Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

'Exile' piece: UK Sunday Times May 9. Paul Sexton
Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: May 9, 2010 02:47

[entertainment.timesonline.co.uk]

don't know how recent any of these quotations are but some good ones and put together well.

Re: 'Exile' piece: UK Sunday Times May 9. Paul Sexton
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 9, 2010 03:45

Well, they state some new vocals by Mick and Backing vocals by Lisa and Cindy AND NEWLY ADDED GUITAR LINES BY MICK TAYLOR on PMS.

Piano on So Divine by STU - god bless him.

sc uk

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 9, 2010 03:50

Nice find ...... Thanks Beely ........

ROCKMAN

Date: May 9, 2010 03:53

straycatuk
Well, they state some new vocals by Mick and Backing vocals by Lisa and Cindy AND NEWLY ADDED GUITAR LINES BY MICK TAYLOR on PMS

uh oh.
this news went over just really great on the "Keith says no MT overdubs" thread... eye popping smiley
i THINK they've stopped limited military action there.... doh

no no thank YOU guys!! Sexton is good; just re-read. lot of very cool quotes actually!; they DO talk with this guy (seem to know him trust him not toy with him etc...)
all 3 of 'em did...very cool. ! wonder his history w bill and taylor...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-09 04:14 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: May 9, 2010 04:03

good read...thanks

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: May 9, 2010 04:13

Really nice, thanks.

Posted by: CMan ()
Date: May 9, 2010 05:18

straycatuk
Piano on So Divine by STU - god bless him.

sc uk

You mean "Dancing In The Light".

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 9, 2010 06:14

Beelyboy..yea our Saturadays paper has done a double full page spread on *Exile* titled *Back On Main Street* and a wee bit on the front page *Rolling Along Main Street*.We just cant get enough of The Stones here for a wee country on the other side of the world its making headline news on major TV+Radio stations plus Newspapers. (I cant find it on the papers website)

Date: May 9, 2010 08:32

colonial
Beelyboy..yea our Saturadays paper has done a double full page spread on *Exile* titled *Back On Main Street* and a wee bit on the front page *Rolling Along Main Street*.We just cant get enough of The Stones here for a wee country on the other side of the world its making headline news on major TV+Radio stations plus Newspapers. (I cant find it on the papers website)

whoa that's great. when it's convenient or available please link or paste any cool writerz or pieces in your area, cause i just love that kind of stuff thank you.

Date: May 9, 2010 08:43

Beelyboy..cheers mate

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: May 9, 2010 13:42

I have to say that the album release is getting a lot of attention in the UK, unlike the single.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: May 9, 2010 13:44

Good interview, again!
I can't believe all the media attention they're getting with this release. Seems to be a lot more than with A Bigger Bang.

It's interesting how especially Keith wants to downplay his drug (heroin) use around the time. The idea that he only got back on it after Exile was completed seems like complete bullshit to me -- totally against several sources (Spanish Tony, Bill Wyman, Andy Johns, etc.).

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: May 9, 2010 20:28

Good read, thanks for posting

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 9, 2010 22:57

"Whatever the distractions, Watts sees the completed album as a creative zenith. “I think it’s a peak period for our band. We had everything covered. We had a wonderful producer, Jimmy Miller, and you were playing with Nicky Hopkins, who could play blues as well as the prettiest piano. We had Mick Taylor, who for me was the most lyrical player we had, and we had Mick and Keith writing.”"

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: May 10, 2010 01:49

LieB
It's interesting how especially Keith wants to downplay his drug (heroin) use around the time. The idea that he only got back on it after Exile was completed seems like complete bullshit to me -- totally against several sources (Spanish Tony, Bill Wyman, Andy Johns, etc.).

Yeah, it's kinda funny!
Keith always liked to make up stories.

But it seems the older he gets the more implausible and odd are getting his remarks and memories. Don't know whether he really believes these things himself.

Anyway, - of course this is utter nonsense . .

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 10, 2010 02:02

The story is he got back on the "stuff" after crashing his go-kart in the South of France. We also know what "putting Marlon to bed" was a euphemism for. This idea that he only got back on it after the record was finished is pure revisionist fantasy on KR's part. Next think he'll say was that Muddy Waters was at Nellcote painting the ceiling.

Posted by: rumple21 ()
Date: May 10, 2010 02:36

Interesting quotes from Jagger -
“I knew there was loads of stuff lying around,” Jagger explains. “I tried to take things that I didn’t think people had bootlegged very much, or perhaps not at all. Some of it’s stuff that’s never been out. There’s a couple that would compete with anything on Exile, I think.”

Could it be he is referring to tracks such as 'Travellin Man', 'Highway Child', 'Hillside Blues' and suchlike. I always kinda hoped these tracks might one day turn up in official quality, perhaps in more finished form. Oh well.. Jagger seems to be kyboshing that idea.

Date: May 10, 2010 03:36

Reading out of our Newspaper about Exile the house they used in France was certainly quite a bit different from any other place theyve dont any work in or even stayed in come think of that...The house had once been occupied by the Nazis.Keith descrides working down there in the basement was like trying to make a record in the Fuhrerbunker.It was the sort of feeling..very Germanic down there-Swastikas on the staircases..but upstairs it was fantastic like Versailles but down stairs it was Dantes Inferno.

Date: May 10, 2010 03:50

colonial
Reading out of our Newspaper about Exile the house they used in France was certainly quite a bit different from any other place theyve dont any work in or even stayed in come think of that...The house had once been occupied by the Nazis.Keith descrides working down there in the basement was like trying to make a record in the Fuhrerbunker.It was the sort of feeling..very Germanic down there-Swastikas on the staircases..but upstairs it was fantastic like Versailles but down stairs it was Dantes Inferno.

I've heard different things about whether the swastikas on the stairs thing is true or one of those "Keithisms".

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: May 10, 2010 04:00

71Tele
The story is he got back on the "stuff" after crashing his go-kart in the South of France. We also know what "putting Marlon to bed" was a euphemism for. This idea that he only got back on it after the record was finished is pure revisionist fantasy on KR's part. Next think he'll say was that Muddy Waters was at Nellcote painting the ceiling.

Yeah, and even that story of the crash and badly hurt back is to take with A LOT of salt!

There was a crash; - but he didn't need such an inducement to get back to the goodies ..

He was more or lesss "clean" the first ca 2 weeks in Nellcote. From than on it was a coming and going ..

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 10, 2010 08:04

CousinC
LieB

Yeah, it's kinda funny!

But it seems the older he gets the more implausible and odd are getting his remarks and memories. Don't know whether he really believes these things himself.

Good article, but jeez, Keith! Who does he think he's fooling? what's what "squeaky clean" bullshit. I'm not sure whether to be embarrassed for him or irritated at his self-delusion.

I hope his book isn't filled with bollocks like that.

Date: May 10, 2010 09:49

swiss
CousinC
LieB

Yeah, it's kinda funny!

Good article, but jeez, Keith! Who does he think he's fooling? what's what "squeaky clean" bullshit. I'm not sure whether to be embarrassed for him or irritated at his self-delusion.

I hope his book isn't filled with bollocks like that.

Most likely it is, but I hope it's at least entertaining bollocks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1979
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home