
Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: June 26, 2009 00:00

Sad news

That band did some great stuff. I like that Future lp
Can't Seem To Make You Mine is a classic. Check out Johnny Thunders' cover of it on Copy Cats

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: June 26, 2009 00:25

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: June 26, 2009 01:53

Gonna be mighty crowded on the obit page tomorrow!

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: June 26, 2009 02:00

Mongoose
Pushin' Too Hard - what a classic 60s garage band tune.

Rest in Peace.

[www.spinner.com]|main|dl1|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spinner.com%2F2009%2F06%2F25%2Fseeds-frontman-sky-saxon-dies-in-austin%2F

Don´t steal Helter´s thunder...

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 26, 2009 02:04

I had actually been thinking about going to see him this summer. He was supposed to be touring with members of the Electric Prunes and the Love band as part of a "California '66" package tour. Would have been fun.

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: June 26, 2009 03:44

This is more upsetting than Micheal and Farrah passing away, what's goin on. I grew up with garage rock from the 60's; music made for the car radio ah yes those were the days.
Too soon gone. RIP.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: June 26, 2009 03:54

Here's another clip of Pushin' Too Hard

This was about 1968--two long years after "Pushin' Too Hard was a hit-- on the sitcom The Mothers-In-Law. They played a band called "The Warts." Sky's moves show a lot of Mick's influence.

A semi-hit not as well-known that got a lot of airplay on LA radio:

It was nice to hear the LA oldies station K-Earth take a break from their Michael Jackson marathon to play "Pushin' Too Hard" this afternoon

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-26 05:42 by loog droog.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: June 26, 2009 06:03

Saw these guys a couple of times in LA in the late '60's. I always liked them. RIP Sky . . . .

I think he picked the wrong day to pass away though. It is hugely overshadowed by the other deaths today.

Posted by: hutz13 ()
Date: June 26, 2009 06:49

Loved the Seeds ... RIP Sky

Ultimate Rock Music Poll
[www.squidoo.com]

Posted by: moosman ()
Date: June 26, 2009 07:00

When I was a kid, my sister dated Sky. One night, my dad came home and found the singer's car in the driveway, Now, Sky had been officially banned from our house for one crime or another. So my father parked behind him, blocking him in. Sky, fearing a showdown, kissed Sue, jumped off the couch, dove in his car and drove off across our front lawn, leaving a trail of mud in the green grass.

Let us also remember, that Saxon recorded a record, "A Spoonful Of Seedy Blues", with liner notes by Muddy Waters, who called The Seeds, "The American Rolin' Stones." Whether Muddy actually penned those words, is of course, open to dispute.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1722
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home