Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones in Exile
Date: May 15, 2010 08:40

Great! My first time all the way through. I got to say: I think I loved the end in LA the most. I mean, all throughout I was sitting up because there were so many takes I had never heard before, so many pics I'd never seen. Down in the basements etc. but by the time they got to LA...the "Just wanna see his face" sessions, the singling out of the uprite bass, even if it was just a few warm-up notes. All the talk back stuff from France and LA; there must be mountains of that stuff.
Tarle talking about "the tribe".

Re: Stones in Exile
Posted by: Tate ()
Date: May 15, 2010 08:52

It was really fun. I loved that recent interviews w/ Bill and MT were included in this. Just gets me really excited for the L+G official release.

Date: May 15, 2010 08:59

Right. I was really happy to see Wyman in there, and hear Taylor gruff voice.

Posted by: stonesseventytwo ()
Date: May 16, 2010 02:06

I wish I hadn't stayed up until 2 am to watch this. It was
1.) fragmented - all these little clips of 5 seconds or so.
2.) full of anachronisms ( using photos from 69 and I even think I spotted a couple from 75)
3.) Innacurate in the credits ( Jim Marshall took a lot of the photos they used - on the plane and in the Studio - but they credited Ethan Russell with everything as far as I could see, Marshall would be rolling in his grave.)
4.) The guy who made the film does was not even born when Exile came out - judging by his youthful appearence)
5.) The interviews with the musicans at the beginning of the film were lame. Who cares about them. Half of them I have not even heard of anyway.

In short, Typical Hollywood.thumbs down

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: May 16, 2010 02:44

i just watched the US preview on the Jimmy Fallon Show...

I'm all for lively editing & jumpy cameras etc.....but I was getting motion sickness.

Was what they showed on Fallon's show everything thaat's on the Super Deluxe dvd preview?

It will be interesting to see the 2.5 hr version......maybe it will be paced differently.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: May 16, 2010 04:00

Am i right in thinking some of the live footage was previously unseen,or am i imagining it?

Enjoyable documentary but i thought there was far to much of the re-shot black and white pretend Nellcote rehearsal footage.I'm hoping that the full length dvd expands on some of the great film that is in there,although i think that it will contain extended interviews which is fine.

The talking heads were pointless but i read an interview with the director which i think implied it wasn't his artistic decision to include them.

Oh and i spotted the 1969 photo as well

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: May 16, 2010 05:14

It was very good see Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman in the movie.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 16, 2010 05:22

I thought at first it was more than two hours long.
Now I understand the film is about an hour long, which means we've seen probably a bit over half of it on Jimmy Fallon's show, what with all the commercials and talk.

I enjoyed the footage very much.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1391
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home