Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9
Re: 30 seconds preview of Plundered My Soul on Itunes
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 11, 2010 03:23

skipstone
It's got the snarl that is evident all over Exile - and even some on Goats Head Soup (Save Me in particular has a similar vibe actually). The tone, the sound, the vibe - it's all there. The vocal - OK, it's a little bit odd. So what.

BUT.

If you listen to the Amazon clip and turn it up, you can hear something that is something I've only ever heard from The Rolling Stones. There's something the vocals do that when the note goes down in one place, it almost seems to get a 3D kind of sound to it. Lisa and Cindy did a gobfucking fantastic job of sounding like the other backing vocals on the album.

Overall I give it a big tongue licking motherfucking A+.

"He likes it! Hey Mikey!"

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: April 11, 2010 04:25

Id just like to ask with sssoul- with all the posts regarding the new song, and different reactions to it- are you still resisting the urge to hear the snippet.

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: April 11, 2010 04:45

I like it, however one of the great wonders of Exile is the way Jaggers vocals are buried in the mix... I hear him way to loud, it those sound pretty cool though... I guess we have to wait a little longer.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 11, 2010 05:49

Yeah I think a lot of the hurdles folks are having is thinking of this as Exile Pt. 2. Now some of the straight forward outtakes that haven't been added to, will most likely be more like Exile. However, the few songs where Jagger sprinkled his fairy dust on will be more like Tattoo You. They will sound like one foot in the past with one foot in the present. Which isn't a bad thing, and actually is quite interesting. The fact that Jagger is wanting to add to it is his and Keith's inspiration. I find that interesting. For me listening to the 40 second snippet shows a pretty cool song, and I am anxious to hear the rest. And we will all have the original Exile to covet.

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: April 11, 2010 06:14

My two centsthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 11, 2010 08:21

Tatters, do not confuse me with some other kind!!! smiling bouncing smiley I love the Stones. I bitch AND praise just like anyone else - but this, and of course there is yet to hear the rest, is just what a big Stones fan would hopefully get: something that has been done, regardless of what year or how it was done, that is unknown or has been bootlegged a million times over that is finally coming out.

OF COURSE it is that much better, and I'm drawing a blank on the word that could be used to describe it, than anything new. If this turns out to be the second coming of a Tattoo You-esque type "album" then great.

Aside from new work being done, I really find it hard and difficult to believe that with the entire second disc anyone could complain - it's Rolling Stones lagniappe that no one could or would have expected between 1972 and, oh, I dunno, 2008.

I'm already glad and it hasn't come out yet. This is not a new album. It's a treat.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: April 11, 2010 09:18

i must admit it has a "glorious" seventies taste to it, kind of "british" more than "american"

imho the problem is not the vocals but how it is mixed
in a way mick seems to make his statement about exile and what he has always found "unsatisfying" in its sound.

anyway it's still a 45 seconds snippet....thanx Amused

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: April 11, 2010 10:31

I think vocally it's terrible. Jagger just isn't the singer he was in 72, pretty much overaccenuating and grating. Musically, and especially where Taylor's guitar is concerned, there are glimpses of the greatness of the Stones at their peak. Only glimpses mind, and for the most part this song is one thing that doesn't deserve being associated with the great Exile On Main Street. The Stones shouldn't try to recreate 1972.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 11, 2010 10:49

klrkcr
Id just like to ask with sssoul- with all the posts regarding the new song, and different reactions to it- are you still resisting the urge to hear the snippet.

... i'm touched that you care! yep, i'm holding out for the whole track.
not reading this thread makes it easier to resist the snippet :E

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: April 11, 2010 10:51

The song is great, not the voice..

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: April 11, 2010 11:09

Edward Twining
and for the most part this song
so have you listened to the whole of it? where?

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: April 11, 2010 11:25

I meant from what i'd heard so far, Maumau. I think i already know what i feel about it without hearing it all.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 11, 2010 11:54

Edward Twining
I think i already know what i feel about it without hearing it all.
... And that's exactly the problem with how many people think on here, if you don't mind me saying so. There's simply too much of that "I heard a song from the recent concert. It sucked and I'm glad I wasn't there".

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: April 11, 2010 13:07

Gazza
crumbling_mice
Looks like I'm going to be unpopular, but it sounds pretty poor to me....deffo a filler track and not worthy of a place on Exile...

er..thats exactly what its supposed to be...

Gazza, are you saying that all the "new" tracks are fillers because they weren't included in the first place?
My guess is that I've misunderstood you so a clarification (assuming I'm wrong) would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: April 11, 2010 13:09

I like it. The way they've tried to replecate the production of Exile I think pretty well done.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: April 11, 2010 13:12

Harlem Shuffler
Gazza
crumbling_mice
Looks like I'm going to be unpopular, but it sounds pretty poor to me....deffo a filler track and not worthy of a place on Exile...

er..thats exactly what its supposed to be...

Gazza, are you saying that all the "new" tracks are fillers because they weren't included in the first place?
My guess is that I've misunderstood you so a clarification (assuming I'm wrong) would be appreciated. Thanks.

no, he's saying that these are the tracks that in 72 were considered too weak to be on Exile. so basically take your least fav Exile tune - and those 10 will be worse.

practically that's not true, they've put new charm in them. not fillers - mighty interesting... but they were still not worthy of a place on Exile.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: April 11, 2010 13:19

I like it,like it, yes I do.... I want it NOW!!!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 11, 2010 13:22

I am interested in how Ronnie is taking all this? It must be hard being in the band since '76. And now all the press is a buzz with the re-release of Exile, and the new tracks, and a new single, that doesn't include him. That is a strange place to be in when you are in The Rolling Stones.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: April 11, 2010 13:33

whitem8
I am interested in how Ronnie is taking all this? It must be hard being in the band since '76. And now all the press is a buzz with the re-release of Exile, and the new tracks, and a new single, that doesn't include him. That is a strange place to be in when you are in The Rolling Stones.

Well, Ronnie simply has to accept the fact that the Stones already had a life before he joined. And I am pretty sure he does.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: April 11, 2010 13:46

Amused
reupload: [www.megaupload.com]

Don't work, please can you reupload again.
Thanks

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: April 11, 2010 13:51

hey... it works. smiling smiley
by the way I'm not the one who merged it, I just uploaded... it still works.
I can post it on sendspace, too, if you need.

[www.sendspace.com]

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: April 11, 2010 13:59

whitem8

means, instead of 2 bottles of wodka 3 bottles every day. eye popping smiley

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: April 11, 2010 14:01

I was very surprised with this - thanks to those who posted it.

I actually like it ! Was expecting a "filler" but this could be an album track on an album other than Exile.

Why doesn't Mick/Keith dig up these half-decent songs throughout the band's career and put them on record?
It sure sounds a bit better than some of the stuff on the band's previous album.

Kind of nice to hear the sound of the band (even though it's mp3 and 50 secs) as it should sound !

nice.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: April 11, 2010 14:08

Eleanor Rigby
It sure sounds a bit better than some of the stuff on the band's previous album.

Exactly.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 11, 2010 15:22

JumpingKentFlash
Edward Twining
... And that's exactly the problem with how many people think on here, if you don't mind me saying so. There's simply too much of that "I heard a song from the recent concert. It sucked and I'm glad I wasn't there".

...the problem is that many of these "critics" have already made up their minds that they are gonna hate on whatever comes out.....not going to ruin it for most of us...can't wait for the release.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: April 11, 2010 15:30

Amused

I can post it on sendspace, too, if you need.

[www.sendspace.com]

Many thanks smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 11, 2010 15:47

whitem8

He won't grow up. He will never even try. He will do what Peter tells him. And never ask him why.

Posted by: DiddleyBo ()
Date: April 11, 2010 16:02

Hey, I like it. CanĀ“t wait to hear more.

This could be their best record since........eh since............Exile

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 11, 2010 16:41

Rip This
JumpingKentFlash
Edward Twining

...the problem is that many of these "critics" have already made up their minds that they are gonna hate on whatever comes out.....not going to ruin it for most of us...can't wait for the release.

Would be the same saying about the upcoming U2 CD - "same old bullshit songs from the way too overrated U2", "way to overrated because of Bono's politician ass-lick" etc..
But then all U2 defenders will come upfront calling you whatever, crying their hearts out, defending U2 in whatever way.
But citizicing Stones - no problem, tear the in to the trash, slamming them etc. no probs. Stones in many peoples minds are to be criticize in whatever way at whatever moment possible because they can't play music, sing, compose anymore - they are moneydiggers, posing, an vegas act etc. Hello, they are not worse than everybody else.

Posted by: stonethobo ()
Date: April 11, 2010 17:01

The vocals of the two tracks are worlds apart. The new Jagger sounds so strained with his high-pitched and thin voice, the 1972 Jagger just cool and relaxed. Wish he could sing again like on Love is strong 1994 - that was cool...

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2740
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home