Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
New Let It Bleed Book
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 21, 2008 00:55

Anybody get the new email from Rolling Stones.com about a new book on the 1969 tour? $650 and $950? I'm gonna buy at least 10. geeeeez!

Re: New Let It Bleed Book
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 21, 2008 00:58

Hmmmm the other thing is so far only 800 sold....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 21, 2008 01:45

Yeah, that book has been out for a while now...doesn't seem to be moving...go figure, only 650, or 900 bucks!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 21, 2008 02:30

Why is it so expensive? That's just crazy.

Date: November 21, 2008 02:33

Let it Bleed your wallets...
By the way, who designs their concert tee shirts? They are pathetic!!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 21, 2008 02:34

I bought one concert shirt - back in 1989. I didn't care for the Voodoo shirts. And really, what does it matter anymore? I dunno.

Date: November 21, 2008 02:40

It does not matter...just saying. I thought Charlie used to ok the merchandise but I can see no way in Hell that any of the Stones would think those shirts are quality.

The book looks like quality but the price is insane. Nice try Moouch Jagger!!!

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: November 21, 2008 04:02

I'm not too surprised about the price of the book - learned helplessness.

However, the interactive map link within the book's web site has an annoying typo - it lists the chicago venue as the "international theater" instead of "international ampitheater" - for that much money they should've hired some extra proofers.

i like this particular aspect of the web site - click on each subsequent pic to page through:
[www.letitbleedbook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-21 04:04 by little queenie.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 21, 2008 04:11

Yep Rock...only 800 sold.
And I'm not too surprised since Rhino put up the dough and has not done the best job of marketing to diverse buyers.

Love to have it but I'd want the one with the print and frankly I'd probably rather invest in a Matisse or Picasso small drawing.

Date: November 21, 2008 04:27

Usually Genesis Publishing handles these types of specialty books with limited editions. And I admit I bought one a while back, Station To Station, written by Geoff MacCormack, who was in Bowie's band and I had met him, and he got me back stage to meet Bowie, so I really wanted that book as a keep sake. And it is beautiful. Having said that it wasn't as expensive by a margin, and Let it Bleed looks fantastic, but I just can't get my head around shelling out 650 bucks for it.

Date: November 21, 2008 06:46

Geeeez stonesrule...know it's $xpensive but 800 so far
world-wide ain't really many...probably something like
500 USA ... 200 UK ... 98 Europe ... 1 Australia ... 1 Africa ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 21, 2008 10:42

Rockman

Geeeez stonesrule...know it's $xpensive but 800 so far
world-wide ain't really many...probably something like
500 USA ... 200 UK ... 98 Europe ... 1 Australia ... 1 Africa ...

I can see that at least you got your copy, Rockman! >grinning smiley<

(but who's the one from Africa...)

- Doxa

Posted by: tomcat 6 ()
Date: November 21, 2008 11:10

I think they have made the mistake of pricing it way to high............most Genesis Publications books are cheaper that this title.

Posted by: the juf ()
Date: November 21, 2008 11:32

It is really beautiful and I am definitely going to buy it!!!

[www.paulinestroosnijder.com]

Date: November 21, 2008 12:40

tomcat 6
I think they have made the mistake of pricing it way to high............most Genesis Publications books are cheaper that this title.[/quote

Well I agree it is overpriced, but go to Genisis' website they have some pretty pricey titles as well....but damn a lot of their stuff looks so inviting. If you have the spare change.

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: November 21, 2008 12:45

I have it and it's wonderful. My best Stones book together with the Genesis TOTA.

I just suggest you to buy the De-Luxe one. I bought the regular one and I compared with my friend De-Luxe. There's a three-four centimeters difference in high (high?? or highness?). Number of the pages is the same but paper quality must be probably different. Also the spine of the deluxe is different.

For Europeans, the problem is the shipping cost; I asked a US friend to buy it in US and bring to me at the first occasion, so I waited some months but saved lot of money.

Posted by: the juf ()
Date: November 21, 2008 12:52

The De-Luxe edition incl. a photo, signed and numbered by Ethan.

Europeans who are interested: Vipsart in Rotterdam sells the book exclusively, more info on www.vipsart.nl or amsterdam@vipsart.nl.

[www.paulinestroosnijder.com]

Date: November 21, 2008 13:36

(but who's the one from Africa...) - Doxa

Some gorilla called King Dong ...Hangs around up in Virunga Mountain
range and those who have seen him say he just goes ape over The Stones...

ROCKMAN

Date: November 21, 2008 13:47

BTW, I don't have Genesis "Wyman shoots Chagall". Does it include Stons pix or not?

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 21, 2008 16:08

The email for the link was so misleading...
"Let It Bleed: Special Collector's Edition"

My hopes soared as I expected a super-double CD set w/ outtakes.
Nope, just a book celebrating the "39th Anniversary".
39th Anniversaty. Really?
650-950 bucks. Really? Really???

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: susannewortmann ()
Date: November 21, 2008 16:18

Nothing justifies a price this steep. There are really amazing small quantity and high quality Japanese art books that cost less than half the price including P&P. It's a shame and too bad as i'd love to have a copy but I cannot afford this much money and especially not for a book.The Stones were once a political correct and social feeling band. Especially in the era described in this book. For 800 dollar a medium family in Soth America can live 2-3 months.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 21, 2008 16:38

You know, it feels nice to find having e-mail in your INBOX from someone called "The Rolling Stones", but that illusion of a sec or two is quickly gone when one realizes that who that entity really is, and what is really associated with that brand and promoted in the name of it.

The point is: no matter how 'rare' this book really is, and how much money I do have, I will never spend a sum like that for a book. It is a question of principles, I think.

- Doxa

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: November 21, 2008 16:44

RIP OFF

Date: November 21, 2008 16:52

Ref. to Susan,
didn't know the stones get some royalties from these books. Actually I was convinced that after years the photographer is free to use his material. Maybe I'm wrong.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 21, 2008 17:33

who buys this stuff ,and i might buy this but it would have to be signed by mick keith charlie ronnie and come with a certificate of authenticity .just another money grab by the glimmers !

Posted by: aralla ()
Date: November 21, 2008 18:00

susannewortmann
Nothing justifies a price this steep. There are really amazing small quantity and high quality Japanese art books that cost less than half the price including P&P. It's a shame and too bad as i'd love to have a copy but I cannot afford this much money and especially not for a book.The Stones were once a political correct and social feeling band. Especially in the era described in this book. For 800 dollar a medium family in Soth America can live 2-3 months.

Susanne, I live in South America, more exactly in Uruguay and my medium family can't live 2-3 months with 800 dollars !!! May be 1 month. South America's not the same reality in its countries. However, it's a very very expensive book and I can't afford this money for a book as you, no doubt at all !

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 21, 2008 18:03

This item is clearly targeted to the obsessive collector who feels they are
'buying a part of the band'. Shame on the Stones.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 21, 2008 18:46

Think I should change my Logo "Let It Blook" at least that would be cheaper

Date: November 21, 2008 19:11

aralla
susannewortmann
For 800 dollar a medium family in Soth America can live 2-3 months.

Susanne, I live in South America, more exactly in Uruguay and my medium family can't live 2-3 months with 800 dollars !!! May be 1 month. South America's not the same reality in its countries. However, it's a very very expensive book and I can't afford this money for a book as you, no doubt at all !

Thanks Aralla for your post. I was right on the point of selling my book and spend three months in Rio !!

Posted by: atip ()
Date: November 21, 2008 21:30

Way too expensive for a book in ANY economy. In THIS economy, it's crazy.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1279
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home