Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Johnny Depp wants Mick Jagger to star in new Pirates of The Caribbean movie.
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: April 10, 2010 11:02

The actor — who’s due to reprise his role as Jack Sparrow in the smash hit film franchise — managed to get Keith Richards on board as his on-screen father, and is now aiming for another Rolling Stone.

“Johnny is working closely with Disney on the next chapter of Pirates of the Caribbean and has put a lot of ideas forward,” reveals a movie insider.

“Some of the more fun ideas include getting Mick in with Keith as pirate elders. He thinks they would be perfect.”

Depp, 46, recently revealed he can’t wait to make more Pirates movies.

“I can’t wait to get back in costume,” he said last month. “Some people will say, ‘Aha, Depp sold out by doing the sequels.’ But it was never an issue for me. I love Captain Jack so much I’d do Pirates 7 if they asked me.

[www.examiner.com]

Re: Johnny Depp wants Mick Jagger to star in new Pirates of The Caribbean movie.
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 10, 2010 12:42

O shit, how bloody tiresome ... another long drawn out agony which may as well be entitled "hollywood Scriptwriters On Acid". What a total and utter exhaustive bore. Johnny ... I thought you had a little more sense and a little more cred than to flog this particular dead horse one more time. Who needs valium ? Just wait till this is in your local cinema, you'll be asleep within 5 minutes.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Re: Johnny Depp wants Mick Jagger to star in new Pirates of The Caribbean movie.
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 10, 2010 12:53

Think it would be fun. Thanks for posting

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: April 10, 2010 12:54

There has been rumors in the news of the next pirates movie being filmed in QLD.Dunno about Mick as an actor tho- seems to go a bit overboard.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 10, 2010 12:59

seems to go a bit overboard.

But them Pirates Of The Caribbean movies go overboard and down deep like 69 fathoms....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: April 10, 2010 13:00

A cameo was proposed too to Ronnie, Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman (from left to right, not included the donkey) :

Brian Jones declined the offer :

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-10 13:01 by Massimo68.

Date: April 10, 2010 13:21

Haha...that is too funny Massimo.
I like the idea of Jagger showing up in the films now. There's a certain symetry to that.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: April 10, 2010 13:22

Rockman
seems to go a bit overboard.

But them Pirates Of The Caribbean movies go overboard and down deep like 69 fathoms....

Jagger aint an actor-on stage OK on film ? nah

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: April 10, 2010 13:37

It would be fun. THe third movie sucked but tha part of Keith was cool.

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: April 10, 2010 14:02

paulywaul
O shit, how bloody tiresome ... another long drawn out agony which may as well be entitled "hollywood Scriptwriters On Acid". What a total and utter exhaustive bore. Johnny ... I thought you had a little more sense and a little more cred than to flog this particular dead horse one more time. Who needs valium ? Just wait till this is in your local cinema, you'll be asleep within 5 minutes.

I take it that you don't like these films then!

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: April 10, 2010 14:25

the frist one was quite good. can´t remember the second one and the third was really bad in my opinion.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 10, 2010 15:16

pgarof
paulywaul

I take it that you don't like these films then!

Add me to this list.

I rented the first Pirates just to see how I'd like it when I heard Keith was becoming involved.
Just another Disney kids flick.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 10, 2010 18:22

Depp and Keith became pals over time and Depp modeled his character
on Keith. Maybe Depp is just fantasizing here, why not have another RS
in his movie?

I think leaving this one to Keith may be for the best. (I'm not
crazy about the series, putting it mildly.)

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 10, 2010 18:57

For shits sake, they're just movies. I love 'em. They're hilarious. I'd love it if more were made. And I'd love it if Keith were to be in the new one. Not sure about Mick though.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: April 10, 2010 18:59

Doubt Mick would do it. It would be seen as following in Keith's footsteps and he would not want to be seen like that.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 10, 2010 19:57

at least keith was part of a blockbuster lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-10 20:04 by melillo.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 10, 2010 20:24

poor mick has been trying his whole career to be an actor and keith just walks on to the set of a blockbuster his first time, too funny

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: April 10, 2010 22:50

gosh i haven't seen the one with keith yet. depp is hard not to admire for a variety of stuff like scissorhands and several others...but i just did not get a chance to see it... i've seen some keith scene snips on youtube and that little docu footage about that excellent excellent turtle guitar they made for him...and him pickin' on it etc....really lovely footage....

beelyboy...Think About it

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 11, 2010 18:01

skipstone
For shits sake, they're just movies. I love 'em. They're hilarious. I'd love it if more were made. And I'd love it if Keith were to be in the new one. Not sure about Mick though.

Perhaps you'd care to share the storyline with us, especially number three - the one with Keith in it ? I was stone cold sober, and additionally had not taken a large dose of purple haze, when I saw it. Perhaps that accounts for why I hadn't got a friggin' clue what was going on it it from start to finish. But if you've fingered it out, don't hesitate to let the rest of us know ..........

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: April 11, 2010 19:11

Those Pirates sequels surly get a bit boring.

But Mick and Keith as old Pirates wouldn't been that bad.

Think of that nice painting of the dancing (Stones)Pirates from Guy Peelaert from years ago . . !!

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 11, 2010 22:30

CousinC
Those Pirates sequels surly get a bit boring.

But Mick and Keith as old Pirates wouldn't been that bad.

Think of that nice painting of the dancing (Stones)Pirates from Guy Peelaert from years ago . . !!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: April 16, 2010 19:03

Yeah!

Have just seen it now. Thanx Deltics!

And isn't it nice . . ?!

IMO Those Peelaert paintings were great. Unfortunaely he didn't really succeed with IORR.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: April 16, 2010 22:55

Mick looks almost laughably girlish in that Peelaert painting.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: April 16, 2010 23:00

I guess they want to save on make up!

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: April 17, 2010 01:18

I imagine Depp would want Mick in one of those crappy Pirate films.

Anything to try and prop up sales.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: April 17, 2010 01:49

i would like mick jagger to make a bluesy rock and roll record with the two other orignals and whomever....
more movies and mag ads and such...mean nothing to me.. cute iguess. always nice to see keith!! an awesome one joke dimension to a kids movie!! love the idea and the execution. i mean it's KEITH!! .. but really i care nothing for younger movie stars trying to rub elbows with peeps who were in the prime and at their prime before these film staaahhhs could poo without parental control.... i guess maybe it means grand things to generations younger than the original rock generaton or two...or three even....but it don't mean nothin' much to me....i'm sorta into rock and roll music, if the truth be known...

beelyboy...Think About it

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1555
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home