Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: I got EXILE !
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: May 14, 2010 20:25

Too many "exile"-threads, now. just heard the "new" songs a few times...Awesome

under the boardwalk---down by the sea

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: May 14, 2010 23:49

UrbanSteel
sweet neo con
vox12string
Well done Urban, if anyone deserves it you do. I am VERY jealous

ditto

what was the "popquiz"??

Some questions about The Rolling Stones and special some Exile questions

i figured that..but can you be more specific? were you the smartest Stones aficionado in the room?

Congrats again..I'm sure your win was due to karma....for sharing bootlegs with us via the internet.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: May 15, 2010 00:13

good for you Jos you deserve all the luck for all your efforts on here for the rest of us and for having your you tube acount ripped out of service .

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: May 15, 2010 01:46

I've got it too.
Just listening now to the bonus tracks.

Mr.Fancyman

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 15, 2010 02:39

electricmud
Just read the liner notes. Even on this one : special thanks are going to... Matt Clifford! eye rolling smiley

... and to Matt Lee

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: May 15, 2010 03:34

Got the Super De-Luxe box and the regular vinyl today (friday) in Norway. (The record-shop called me up in the moment it arrived) Following the river is great!!!

Per-Arne

PS. The regular vinyl is not numbered.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-15 03:51 by Per-Arne.

Date: May 15, 2010 04:45

Per-Arne
Got the Super De-Luxe box and the regular vinyl today (friday) in Norway. (The record-shop called me up in the moment it arrived) Following the river is great!!!

Per-Arne

i thought SUPER deluxe included vinyl (& dvd)...???....and regular deluxe is Exile + 10 new ones.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 15, 2010 10:41

sweet neo con
Per-Arne

Per-Arne

i thought SUPER deluxe included vinyl (& dvd)...???....and regular deluxe is Exile + 10 new ones.

Correct

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: May 15, 2010 11:23

Just arrived in this mornings post and have played all the new songs once. Absolutely loved them, all of them. The greatest record ever made just got better. Superb sound and Mick's singing is so good. What a great job he's done with this - take a bow, Mick.

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: May 15, 2010 12:08

Exile is here in the UKsmileys with beer. My Amazon copy arrived this morning. As I wasn't expecting it the envelope was ripped to shreds by the killer terrier before I got downstairs. Thankfully the CD packaging in intact, off to listen to it now

Date: May 15, 2010 12:16

i downloaded the flac files 2 days ago

Date: May 15, 2010 12:46

Donkey Girl Scout
i downloaded the flac files 2 days ago

Well, in that case, you don't got EXILE

-------------------

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: May 15, 2010 13:13

The more Im listening to it - the more Im really getting into it. If this had been released as the stones new album ( without mention of Exile out takes ) it would be recieved as fantastic in my opinion. They done a great job - I take my hat off to Mick.

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: May 15, 2010 13:13

It's correct. The Super De-Luxe Box is included the vinyl. It's a new pressing of the original album on vinyl as well.I bought that one too. Sorry for any misunderstanding. smiling smiley

Per-Arne

Posted by: Eirik ()
Date: May 15, 2010 13:15

Got it! All great stuff. Except for PMS, Pass The Wine is the best of the bonus tracks IMO. Great sound.

Posted by: Erhard ()
Date: May 15, 2010 17:04

I got my deluxe-Box yesterday. Great box and great new/old songs.

Posted by: Satisfaction ()
Date: May 15, 2010 20:30

Among those of you who have bought and listened to the Remasters, what does the "exile" Album sound like??
Is there a noticeable difference with the previous editions??

Date: May 15, 2010 20:53

almost bought original issue of Exile (vinyl) today. went to a rummage sale/flea market...and there was a
nice copy for $10.....but the guy flipping thru the records just ahead of me snagged it. i still have mine but
i was gonna get for a buddy. He also had the Too Much Blood 12" single for $5.

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: May 15, 2010 21:28

Satisfaction
Among those of you who have bought and listened to the Remasters, what does the "exile" Album sound like??
I'd say no. It sounds fantastic, but not noticably different from the Virgin Remaster (I didn't make a side-by-side comparison, though).

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: May 16, 2010 00:15

Congratulations Urban Steel on getting the super deluxe box set. That's an incredible addition to any Rolling Stone collection and one that I'm sure you will treasure forever.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 16, 2010 00:26

Satisfaction

I even don't hear any noticeable difference with my decades old CBS Exile CD. There was no need for a remaster imo. As for the Bonus CD I'm musically not satisfied winking smileysad smiley.

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: May 16, 2010 01:16

I got Exile as well. Might have been around 1985 when I got my first copy. I was a late Stones child you know, I was into Rockn'n Roll ala Chuck Berry before that. But I think I have corrected the situation by now, Today I have some 22 Exiles on vinyl, a few C-casettes and a few modern time DC's
I do not really like the LP. Sticky Fingers is much better, like far much better, just LISTEN to SF and you know what I mean..

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 16, 2010 01:22

I look forward to recieve the Target release of Exile - thanks to a great person with US connections. I decided to not spend all that money on the superdeluxe set, when seeing the prices - even though the book that is enclosed seems to be a real nice item. I've allready spent far too much on unplayed original Exile vinyl pressings during the recent 5 years....a "remaster" would probably be a downgrade; anyway - at least I hope so.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 16, 2010 01:30

Recieved the new Exile today (amazon uk getting it here on the correct day) The re-mastering is brilliant, very crisp and ayet somehow managing to maintain that Exile sound. I've got a fairly goos sound systema nd I'm hearing stuff I never heard before and not a drug in sight. I like some of the 'new' tracks although there is noway on this earth that Pass the Wne was recorded anytime before 1990!

All in all, very much worth having and the alternative versions of All Down The Line and Loving Cup work real well.

Let's get Let It Bleed sorted now!

Date: May 16, 2010 01:33

I played the vinyl today and to my ears on my equipment it sounds wonderfull. Much better than the old vinyl I have.

-------------------

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 16, 2010 01:37

OK you convinced me, Hansie - please send me the deluxe edition, I'll accept to give it a listen - maybe even take a look in that book

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-16 01:47 by Erik_Snow.

Date: May 16, 2010 01:38

I have ordered two sets of the vinyl + CD + DVD box, one to open and play and another one to keep sealed in the collection. Still I will play Sticky Fingers much more coz that is by far a much better album, like any day of the year

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: May 16, 2010 02:21

Eric, the new vinyl version blows away the (2010) cd version!
It's like night and day to me. The new vinyl sounds wonderful, the new cd is very loud and brickwalled (for my ears anyway)

Date: May 16, 2010 02:31

barbabang, you got it. I have not yet got the new issue into my collection, but I cannot imagine that a CD release would blow a vinyl away...
A vinyl on high volume on the head set... well, if you have not experianced it... try it and I think you may like it. For me it almost beats cruising down the street in my 1957 Dodge Custom Royal 2DHT listening to the 326 cid twin carb engine spinning... yammm

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: May 16, 2010 02:35

Jan, with the cd I can push the volume only to 3 or 4 max, beyond that my ears are going to bleed. With the vinyl I did push it to 7 and still pleasant to the ears! Says enough for me.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1826
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home