Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

PHISH - LOVING CUP on Late Night
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 14, 2010 08:34

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-14 19:18 by schillid.

Re: PHISH LOVING CUP on Late Night
Posted by: out of my head ()
Date: May 14, 2010 09:56

Yep

Posted by: JMoisica ()
Date: May 14, 2010 10:00

Great cover, as usual. Did anyone see Fallon's interview with Keith though? The guy couldn't interview someone for his life. Although I enjoyed hearing Keith is a fan of "Connection." Even though Fallon seemed to have no idea what that was.

Date: May 14, 2010 10:14

Yes they were very good! the only issue i have with phish is that when they do a cover, its as close as to a complete copy as you can get. which is great in a tribute, but i've always felt if your going to do a cover, you gotta kinda make it your own. Mick has even said thats why they do songs a little different such as love train, go go, just my imagination. Just a thought

while Fallon may be a fan, i doubt he would be able to tell you what album connection was on. i think stones week would be much more suited on letterman. for the sole reason that Paul Shaffer is one, close friends with keith and a HUGE stones fan and collector. If you regularly watch the show, they proboly play 2-3 stones songs a week at least

.....keep on rolling.....

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: May 14, 2010 10:30

the first time I saw Phish, they opened with Loving Cup. They also played entire Exile last Halloween. Sometimes their vocals are a little weak, but they've got a lot of heart and Trey Anastasio is a phenomenal guitar player

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 14, 2010 11:52

Look at the audience!

Must have got the wrong instructions: if you turn the volume down you may think they are covering Nirvana's Smell Like a Teen Spirit ...

C

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: May 14, 2010 14:52

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 14, 2010 15:42

liddas
Look at the audience!

Must have got the wrong instructions: if you turn the volume down you may think they are covering Nirvana's Smell Like a Teen Spirit ...

C

Yeah - that blonde chick was a total spaz - we were betting she was there for Phish, not Keith.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Re: PHISH - LOVING CUP on Late Night
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 14, 2010 17:38

Now that was a great interview! He was not saying " MAN" and " DUDE" every other word, he was clear-eyed, and everything made perfect sense...except when he said he loved the Beggar's Banquet cover.." the one with the cake" we all KNOW he meant Let It Bleed!! I laughed! You can see that Jimmy Fallon absolutely adores him! It was a great segment!

Posted by: JMoisica ()
Date: May 14, 2010 18:23

Absolutely agree with You Got to Roll Me. Interview should've been on Letterman. a much better fit. too bad

Date: May 14, 2010 20:47

thanks

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: May 14, 2010 20:57

mickschix
Now that was a great interview! He was not saying " MAN" and " DUDE" every other word, he was clear-eyed, and everything made perfect sense...except when he said he loved the Beggar's Banquet cover.." the one with the cake" we all KNOW he meant Let It Bleed!! I laughed! You can see that Jimmy Fallon absolutely adores him! It was a great segment!

Yes, it was a good little interview.
...and except when he said, Mick just had to sing Satisfaction. Of course he knows that before that he had to write the lyrics for it ;-)

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 14, 2010 21:19

You Got to Roll Me
Yes they were very good! the only issue i have with phish is that when they do a cover, its as close as to a complete copy as you can get.

100% disagree with you....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 14, 2010 23:33

Didn't like the vocals...sounded too tight, if that was possible.
Don't get me wrong, nice to hear, but I wouldn't run out to see them based on what I saw.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 14, 2010 23:55

elunsi
mickschix

Yes, it was a good little interview.
...and except when he said, Mick just had to sing Satisfaction. Of course he knows that before that he had to write the lyrics for it ;-)

I was surprised he took that shot at the Jag...they had been getting along so well for this project.......

Date: May 15, 2010 00:09

StonesTod
You Got to Roll Me
Yes they were very good! the only issue i have with phish is that when they do a cover, its as close as to a complete copy as you can get.

i think listing to phish cover a song is like poping in the album

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 15, 2010 02:34

Hey Rip, Keith just couldn't resist a little jab at the Jag!! I'm not sure if the meaning of that remark was that he thought HE should have sung Satisfaction....that would have been disasterous!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 15, 2010 02:55

You Got to Roll Me
StonesTod
You Got to Roll Me

i think listing to phish cover a song is like poping in the album

perhaps listing is, but definitely not listening

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: May 15, 2010 05:08

CindyC
liddas
Look at the audience!

C

Yeah - that blonde chick was a total spaz - we were betting she was there for Phish, not Keith.

Thank you for mentioning that...couldn't stand to watch her..fastforwarded thru the "blonde chick".
is she a typical 20-something these days??

maybe she was there for LL Cool J winking smiley

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: May 15, 2010 05:12

Rip This
elunsi
mickschix

I was surprised he took that shot at the Jag...they had been getting along so well for this project.......

I wonder if Keith feels that Mick tends to get most of the credit for songwriting (people assume the singer writes his songs
or even if they know it;s a jagger/richards partnership, they still probably assume Mick does more). Maybe this was
his way of clearing that up.

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-15 05:13 by sweet neo con.

Date: May 15, 2010 05:14

I am so over that Bud Lite commercial!
Why are people slagging the audience now? It was a great clip; everyone loving it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-15 05:22 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 16, 2010 06:35

What a beatiful buzz indeed. I thought that smoked. ABout as good as you'll hear anybody play it these days. Thought it was real tight. Good harmony's. Yeah pretty close to the original. But thought it was fun to see Phish rock it up a little more than they usually do.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: May 16, 2010 06:58

JMoisica
Great cover, as usual. Did anyone see Fallon's interview with Keith though? The guy couldn't interview someone for his life. Although I enjoyed hearing Keith is a fan of "Connection." Even though Fallon seemed to have no idea what that was.

no one in the audience did either. when he gave his final point on it, i gave him a "woo!" and a couple others did as well.

i thought fallon did OK only because he played right into keith's witticisms.

i flew out there hoping one of them would show - so glad it was keith. everyone hoped mick would be there for friday but no. his appearance had been filmed earlier in the week (and even the wed audience - i was there too - saw the intro bit on film then too). it sounds like a live audience was laughing - we were but we were laughing at the film clip.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1949
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home