Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Travellin' Man
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: June 18, 2009 11:00

I listened the other day Trough The Vaults Darkly and Travellin'Man several times.

Was it ever been played on live ?
It would be really great to hear it on stage because the song is such an exiting moment .Rough as the 78 'tour.
What do you think ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-18 15:55 by SwayStones.

Re: Downtown Suzie
Posted by: slasausjes ()
Date: June 18, 2009 11:17

Never done live, thank god!

Re: Downtown Suzie
Date: June 18, 2009 15:59

slasausjes
Never done live, thank god!

Haha ...stupid me !I had to edit my thread title !
I just found out why I was mistaken ,and I understand now your answer,slasausjes !
When I downloaded Through The Vaults... the track 4 (Downtown Suzie )didn't work out and the it jumps immediately to track 5 ,that is to say "Travellin'Man".
I was a bit surprised beacause I didn't recongnize neither the song nor the lyrics but ..

So ,would you mind to answer me one more time ..now that I get the good song ?winking smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Re: Travellin' Man
Date: June 18, 2009 16:41

Travellin' man is THE BEST stones outtake, period. LOVE the guitars. Smoking hot!
It was on the very first boot I bought, after hearing that song, I got hooked on boots. Collect them eversince. So you can say that song is to blaim for my big stones collection and my small wallet.....

Date: June 18, 2009 18:40

slasausjes
Travellin' man is THE BEST stones outtake, period. LOVE the guitars. Smoking hot!
It was on the very first boot I bought, after hearing that song, I got hooked on boots. Collect them eversince. So you can say that song is to blaim for my big stones collection and my small wallet.....

Oh..this sounds nice !Always fond ofstories of the 1st time .
You understand now why I wanted so much to hear this number on stage.The guitars are really rough and hot !It reminds me the 78 tour sound.
Unfortunately ,I can't imagine Keith and his arthritis playing it again...sad smiley

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: June 18, 2009 18:40

I like the song too, obviously. But I've always wondered if they got the title and idea from the Ricky Nelson song.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: June 18, 2009 18:44

A great jam song and fun to play on guitar as well!

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: June 18, 2009 21:23

<You understand now why I wanted so much to hear this number on stage.>

So would I, but that band does not exist.

The guitars are really rough and hot !It reminds me the 78 tour sound.

Perhaps. A hint of what SG could have been with less strumming.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: June 18, 2009 21:43

it's a great song musically but you can tell that jagger was adlibbing lyrics still i think it's still my favorite unreleased song

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: June 18, 2009 22:15

first heard Travellin Man on the 2 lp boot The Trident Mixes...mail-ordered for it in the late '70s

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: June 18, 2009 22:59

That's where I heard it as well Stoner and I still have the LP, my first Stones boot!

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: June 18, 2009 23:42

ChrisM
That's where I heard it as well Stoner and I still have the LP, my first Stones boot!
Great that you kept your copy ChrisM....mine's long gone, but have the cd version...great stuff!...my 1st boot was Out On Bail...it had a bonus 45 on orange wax of Sweet Little Sixteen....how exiting to hear certain tours, when never hearing them before...and the anticipation and arrival of the record mailer loaded with bootleg vinyl.....kids in a candy store

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 19, 2009 01:39

Yeah it's a real rocking tune....unfortunately - "it goes nowhere"; which seems to be the in-term on IORR right now
But quite seriously.....it's missing a "piece" or something - but the "cooking" is present indeed

Date: June 20, 2009 09:24

i preffer the version with no fade in , i think it ruins the song

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: June 20, 2009 12:53

I would like to hear the version with no fade out, woud make the song even more excellent.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: June 20, 2009 13:19

i preffer the version with no fade in , i think it ruins the song

what ?????? so there is "no fade in version " ????????? where ?????

Date: June 20, 2009 13:36

Whoops! sorry my mistake, only the fade-in of course!
I'm not worthyconfused smiley

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: June 20, 2009 13:46

ok..spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: June 20, 2009 14:20

Would't it be great if we got to hear the full version?

Date: June 20, 2009 14:40

barbabang
Would't it be great if we got to hear the full version?

Is the version from "Gave You Diamonds, You Give Me Disease " much cleaner ? They are still fades in .

Date: June 20, 2009 15:19

I don't know Sway, I have Hillside Blues from VGP and that's good enough by me, that is,until a complete version shows upsmiling smiley

Date: June 21, 2009 21:26

It's on "Through The Vaults Darkly" but uploaded it for those who want it.
[www.mediafire.com]

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 22, 2009 01:08

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 22, 2009 02:34

There are actually two versions circulating, one is faded in and the other is cut in. The cut-in version is the more complete one, as some vocals are lost on the fade-in version. Makes me think no complete version exists, it sounds like its a spontaneous jam and the engineer or producer thought "better get the tape machine rolling because this sounds @#$%& amazing!".

Date: June 22, 2009 06:58

i'm forever glad that it was caught on tape, especially love playing it on road trips

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 22, 2009 09:24

I like it, it sounds good but it never does anything. Reminds me of Lynrd Skynrd - just long and boring.

Date: June 22, 2009 10:42

skipstone
I like it, it sounds good but it never does anything. Reminds me of Lynrd Skynrd - just long and boring.

For sure persistently continual (repetitive ) but I am sure on stage the guitars could make good work with it.

Posted by: turd ()
Date: June 22, 2009 15:54

Who's playing keyboards on this? They are quite upfront in the mix.

Date: June 22, 2009 16:02

Nicky on piano

Date: June 23, 2009 16:40

Lynyrd Skynyrd boring? that's blasphemy tongue sticking out smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1954
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home