Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Rolling Stones might have quiet 50th
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: April 14, 2010 07:59

Not much might even come of The Stones 50th.Alot of people just arent big on Anniversaries and stuff like that and all the fuss that goes with it.They might sort of go along with it just to be prolite and not want to hurt peoples feelings that might organise something for them behind their backs.I cant imagine Charlie jumping up and down with joy about it.The only one I could imagine getting all excited about it would probadly be Ronnie a good excuse for a piss-up and the chance to meet a few more pretty ladies in short skirts.If thats the case for the Stones going for the quiet option it will be hard to ignore it.The week of their Anniversary they will be knocking major new stories off the front pages of most newpapers and there will be full page spreads of them..and will all tie in well with the page 3 girls (if they still have them)and of course theres the world TV and magazines.Ya can be sure The Stones will be asked the same old boring questions like its your 50th year are you going to tour sometime soon stuff.Gee thats going to be really exciting stuff for them.Yes its going to be a full on year 2012 for London Town..and of course the James Bond 007 movies having their 50th the same year.Then the Olympics as well....Bring it on.

Re: The Rolling Stones might have quiet 50th
Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: April 14, 2010 08:13

Hi colonial, I hope something is done to commemorate the occasion for them.My opinion is that they are long overdue for recognition and richly deserve all the accolades which hopefully come their way.Cheers mate, hope all is well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-14 08:13 by klrkcr.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 14, 2010 12:53

I'm just hoping for some live action regardless.....

Posted by: john nicholls ()
Date: April 14, 2010 13:49

No doubt they will celebrate the way they did for the 45th anniversary!! Playing a small gig to corporate business men for zillions of dollars!! How cool would that be again????????

John Nicholls

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 14, 2010 18:11

just like when general macarthur gave his farewell address to west point when he said "old soliders just fade away"

Date: April 14, 2010 18:34

The Greek..Good one I like it..Im hoping 2012 is going to be *Business as Usual* for The Rolling Stones.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 14, 2010 19:05

colonial
The Greek..Good one I like it..Im hoping 2012 is going to be *Business as Usual* for The Rolling Stones.

Thats not a particularly attractive scenario if 'as usual' is a continuation of the 'business' of 2008, 2009 and 2010.....

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: April 14, 2010 19:18

The Greek
just like when general macarthur gave his farewell address to west point when he said "old soliders just fade away"
the full quote is "old soldiers never die, they just fade away". he was quoting a ballad and he said it during his farewell speech to congress. but maybe he said it at west point as well, i dunno.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 14, 2010 21:33

bernardanderson
The Greek
the full quote is "old soldiers never die, they just fade away". he was quoting a ballad and he said it during his farewell speech to congress. but maybe he said it at west point as well, i dunno.

Do you think Jagger was inspired by that quote when he wrote :

Old habits die hard
Old soldiers just fade away
Old habits die hard
Harder than November rain

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 14, 2010 21:35

why is november rain supposably so hard? and didn't the gunners have a song by that title? jagger inspired by that?

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: April 14, 2010 21:41

they've been mostly quiet for a quarter of a century ; popping out for big tours and going back to sleep thousands of miles from each other...i think cumulatively the stones don't have twenty five years working actually...all in all...still a huge huge contribution...even if they had stopped before the golden era..quiet is good unless there's something musical they really want to express....me not big on the hype per se....especially when it reinforces a latter era stones that aren't reallyteh stones...

beelyboy...Think About it

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: April 14, 2010 21:46

StonesTod
and didn't the gunners have a song by that title? jagger inspired by that?
Hopefully not, because it's not one of their best. Well, at least Shannon Hoon sings on it...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-14 21:47 by FreeBird.

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: April 14, 2010 21:47

Oh sure, Ronnie is the only womanizer in the band...Yeah, Right!!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 14, 2010 21:57

FreeBird
StonesTod
and didn't the gunners have a song by that title? jagger inspired by that?
Hopefully not, because it's not one of their best. Well, at least Shannon Hoon sings on it...

yeah? shannon was too hoon gone...or something...

Date: April 14, 2010 23:44

With The Rolling Stones called *Music Royalty*.I wouldnt like to see souvenirs coming out marking their 50th anniversary the same way as our Royal Family have in the past.With their photos on biscuit tins or Tee towels or Model train sets of Mick and Keith standing on the platform at Dartford railway station..Rrr no..I dont want to see any of that sort of stuff..I want to see a lot more effort put into it with a Statue of them made of Rock and put in the centre of London somewhere...if that cant be done a couple of plaques set in Stone one at Dartford railway station and one in London somewhere..I personally will be celebrating their 50th by knocking the top off a bottle of Jack Daniels...shaken not stirred.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: April 15, 2010 04:25

How about they do 50 In-Store autograph signings at North American Best Buy locations ? The catch is that in order to meet the band you must buy 50 copies of Exile. They will only sign one copy though for you.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 15, 2010 05:51

I dont care as much as i thought i would about another tour, believe it or not iam more interested in the archives being released which seems to be starting to happen
at last

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 15, 2010 06:35

Does it really matter? 50 years? Over half of that waiting around. When they're all dead someone will - it will be as bad as bringing up someone's birthday that died at the age of 83 about 25 years ago and acting as if they could possibly still be alive.

Fifty Licks - no way. Maybe Mick's Fifty Grey Hairs or Ronnie's Fiftieth Rehab Stint...

Posted by: 5string ()
Date: April 15, 2010 07:02

The Rolling Stones---long overdue for recognition???? uh----spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: April 15, 2010 07:19

melillo
I dont care as much as i thought i would about another tour, believe it or not iam more interested in the archives being released which seems to be starting to happen
at last

me too.

Date: April 15, 2010 07:53

5string..The Rolling Stones have been a household name in most countries on this Planet for the last 50 years..and people will be still talking about them well into the future...End of Story.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: April 15, 2010 08:24

5string
The Rolling Stones---long overdue for recognition???? uh----spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

What was meant by that 5string, is that the Stones and the Beatles were really the top two bands of the 60s.From what i have read, it was "are you a Stones fan or Beatles?"The Beatles will always be held in high regard by many for their musical contributions, and rightly so, BUT they finished up officially in 1970. The Stones are close to reaching a milestone in rock n roll history- 50 years- they have vertually seen their competitors breakup,seen new fads in music come and go,and until an official announcement is made,I believe they are not finished yet.IN my opinion they deserve recognition for their achievement and good on them.

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: April 15, 2010 08:53

Bugger the 50th anniversary, I say celebrate the 50th year - it's sooner!

Date: April 15, 2010 10:09

Yes..it will be interesting to see who gets invites to the celebrations it will be the Whos-Who of the music fraternity past and present.Im sure if Boris Johnson(London Mayor) was asked if The Stones could throw a few marquees up in Hyde Park and have a few of the boys over..he wouldnt care less he likes a good night out.Might be a different story with Gordon Brown he looks a bit a stick in mud...thats if hes still got his job.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1269
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home