Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: This is it. I'm a fan.
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 24, 2010 01:10

Beelyboy
Cindy I have to say this and i hope u won't mind.
considering ur work above in this thread, and countless others, i have to say it....

you are ONE HUNDRED PER CENT RELIABLE....
love you
xoxoxoxoxo
smoking smiley

Awww - thanks Double B!!! Love you too!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: April 24, 2010 01:10

The worm has turned for you my friend...

Date: April 24, 2010 01:11

likarollinstone
Well I'm a male, and I'm already into that "sort of thing " for the last 2 weeks.grinning smiley

Just two weeks? Why the sudden change of interest?

There was a thread a few years back about whether the Rolling Stones had many gay fans. We should resurrect that one.

Posted by: likarollinstone ()
Date: April 24, 2010 01:28

CindyC
likarollinstone
Well I'm a male, and I'm already into that "sort of thing " for the last 2 weeks.grinning smiley

Just two weeks? Why the sudden change of interest?

There was a thread a few years back about whether the Rolling Stones had many gay fans. We should resurrect that one.

then Ressurect that one and count me in as the gayest of you all. No need to touch this one though, I already skipped to Beast of Burden.

"
Throw it all at me
I can shrug it off
There's one thing baby
That I don't understand
You keep on telling me
I ain't your kind of man "

Date: April 24, 2010 01:39

Ok before I log-ff just a quick question.

What are the best live albums I should check. So far I have "No security" and ya yas. I'm looking for something from the late sixties until goats head soup.I've seen the Altamont documentary and a few other video releases.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-24 01:39 by likarollinstone.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 24, 2010 02:28

Well, better LATE than never, I always say! When I was 25, I'd been heavily into the Stones for 14 years!! I feel so OLD but it has been a journey that I wish I could take all over again. This band has seen me through some desperate times, happy times and every time in between. I can't even describe what they mean to me. You do have some catching up to do but that will be FUN! I still go back in time by looking at magazines and books that I bought about the Stones in the 60's and 70's and when I drag all of this memorabilia out, it takes me right back to the day I bought it. I can see myself as a very young person in my living room, pouring over the latest news. Enjoy the journey...it will keep amazing you.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 24, 2010 03:31

Between reports on Rockman's gargling, may I suggest to CindyC that she put Elvis Presley Springsteen and and original Skynyrd first two albums into her nephew's list. Just to get a sense of his "nuances."

Date: April 24, 2010 03:37

I think he does like Elvis already - I'll suggest Bruce although I'm not a huge fan myself. Thanks!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 24, 2010 03:49

Welcome, welcome likarollingstone!

Have you seen the video for Love is Strong yet?
cuz I like it, like it, yes I do.

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: April 24, 2010 04:02

Welcome, young one. Enjoy the music -- that's what it's for.

Beely, yeah, we all love Cindy, but I just always thought the line of admirers was too long...

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 24, 2010 07:10

likarollinstone

What are the best live albums I should check. So far I have "No security" and ya yas. I'm looking for something from the late sixties until goats head soup.I've seen the Altamont documentary and a few other video releases.

LIVE ALBUMS.

Well, that's about it. Ya-Ya's and No Security are about as good as it gets (some will tell you Ya-Ya's only). Live Licks is decent and I think worth having. Actually, all of the live albums with exception to Got Live If You Want It and Shine A Light are worth having.

Still Life (get the Virgin remaster if you can) has some fantastic work on it - Under My Thumb, Time Is On My Side and Just My Imagination are worth the price ALONE.

Love You Live's Honky Tonk is the best version - and guitar solo - you will ever hear of that song. There are other good things on Love You Live but overall it's a pretty bad album - but it certainly gives one a good idea of what was going on back then and that makes it fun, a fun album to listen to and I actually like the album a lot for some reason.

Live Licks has some good stuff on it - probably the best Brown Sugar you'll find and even Street Fighting Man is pretty good. The second disc is where it's at. Keith's tunes - The Nearness Of You and You Don't Have To Mean It are worth getting the album for.

Flashpoint is good for Start Me Up, Sad Sad Sad, Factory Girl and...Highwire. And maybe Sympathy - only because it's different than what they did in 1975 and 1969 - but if you have any of the recent DVDs then you really don't need Flashpoint - except for the greatest official version of Start Me Up you'll ever hear. If you can find a used CBS one that's fine, the Virgin remaster didn't do anything for it except for a different version of Sex Drive and some longer edits of the rambling Mick does between songs.

If you can find Stripped you'll be 100% pleased ( unless you are like me and can't stand "I'm Free" ) minus the live B-sides.

Anyway, that's my take on it.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: April 24, 2010 08:11

to tell u the truth lika... some well known boots of live shows '78 and in brussels '03 are very eye opening!....and w time u'll find yer way to those....hesitated to mention, because so much of the official catalog is in front of you and it's so so so scrumptious man.... but fyi, there is a LOT of not so hidden pleasures in your future....don't ever forget, kind sir please, the first 8 or so studio albums on decca or london depending on if yr euro or yank....are still so very powerful to me in day to day life....even tho, like a lot of us, i been mostly into banquet, bleed, ya yas, sf, exoms, ghs and a few w ronnie... not so much latter period, but i adore vl personally... and also think a few on abb are real good stones too...as for latter day stuff....it's all personal taste and i'm sure you'll find yours as u go and i'm really happy to hear about it....your feelings and responses...not asking u to be critic....just have fun here and share your valuable discoveries; it opens up my ears bigtime to get fresh perspectives.... take care....

beelyboy...Think About it

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 24, 2010 08:47

Welcome

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 24, 2010 08:50

Watch out for that Noone dude. He seems to lurk around here every now and then. Time might wait for Noone but it really waits for no one.

Posted by: yorkey ()
Date: April 24, 2010 10:59

likarollinstone

A unofficial DVD called Ladies and Gentlemen. Just as long as the guitar plays, let it will steal your heart away.

You got the Sun, You got the Moon,
and you've got
The Rolling Stones

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: April 24, 2010 11:26

welcome to the world of being a stones fan, as for live albums ya ya's is the best but i also enjoy love you live and still life

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 24, 2010 12:31

yorkey
likarollinstone

A unofficial DVD called Ladies and Gentlemen. Just as long as the guitar plays, let it will steal your heart away.

Yes, it's one of the best ever .And Mick stole my heart away on this one ....
Welcome on board likearollingstone!

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: April 24, 2010 14:51

Have fun with their music. Glad you like it. I got into the Stones when I was
only 22,

Date: April 24, 2010 15:40

texas fan
Beely, yeah, we all love Cindy, but I just always thought the line of admirers was too long...

Oh thank you! I'm blushing and giddy! smiling bouncing smiley

I had a few admirers a couple of years ago, but I think they got to know me better and changed their minds confused smiley

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: April 24, 2010 17:03

haha cool dude! enjoy. somehow i would like to be where u are now: just starting to discover the biggest treasure in rock n roll history...enjoy your new love!

***** i'm a cold italian pizza *****

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 24, 2010 21:25

skipstone
Watch out for that Noone dude. He seems to lurk around here every now and then. Time might wait for Noone but it really waits for no one.

You mean Peter Noone from Herman's Hermits?

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: April 24, 2010 21:48

Welcome!

This thing of ours is kind of a sickness.

We will be watching for your first set list complaint. LOL!

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: April 26, 2010 22:52

Welcome here!!!smileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beer

Posted by: psustoned ()
Date: April 28, 2010 08:06

I'm new to this board, but been a hard core stones fan for about 12 years. Glad to hear someone else has discovered the Greatest Rock n'Roll Band...my personal preferences for essential studio albums is Let it Bleed thru Tattoo You...live albums..Ya Ya's, and Love you Live are great for 60s and 70s, plus Stripped cannot be missed either...if you want a current sound Live Licks and Shine a Light are great too.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: April 28, 2010 10:09

Rockman
specially wrt taking fluids and personal hygiene.

Yep I always gargle after drinking from any girls loving cup .....

Ummmmm Rocky, where are ya findin those dames that yer lickin that you need to gargle afterwards? ;--P

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: April 28, 2010 10:56

Stick with anything they did from 68-81. Can't go wrong.
PLEASE don't get into the world of high-end collectables or any huge live dics set from their current tours - stick to the real stuff.

Enjoying the real, good Stones doesn't mean you have to spend a lot of cash.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 28, 2010 18:05

CindyC
you should have named yourself lickarollingstone instead - but perhaps you're a male and not into that sort of thing spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Anyway... welcome to the board and to the Rolling Stones - you have chosen wisely.

Your post brings me to a somewhat related question. My 12 y/o nephew is a guitar player and wants me to introduce him to the RS's music. He doesn't want the "hits" so Hot Rocks is out. I already gave him LIB. I'm going to get him Beggars & Sticky Fingers. I'm kinda thinking he might not be ready for Exile yet. I know when I first got that album I was a teenager and it was a little too over my head. It took me till my early 20's to truly appreciate it. Think I should go for say Between the Button or Some Girls instead?
try get yer ya ya's out ,and some girls .

Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: April 28, 2010 18:18

Beelyboy
to tell u the truth lika... some well known boots of live shows '78 and in brussels '03 are very eye opening!....and w time u'll find yer way to those....hesitated to mention, because so much of the official catalog is in front of you and it's so so so scrumptious man.... but fyi, there is a LOT of not so hidden pleasures in your future....don't ever forget, kind sir please, the first 8 or so studio albums on decca or london depending on if yr euro or yank....are still so very powerful to me in day to day life....even tho, like a lot of us, i been mostly into banquet, bleed, ya yas, sf, exoms, ghs and a few w ronnie... not so much latter period, but i adore vl personally... and also think a few on abb are real good stones too...as for latter day stuff....it's all personal taste and i'm sure you'll find yours as u go and i'm really happy to hear about it....your feelings and responses...not asking u to be critic....just have fun here and share your valuable discoveries; it opens up my ears bigtime to get fresh perspectives.... take care....

Brussels '03? You might be about 30 years out on that one!

Date: April 29, 2010 00:39

Thanx for the replies!! guys, You're the best!

jamesfdouglas
Stick with anything they did from 68-81. Can't go wrong.
PLEASE don't get into the world of high-end collectables or any huge live dics set from their current tours - stick to the real stuff.

Enjoying the real, good Stones doesn't mean you have to spend a lot of cash.

Absolutely! My favorite songs and records are in this range (68-81).

As for the cash, I feel lucky in sense that I don't need to rebuy a collection of remasters (for the third time), because I never had the previous releases in the first place.

Beelyboy
to tell u the truth lika... some well known boots of live shows '78 and in brussels '03 are very eye opening!....

Already got Brussels - one of the best shows I ever heard. Ever! The only bitch I have about it is that @#$%& and quite a few other songs on the second disc were not recorded from the soundboard.

Beelyboy
don't ever forget, kind sir please, the first 8 or so studio albums on decca or london depending on if yr euro or yank....are still so very powerful to me in day to day life....

If theres any era of RS history I tend to forget it's 82-90. Maybe the 80's are just not my thing...i don't know.

The pre 68 records are magic. I swear, i sang "play with Fire" and "under my thumb" like a stray cat for 2 days in a row. mercy, mercy. Paint it black. Ruby. Mother's little @#$%&...helper, even the satanic stuff... dandelion, citadel, rainbow - just magic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-29 00:45 by likarollinstone.

Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: April 29, 2010 11:36

CindyC
you should have named yourself lickarollingstone instead - but perhaps you're a male and not into that sort of thing spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Anyway... welcome to the board and to the Rolling Stones - you have chosen wisely.

Your post brings me to a somewhat related question. My 12 y/o nephew is a guitar player and wants me to introduce him to the RS's music. He doesn't want the "hits" so Hot Rocks is out. I already gave him LIB. I'm going to get him Beggars & Sticky Fingers. I'm kinda thinking he might not be ready for Exile yet. I know when I first got that album I was a teenager and it was a little too over my head. It took me till my early 20's to truly appreciate it. Think I should go for say Between the Button or Some Girls instead?

GYYYO is great to play along to as a guitarist.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2353
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home