Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick reveals he and Keith getting ready for new album in BBC interview
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 14, 2010 14:00

It's a teaser for the Stones In Exile film which will be shown on BBC1 on May 23.

This bit gives us all hope of a new album.

BBC Interviewer: What about the future. Are you going to get back together and write more music?

Mick: I think that would be a very good idea. I've been writing quite a lot of music.

BBC: Is Keith keen to get the guitar out?

Mick: I'm sure he is. And I'll be seeing him next week, so I'm sure we'll get together and start doing that.

[news.bbc.co.uk]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-14 16:15 by Silver Dagger.

Re: Mick - new filmed interview about Exile for BBC
Posted by: ThankGod ()
Date: May 14, 2010 15:24

Excellent stuff. So thats confirmed from both Mick & Keith that not only are they meeting next week, they both have been writing songs, and they both seem keen to get back to work.

Re: Mick reveals he and Keith getting ready for new album in BBC interview
Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: May 14, 2010 16:35

Very exciting times. Thanks.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: May 14, 2010 17:06

This interview seems to be first real sign that there could be a new album, so let us wait and find out what happens. It is somehow thrilling!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 14, 2010 23:34

If Mick is seeing Keith next week I wonder where - Connecticut or Redlands? Where's the next Exile promotion?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 14, 2010 23:36

Mick's only speculating about Keith's interest.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 14, 2010 23:37

Silver Dagger
If Mick is seeing Keith next week I wonder where - Connecticut or Redlands? Where's the next Exile promotion?

I believe Cannes and Amsterdam next week have been mentioned.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 14, 2010 23:50

...the real scarey news is that Mick compliments Don Was as a Stones afficionado....eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Stones Blah ()
Date: May 14, 2010 23:55

Bring it!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 15, 2010 00:04

Well....putting two and two together...Keith said on Fallonthat he was very rusty... playing a lot of "catch up." A person who is constantly writing music wouldn't call himself rusty.

If he had been working on material...that would imply that he's had the guitar in his hand constantly. Unfortunately, his comments don't suggest that. What will most likely happen is the usual: Mick bringing to the table a batch of his songs and Keith will "sprinkle his magic dust" on stuff here and there.

Guess we'll have to wait and see...

Posted by: zeb ()
Date: May 15, 2010 00:09

If Mick want to do something with the Stones I am sure Keith want to do it even more!

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: May 15, 2010 01:05

zeb
If Mick want to do something with the Stones I am sure Keith want to do it even more!

When Mick says he's got plenty of material, and Keith says he's dying to play, only one thing can happen. Keith looked like a regular guy on Fallon. Unbelievable. Wasn't all looking around, ducking his head and not making eye contact. I bet you they hook up in the studio immediately. I mean, it's only gonna take a week to hype Exile. >grinning smiley<GET-IN-THERE

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 15, 2010 01:25

Silver Dagger

Probably New York - presumably this was filmed a few days ago before this week's premieres.

A few recent keith interviews have mentioned he's seeing Mick "next week" too.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: May 15, 2010 01:32

they will see if they can work together . If they can't they won't force it. Jagger say he has been writing lots of stuff...wonder if Keith has also. he hasn't said much about it if he has. But they sure look good. That one interview is the closest yet to a statement pointing to real new Stones activity. This Exile rollout must have lit a fire for them. I hope we'll be discussing new Stones recording rumors..then getting confirmation.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 15, 2010 01:32

Maybe the current owners of Nellcote will rent the villa for the recording of Exile II. I hear Bill and MT are available. Don Was has to stay outside the gates.

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: May 15, 2010 01:47

Writing songs and being rusty on guitar are completely unrelated. Keith will be more than ready with his songs. As a guitar player, I don't sit around and solo by myself. That's reserved for times with the band. By myself, I write.

[www.non-filters.com]

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: May 15, 2010 02:00

So much for all the naysayers who have been saying that we will never see another all new Stones album again.

Stones to roll in 2011.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: May 15, 2010 02:13

duke richardson
they will see if they can work together . If they can't they won't force it. Jagger say he has been writing lots of stuff...wonder if Keith has also. he hasn't said much about it if he has. But they sure look good. That one interview is the closest yet to a statement pointing to real new Stones activity. This Exile rollout must have lit a fire for them. I hope we'll be discussing new Stones recording rumors..then getting confirmation.

You have to think that Mick likes the fact that Keef is as together as he's (ever) been. Maybe they can go back to their relationship before the fame and drugs. It's happened before - 'oh yeah I remember that guy'. Just look at each other straight up and go for it.

Ronnie Wood is gay
Of course Keith is perfectly straight
Love You Live 1977

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: May 15, 2010 02:26

Koen
Mick's only speculating about Keith's interest.

See Keith's interview on Jimmy Fallon....

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 15, 2010 02:26

I think the future of The Rolling Stones is in the vaults. Jagger can transform his creativity and ambition there, to finish all those out-takes, and Keith, well, he already did his bit 30-40 years ago. I much rather loved to see Deluxe EXILE kind of things happening than A BIGGER BANG VOL. 2.

These guys are actually quite old. Nothing wrong with that. Their creative pension is well-deserved.

- Doxa

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 15, 2010 02:29

nonfilter
Writing songs and being rusty on guitar are completely unrelated. Keith will be more than ready with his songs. As a guitar player, I don't sit around and solo by myself. That's reserved for times with the band. By myself, I write.

[www.non-filters.com]

As a songwriter, I pick up the guitar and play around with chords, see what works...play around with some riffs. THe guitar is in my hand until something comes up. One doesn't just pick up the guitar and then just immediately begin "writing." Even while that is all happening..you can stray and play other things while you're waiting for something to come up.

Not sure what Keith specifically means with "rusty." Rusty with the Stones songs...or rusty with just guitar playing in general? I haven't been in a band for months but I constantly write music. If someone were to ask me I was rusty...my answer would be no. that's just me.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 15, 2010 02:32

Looking forward to a new album. Will be great.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 15, 2010 02:34

JumpingKentFlash

a FIVE STAR preview!!!

Posted by: jhat111 ()
Date: May 15, 2010 02:37

nonfilter

[www.non-filters.com]

very well put...i totally agree

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 15, 2010 02:43

StonesTod
JumpingKentFlash

a FIVE STAR preview!!!
Sorry. I just thought that I should hold back my line of "JESUS CHRIST! I JUST CREAMED MY PANTS AND TOOK A DUMP IN THEM ALL AT ONCE! Sorry that I wasn't up to your standards of high quality posts. Do you want my pants?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 15, 2010 02:48

JumpingKentFlash
StonesTod
JumpingKentFlash

a FIVE STAR preview!!!
Sorry. I just thought that I should hold back my line of "JESUS CHRIST! I JUST CREAMED MY PANTS AND TOOK A DUMP IN THEM ALL AT ONCE! Sorry that I wasn't up to your standards of high quality posts. Do you want my pants?

i don't have standards, but thankfully i have pants

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: May 15, 2010 08:55

Doxa
I think the future of The Rolling Stones is in the vaults. Jagger can transform his creativity and ambition there, to finish all those out-takes, and Keith, well, he already did his bit 30-40 years ago. I much rather loved to see Deluxe EXILE kind of things happening than A BIGGER BANG VOL. 2.

These guys are actually quite old. Nothing wrong with that. Their creative pension is well-deserved.

- Doxa

Agree. Theres a lot of stuff in the vaults that, if properly finished, will surpass any newly written material they would come up with. And there might be some more surprises like the finished version of I'm Not Signifying.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 15, 2010 15:52

Prepare for more Streets Of Love...

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 15, 2010 19:54

They've managed to butcher their vaults, what hope for all new material.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 15, 2010 20:42

I just can,t wait.eye popping smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1281
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home